Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UK/European migrant problem

Erdogan will be pushing for more terrorist attacks, and not only in France.

Time for some instant sunshine on Ankara?.

Oh surely you can mean that, you are talking about a loyal NATO member....

Last time a French Admiral visited Turkey, he was placed under a map with disputed borders on it and photographed from all angles by the Turks who then proceeded to distribute the pictures around...

The problem seems to be that once your here it's very hard to deport you.
Good piece in the mail this morning about Germany.
They are deporting them in the thousands.
No messing about, no last minute lawyer intervention.
Cops turn up arrest you, stick you on a plane and away you go back to whence you came.
Natuarlly the people smugglers have arrived and told them there is a country in Europe they can come to where they can get legal aid and stay as long as they want.
Don't get too excited, I've neither seen nor heard anything about it in the German media. Apart from which in the past lawyers and activists have stopped deportations at the last minute as "the guests" were boarding the jet. It has even happened that deported persons were ordered to be returned by the courts as the deportation was illegal.
Still hope springs eternal.

Get it right, Turkey is not in the EU club!..

Turkey as a landmass is in Southeastern Europe as well as the Balkan Peninsula and Western Asia..
Turkey has I think 3% of its landmass in Europe....enough to play in the Euro football thingy

Don't get too excited, I've neither seen nor heard anything about it in the German media. Apart from which in the past lawyers and activists have stopped deportations at the last minute as "the guests" were boarding the jet. It has even happened that deported persons were ordered to be returned by the courts as the deportation was illegal.
Still hope springs eternal.
I was thinking the same, however, how likely is it that the German mainstream media would publish any story that made the Merkel government look bad? They know what happens if they do.

I was thinking the same, however, how likely is it that the German mainstream media would publish any story that made the Merkel government look bad? They know what happens if they do.
The cynic in me says that Angie doesn't need the media to make her look bad. With a combination of private and public TV coverage someone somewhere must have an independent opinion surely.

The cynic in me says that Angie doesn't need the media to make her look bad. With a combination of private and public TV coverage someone somewhere must have an independent opinion surely.
You would be surprised. It's not like the UK or US where the media thinks it's their job to 'hold the government to account'. It's a rule of thumb in Germany, that if you see an article that is mildly critical about a government policy, they are already planning to change it and just warming up the public.

So Gary Lineker housed an "unseen refugee" at his Surrey mansion for a month...
Anyone else smell bullshit?!..

Hmm .. looking at the photo of his sons it looks like one of his "duskier" footballing teammates got a free ride from his Mrs, perhaps that's why I never hear her mentioned.

Gary Lineker with his sons Angus, Tobias and George in London's West End back in 2015

Gary Lineker with his sons Angus, Tobias and George in London's West End back in 2015.

Hmm .. looking at the photo of his sons it looks like one of his "duskier" footballing teammates got a free ride from his Mrs, perhaps that's why I never hear her mentioned.

Gary Lineker with his sons Angus, Tobias and George in London's West End back in 2015's West End back in 2015

Gary Lineker with his sons Angus, Tobias and George in London's West End back in 2015.
They all look like entitled tw@ts if you ask me.

Gary Lineker with his sons Angus, Tobias and George in London's West End back in 2015's West End back in 2015

Second from the right looks a little Hebrew. Can I say that?:oops:

You would be surprised. It's not like the UK or US where the media thinks it's their job to 'hold the government to account'. It's a rule of thumb in Germany, that if you see an article that is mildly critical about a government policy, they are already planning to change it and just warming up the public.
At the risk of thread drift, some of the media are not sparing in the criticism of various ministers and even Angie. Satire shows like Die Heuteshow with Oliver Welke (TV journo) or Extra-3 thrive on almost merciless criticism, mostly of ministers or various Groko politicians.

There was an article in the paper edition of 'The Times' last monday. The thrust of it was that the former head of the BND from 2011-2016, Gerhard Schindler that 'China is poised to dominate the world' In a book he has written 'Wer hat Angst vorm BND (Who's afraid of the BND?) He also warned that Angela Merkel's liberal approach to the 2015 migrant crisis had left Germany with a reservoir of young muslim men susceptible to violence and jihadist ideology, and that the true scale of the danger was only now becoming clear.

He also said that he is also concerned about the security risk posed by the many young Muslims who have arrived since 2015 but failed to secure good jobs or asylum. He said "I see a great danger here. If we can't intergrate hundreds of thousands of young Muslims, then these people are programmed to fail. We will have a reservoir for radicalisation for recruitment for violence."

Latest Threads