help with paying for spectacles;
free eyesight tests;
free dental care;
free prescriptions for medication;
cash
and gifts from charities.
Perhaps Dustin Hofman's dentist could help with the dentistry

Entire families arriving at our shores.

Meanwhile, at the other end of Europe, entire families from Tunisia arriving in Italy. It makes you wonder how much more Europe can substain before something breaks. But I suppose the EU will just bury their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away in time honoured fashion.
It will keep going until riding a wave of popular support someone gets elected on the promise of finding a final solution to the problem

Germany has form for this kind of thing allegedly

Entire families arriving at our shores.

Meanwhile, at the other end of Europe, entire families from Tunisia arriving in Italy. It makes you wonder how much more Europe can substain before something breaks. But I suppose the EU will just bury their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away in time honoured fashion.
well, the Italians will process them as always and put them in a camp, but not too secure a camp, then shrug when they nip off north during the night.
Up north, as long as they keep moving, the Polizia will leave them be. with open borders all along the route bar Switzerland, it’s only determination and money that determines their speed of advance.
the only time I’ve encountered any significant attempt to pick them up has been at the Austrian and French borders, but it’s a bit half half hearted, more for show.
my main routes to and from Italy are the northern route through Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, France, or the western route via Switzerland, Germany, northern France.
outside the organised traffickers, It’s a steady human trade, you can spot the obvious migrant Families, the excited kids are a giveaway. As you get closer to Channel, cars and vans start to pick them up from Aires for the home run. Sometimes it’s friends or family from the UK, sometimes a fixer for the boat service. the families are no problem, they keep themselves to themselves, generally don’t scrounge, they want no trouble, just to get to somewhere ’better’.
groups of East Asia, ME men? More an irritation, easily dissuaded by a stern look or sharp word, they are used to getting shouted at by everyone above them.
The problem ones are the small ad hoc gangs of young African men. They are aggressive, not amenable to intimidation, they will beg, quite aggressively, they do break into vehicles. They walk, or steal lifts. We carry weapons in the vehicle, we have had attempts to force the car to stop and attempts to open the doors - one particularly unpleasant incident was in France in a small town, group swarmed the car at the lights while the others attempted to get in - UK plates are a giveaway. Doors always locked, anyone approaches the vehicle, gun it. We‘ve stopped using the shorter western route now, not worth the hassle, and many service stations close early to avoid trouble and thefts

Welcome to Juarez.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
To my mind a sort of halfway Australian method would be sufficient to deter a lot of them.
On Reception, fingerprint them and take away personal items, allowing them a similar arrangement to the emailaprisoner idea. Needless to say the personal items would be returned to them on their later movement depending on the result of their case.
Off the coast of UK there are many small islands where a prefabricated set of buildings could be erected (solving our own slump/depression employment type problems) which could provide single and married accom, medical facilities, schools and shops.
Needless to say such people could earn money by manufacturing certain items.
There would be an outcry from the luvvies as well as both male and female charity workers who would see their free sex disappearing.
These places could provide suitable accom until their cases are heard.
They would be provided for and it wouldn't really matter how many of them there were though somehow word would get out that UK life is not a bed of roses and possibly illegal immigrants would not bother to attempt to invade UK.

After their arrest and processing then what ? How long can they be held in custody? They will be told to behave and if thyre not housed in a hotel, they will be told to report at a nominated location weekly etc while their case joins thousands of others.

Meantime they will disappear into the black economy and will do their best not to be pinged again. Even if they do they can console themselves that convicted paedophiles that should have been deported are still enjoying life in the UK

As far as migration issues are concerned, Patel is just another bench filler. She has not published the report on the grooming scandal and months after taking office, the numbers of migrants has increased.
I am looking forward to reading about the first one to die a brutal, agonizing, undignified death. Or at least to see photos of one of them cutting about in a powered wheelchair, controlled by a chin lever, dribbling and honking. With a face blowtorched off. And kids laughing at him.

Is Bastion still open?
Nice British base we could rent the area of the Afghans.
The illegals could staff it and run it themselves.

Just imagine the sun's shining the Union Flag is fluttering in the mild breeze and you've a job in the Camp Pizza Hut.
Migrant heaven.
Rear Admiral Chris Parry (Rtd) was on the box a couple of days ago, and was the first person I have heard talking sense.

One suggestion he offered was a cruise liner which is ready for decommissioning (he suggested there were plenty around) – at least that means they don’t get on terra firma, and have the opportunity to do a runner; proper processes can then be applied.

syrup

LE
Rear Admiral Chris Parry (Rtd) was on the box a couple of days ago, and was the first person I have heard talking sense.

One suggestion he offered was a cruise liner which is ready for decommissioning (he suggested there were plenty around) – at least that means they don’t get on terra firma, and have the opportunity to do a runner; proper processes can then be applied.

I agree it makes the most sense any of them have come out with.

Dear Mum I started out in a real small boat and thanks to the British I'm now in a real big boat.
You can almost see the UK from here although every day it appears to be getting smaller

Your loving son

Mohammed aged 47 (although if anyone asks I'm 6)

Where proper processes start with fingerprints and DNA being taken and recorded.

Last edited:
Further to the comments about targeting the smugglers....Hopefully they will get to the real organisers and not just the foot soldiers.

More than 30 people have been arrested since the start of July in connection with people smuggling across the Channel.

Priti Patel- All talk. Not much else.Nothing dissimilar about her than the other ones we’ve had the last few years.
Do you want Mrs May back?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Part of the problem now is the fact that whenever I walk past anyone of BAME extraction who I don't know I wonder if . . . .

It will keep going until riding a wave of popular support someone gets elected on the promise of finding a final solution to the problem

Germany has form for this kind of thing allegedly
Democracy is a funny thing, you can be convinced for years to hold your nose and vote for parties who you fundamentally disagree with. But the alternatives, are generally called by the media horrid names which you don't wish to be associated with and it does work as a political strategy and has kept the migration train running.

The wrinkle in the matrix comes, when parties begin to coalesce around a less horrid platform and those parties begin to squeeze the middle at a far faster rate and make no mistake, that process is underway across europe and the mainstream parties are then pushed rightward, in words.

I expect Covid to have had a massive impact on attitudes and at some point, words start to sound hollow and that is when things really do spiral, as in the early 30s. Because Hitler/Mussolini/Stalin didn't win power, they're were handed it out of desperation to keep the old system rolling and that translates to migration, where the words are seriously starting to sound hollow and the UK exit from the EU starts to close somewhat one destination.

Then when it's full, a day to trip to Boulogne and disembark the pax.

Also after the war, large numbers of Polish servicemen/women did not want to return to face persecution by the Communists, stayed here, we took in refugees from Eastern Europe referred to at the time as 'displaced persons' again they were afraid to return home, also numbers of Czechs after the 1948 Communist coup, 24k German POW's also remained here at their request, again did not want to return to Communist (Jeremy's chums) controlled areas. Did any Italian POW's stay here? All this was before the Windrush. Hungarians after the 1956 rising.
I know one former Italian POW who stayed here, but he was born here, he was visiting family in Italy from his home in Largs whne war broke out and he got drafted into the Italian forces.
He got captured quite early on in North Africa and was shipped to England, then put on a train north with blacked out windows, then taken with other Italians in a truck with the canvas firmly down by a circuitous route to their destination.
The truck was unloaded and in a fog they were lined up for a talk from the camp CO, while they were waiting the fog burned of and he exclaimed loudly in a broad Scottish Accent, "for ****'s sake we're in Greenock".

Edited to add I know swearing is not usually permitted in the IC, but was included for accuracy.

Last edited: