Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The UK/European migrant problem

Paying tariffs on just about everything and all exports to our larger market subject to punitive levies. Yeah, great idea when the economy (and many people's personal finances) is on its knees

No one planned for Covid, so to be fair up until January, no one had an expectation of the world economy being in the toilet. Most people who voted for and supported Brexit, were OK with looking to negotiate a fair trade deal with the EU. Even with the expectation that the EU would milk it a bit and perhaps get a little more than they are worth. Many also ironically give a little Gallic shrug to that potential outcome, some might even throw in a friendly “Bof”.

The reality is that both the UK and the EU member nations, are on a level playing field of the costing of Covid. But we are only having to sort one nation out. The EU not so much, and arrsing about sorting out Tariffs and Trade Agreements are as old as trade itself.

Would a decent trade agreement suit both our nation and the EU Institution, certainly but there is a element of they have more to lose, since the member states might get the hump losing a lucrative market place. A simple example, I can eat and enjoy Somerset Brie as easily as anything from France.

No one planned for Covid, so to be fair up until January, no one had an expectation of the world economy being in the toilet. Most people who voted for and supported Brexit, were OK with looking to negotiate a fair trade deal with the EU. Even with the expectation that the EU would milk it a bit and perhaps get a little more than they are worth. Many also ironically give a little Gallic shrug to that potential outcome, some might even throw in a friendly “Bof”.

The reality is that both the UK and the EU member nations, are on a level playing field of the costing of Covid. But we are only having to sort one nation out. The EU not so much, and arrsing about sorting out Tariffs and Trade Agreements are as old as trade itself.

Would a decent trade agreement suit both our nation and the EU Institution, certainly but there is a element of they have more to lose, since the member states might get the hump losing a lucrative market place. A simple example, I can eat and enjoy Somerset Brie as easily as anything from France.
Somerset Brie. Unable or unaffordable to be exported after the end of the year.

If that is the case then likely French brie will dry up too leaving a gap in the domestic demand that Somerset Brie, could fill.

I know that somewhat simplistic but I am sure you get my point, however this debate is more suited to another thread as this is predominately about The UK/European migrant problem, which equally damaging to the UK economy.

The cost of housing and having to look after the extra 6,000 odd souls the UK gained illegally in just this year so far ain't be paid for by the EU.

Paying tariffs on just about everything and all exports to our larger market subject to punitive levies. Yeah, great idea when the economy (and many people's personal finances) is on its knees

Economies right across Europe, (and other parts of the world) together with many other people's personal finances are also on their knees.
In case you hadn't noticed.
The economy of Italy is still in reverse ever since joining the EU and the Euro, with not a jot of positivity in sight.
Not since joining for even one day.
I wonder how they will feel about that when it comes to retirement and pension time?
Youth unemployment and rural poverty obviously do not affect Luxembourg, Brussels or Strasbourg, but this research is from 2017, it hasn't improved since then anywhere economically.

These kids are going to be the very angry generation wondering where the EU dream and their futures went wrong.

Tyk

LE

Which would be a shame, while I like most cheeses from most places the Somerset Brie is pretty damn superior to much of the French Brie I've had in the UK. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Somerset one currently sells well in France.

From Reuters the five going forward are

Kenyan minister Amina Mohamed

former Nigerian Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Interesting point that she became a US citizen in 2019

South Korean Trade Minister Yoo Myung-hee

Saudi Arabia’s Mohammad Al-Tuwaijri

British ex-minister Liam Fox.

Too address 'lokiuk' thought. Once was a time we in the main would think that competence would be the driving factor, there is sadly like as not to be some box ticking to be had instead... Like so many trans-national organisations sadly these days, I have little faith they are not "woke" driven, rather than just do the task they are there for.

While the nomenclature 'woke' is new and can be open to interpretation, I think you can all work out how it is being used in this instance and my intent.
The South Korean lady seems the most qualified looking at her bio, as she seems to have been involved in trade issues all her working life and has got a good track record.

It’s a fundamental nonsense and undermines the existing visa system that Schengen uses. Visa’s are applicable for those wanting to enter the area, so how exactly are migrants to be identified? If discovered what exactly would be done with them? But I’ve had a sneaky thought, perhaps VDL wants to create a new form of EUropean citizen and the EU will issue it’s own docs. With it’s own health system paid for by the 27 will grant entitlement. The next step would be its own NI system etc. That will provide the resource for the new EU military. So in the future we can be assured that the EU citizen won’t be EUropean. That will create a new EU primacy rather like Ni, Scotland, Wales and um, Er British.
One Polish MEP in particular pointed out and sideswiped VDL because it would be costs additional too that already agreed in the Peter and Paul arrangement in the last Budget and pointed out she should resist the temptation of dragging more powers in for the Commission. The Budget agreed already contains provision for covid related costs to be set against expectations in increasing grants. Poland is now in Melt down and a representative of the Law and Justice party thought they would be holding elections short
ECHR, in effect since 1953, but increasingly used as a tool by undesirables to either wangle their way into Britain or used against British citizens in a way that it was not designed to be used. Rumoured to be on the way out of British law after 31st December 2020 and replaced by a bill of British making which would be fairer and would prevent soldiers being prosecuted for following orders for instance.
The provision already exists since Nurnberg, the order has to be a legal order, it was drummed into us that that illegal order was the only defence in the MML , this is just doubling down and Britgov just needs to have the spine to tell the Irish that persons acting for Irish Politicial motives can be no defence for them. It cuts both ways.

