The UK/European migrant problem

We all know the score here. Judging by the answers, suggestions, opinions and solutions many have provided anyone of us could resolve the situation overnight. Only one problem, the politics, the politicians haven't got the balls to do what is needed.

It is all just posturing and rhetoric.

I don't suppose one of the MODS could send out a V.I.P. Welcome to ARRSE Invitation to ahem...Mr Dan O'Mahoney to join up and take the information for free.

If only.
He is ex Royal Marine and I wouldn't be surpised if he is a member...but I suspect he's rather busy at the moment.

24k German POW's also remained here at their request, again did not want to return to Communist (Jeremy's chums) controlled areas.
When German POW's were released they were given the option to stay in the UK if they wanted to, or return in a certain time. Many stayed because all their family had been killed in the bombing, or they just liked it here as they got on with the locals and there was nothing for them in Germany with everything in ruins.

Many returned to what became East Germany. There were quite a few young members of the Waffen SS stayed as well and became British Nationals.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
One newspaper today has a front page photo of a woman playing almost all the cards because she reckons she is a lawyer, depressed, certainly not white, has family commitments, and threatens to commit suicide if not allowed to get on a boat (assumingly to UK).

When German POW's were released they were given the option to stay in the UK if they wanted to, or return in a certain time. Many stayed because all their family had been killed in the bombing, or they just liked it here as they got on with the locals and there was nothing for them in Germany with everything in ruins.

Many returned to what became East Germany. There were quite a few young members of the Waffen SS stayed as well and became British Nationals.
30k asked to stay, about 5k were refused permission assume because they had Nazi connections or criminal past, some even went on the run rather than return.

Also after the war, large numbers of Polish servicemen/women did not want to return to face persecution by the Communists, stayed here, we took in refugees from Eastern Europe referred to at the time as 'displaced persons' again they were afraid to return home, also numbers of Czechs after the 1948 Communist coup, 24k German POW's also remained here at their request, again did not want to return to Communist (Jeremy's chums) controlled areas. Did any Italian POW's stay here? All this was before the Windrush. Hungarians after the 1956 rising.
They mostly came to work and earn their way, not to scrounge off a generous state.

He is ex Royal Marine and I wouldn't be surpised if he is a member...but I suspect he's rather busy at the moment.
Those LBD's and Stiletto's don't buy themselves

They mostly came to work and earn their way, not to scrounge off a generous state.
Exactly, assimilated into life here, not very involved in politics caused no problems. Poles were target of abuse from Labour anf Left Unions who wanted them returned. Some background to my statement here -

Surprise!!!
EfJYDbbWoAAAOMp.jpg
Very interesting . . . .

EfJYDbbWoAAAOMp.jpg

Seeing that there is a 44:49 division, the then break-down identifying the background composition of the opposing views, is hardly surprising.

I return to this, as I subsequently realised that the 44:49 divide of the whole nation, can/could probably - by extrapolation - be applied to the whole of the Civil Service . . . and in particular to all those employed by Border Force.

There is absolutely no-wonder the Home Secretary finds her policy decisions frustrated by her own staff!! :( .

Meanwhile in the Bavarian town of Mamming almost 500 harvest helpers have been infected with the Corona virus. These workers came from Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania and the Ukraine and have all been placed in quarantine. Well Germany imports lots of food and clothes, might as well import a few bugs as well.

How undignified is this?

An ice cream company posing as a little cottage outfit run by a couple of hippy dudes (but in reality a division of the gigantic global industrial concern, Unilever) squabbling with a very shouty (but essentially vacuous) Home Secretary.

And we're supposed to be impressed by either?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
How undignified is this?

An ice cream company posing as a little cottage outfit run by a couple of hippy dudes (but in reality a division of the gigantic global industrial concern, Unilever) squabbling with a very shouty (but essentially vacuous) Home Secretary.

You didn't read it did you.

Arkanstigger

War Hero
Oh! . . . . that is on our TV screens, every news hour !!
Alternatively we have a Home Secretary whose only skills are talking in nice, tough sounding sound bites and smirking smugly, who blames others for her own failures.

It is curious that the small boats manage to get across the channel (with varying degrees of help) with an unskilled helmsman. Or is there a shepherd boat that nips back to France as soon as the UK is in sight? Oh, probably not, I was making the mistaken assumption that the cover of darkness is needed to successfully elude the mighty Border Patrol, oops.
from the beach, you can see Dover.
just point to the lights or cliffs and say, ‘aim for them’.

its a lot closer than many seem to think.

157B61E2-9FA7-4D39-9BC3-D362BE39C180.jpeg

Oh! . . . . that is on our TV screens, every news hour !!
So that's the Civil Service fault is it?
  • Are boats being interecepted? Yes.
  • Are those detained and moved to immigration detention centres? Yes.
  • Are they then processed iaw international norms and treaties? Yes.
  • Are they removed from the UK when the courts rule in that favour? Yes.
  • Are the Civil Service responsble for the lack of political guts to change the legislation? No.

How undignified is this?

Ben & Jerrys, the same hippies that sold out to corporate America, now virtue signalling and pretending they care

That Ben & Jerrys?

Ben & Jerrys, the same hippies that sold out to corporate America, now virtue signalling and pretending they care

That Ben & Jerrys?

Ben and Jerrys?

Holy distraction virtue posting Batman!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I gather that these illegal immigrants are initially catered for with:
accommodation;
help with paying for spectacles;
free eyesight tests;
free dental care;
free prescriptions for medication;