But,at least it will stop the import of sub-standard EU motor cars (It would be nice to get them with indicators that work), because our tariffs will make them too expensive to buy...Japanese car anyone ? :mrgreen:

It will also close down a market,accounting for 20% of German car exports ! :cool:

Please guys, let's not turn this into (yet another) Brexit thread.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
L

“freeloading economic migrants” kind of goes against your claims of non xenophobia. I’d engage in a reasoned debate with you but I feel that you are the sort who resorts to insulting those that don’t dare hold the same point of view as you. I wish you peace and happiness and hope you find a way of educating yourself. Kind regards. Cpl C. X

Why have they come then?

Is it because they feel they have something to give, or rather that they'd like to receive?

Copied across from the "Priti Vacant" thread . . .

The eventual report by the sub-committee looking at "Channel crossings - Migration and Asylum seeking Routes through the EU", should also be "interesting".

It is understood that we can all submit evidence until Monday 21 September 2020 . . . should anyone want to express their concern/opinion/appreciation ?! ;) .

Channel crossings, migration and asylum-seeking routes through the EU - Committees - UK Parliament
Errrr . . . . as with other threads, this one too seems to be veering-off into BREXIT territory; WTO nominations; and has a acquired a smattering of brie cheese/trade discussion :( .

Just a reminder, that there is JUST a couple of days to submit our own opinions/suggestions to the sub-committee looking at "Channel crossings - Migration and Asylum seeking Routes through the EU" (See LINK, in the above QUOTE).

+ + + + + + + + + +

My own, earlier, submission to the sub-committee attempted - hopefully successfully - to establish a direct, cause-and-effect, connection between . . . .

+ Continual uncontrolled human population explosion . . .
+ Climate Change . . .
+ Economic migration across continents . . .
+ Illegal migrants crossing the Channel . . .

I have just recently reminded them that all the above is having a direct, inextricable, detrimental, effect on the Earth’s bio-diversity, as comprehensively and unarguably illustrated by Sir David Attenborough’s programme “EXTINCTION: THE FACTS”, which was shown on BBC1 television at 2000 hrs, on Sunday 13 September 2020.

I concluded that, as the contents of this programme, are so relevant to the workings of the sub-committee, and should be available for the sub-committee to consider, it is suggested, requested, that an exception be made to the “NOT previously published” condition of submitting evidence . . . so that the subcommittee to be given “official” access to this programme . . .

" . . . . I have watched some of the sub-committee’s proceedings, and whilst not wishing to be at all derogatory, most of the evidence offered - to be considered by the sub-committee - did seem to dwell on, wallow-in, the inappropriate procedures and inefficient systems, rather than focus on the root-causes!! ".

+ + + + + + + + + +

Others contributing to this thread, have the opportunity to paraphrase their posts on ARRSE, and comment directly to the sub-committee regarding the "inappropriate procedures and inefficient systems", how they might/should be improved . . . and, why we are still merely talking about it, and what might be the REASONS why NOTHING has been done ?!

It is understood that we “can submit evidence until Monday 21 September 2020”.

Channel crossings, migration and asylum-seeking routes through the EU - Committees - UK Parliament

Last edited:

His father claimed the family's life was under threat there due to opposition to his business as a wine merchant.

What a lame reason

syrup

LE
Bella Sankey needs to give her head a wobble and realise that the risk doesn’t come from us. Where is her excoriation of people movers? And of course all charidees are run by professional income chasers .

She also need to try and put some time in to work out the difference between refugee and migrant.
You cannot in any sense of the word be a refugee from France or any other European nation.
You stop being a refugee the minute you step out of the country in which you are fleeing from.
They can claim asylum in a multitude of countries.
To cross Europe is illegal they are entering and exiting countries illegally.
Everyone who lands on British soil is doing so illegally and is therefore a criminal.

She also need to try and put some time in to work out the difference between refugee and migrant.
You cannot in any sense of the word be a refugee from France or any other European nation.
You stop being a refugee the minute you step out of the country in which you are fleeing from.
They can claim asylum in a multitude of countries.
To cross Europe is illegal they are entering and exiting countries illegally.
Everyone who lands on British soil is doing so illegally and is therefore a criminal.
Now, now we can’t confuse the little darlings. I know that, you know that but unfortunately the intellectual giants can’t see it. They’re far more interested in euman rights cos it pays a salary cos it’s a charidee. I bumped into a Romanian beggar in the car park near us who thought I was an easy touch.
”please,” say he using the German word Hunger.
“Where you from” putting on my careing face
“Romania, no work”.
”now you go see Salvation Army, they feed you and put you in contact with Romanian embassy.“ I was just about to say “because you must go home now” The speed at which he disappeared was enlightening to behold. I just chanced across a PCSO on the way home, I know him by sight and told him there was probably a b.eggar group operating in the area. He nodded, we’ve had a few reports.

In more ethnocide news.

Meanwhile the Mayor of London wants to start a purge on the remnants of white history from their capital city.

Black-lives-matter-18899909

Link not working.
2020_09_19_05_53_31.jpg

Latest Threads