The UK/European migrant problem

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Mr O’Mahoney takes up the role 2013.

View attachment 495806
[photo] Home Secretary Priti Patel and Dan O'Mahoney, Clandestine Channel Threat Commander.

Mr O'Mahoney, good Ir... eh English name. :p
What's that uniform he's wearing, i don't recognise it, does Border Force have a dress uniform... Do they do parades & inspections. :-D

Priti Patel, gotta say, she is not so young but i would. :hump:

Only thing keeping them out is the weather -

Perhaps if Border Farce stopped providing a taxi service to the migrants they wouldn't get here so easily, if the frogs can ignore the law why shouldn't we?

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Perhaps if Border Farce stopped providing a taxi service to the migrants they wouldn't get here so easily, if the frogs can ignore the law why shouldn't we?
Because the law that the French are ignoring/playing around with/having trouble dealing with, is national, EU, & international law.
The law that the UK would be ignoring is the unwritten law of the sea, that civilised people do not sit & watch people drowning without intervention.

We could ask Bruce 'Buddy' Heller - the horrible little man, if he wants to transfer from Dublin to Dover ?
He would be guaranteed to piss off both legal and illegal travelers...

Bruce.jpg

The problem is only solved for the French when they see the migrants sailing off into the sunset heading for the Kent and Sussex coasts.
I really get upset when I hear people banging on about “returning them to France“.

No, return them to the heart of darkness – drop them off with a pack of rations somewhere around Mali or Cameroon, and let them get on with it.

In the meantime, as a holding location, a Hebridean island – presently uninhabited – is about right.

As for international law, just ignore it, and pay whatever fines follow – at least will save on Holiday Inns.

Apparently, under EU rules, any fish caught in the English Channel belong to the EU, any humans belong to the UK.....

syrup

LE
I really get upset when I hear people banging on about “returning them to France“.

No, return them to the heart of darkness – drop them off with a pack of rations somewhere around Mali or Cameroon, and let them get on with it.

In the meantime, as a holding location, a Hebridean island – presently uninhabited – is about right.

As for international law, just ignore it, and pay whatever fines follow – at least will save on Holiday Inns.

Is Bastion still open?
Nice British base we could rent the area of the Afghans.
The illegals could staff it and run it themselves.

Just imagine the sun's shining the Union Flag is fluttering in the mild breeze and you've a job in the Camp Pizza Hut.
Migrant heaven.

Because the law that the French are ignoring/playing around with/having trouble dealing with, is national, EU, & international law.
The law that the UK would be ignoring is the unwritten law of the sea, that civilised people do not sit & watch people drowning without intervention.
F.F.S. . . . :( .

If the Border Force were NOT in the Channel - LOOKING FOR IDIOTS - then the Border Force would NOT KNOW, if anyone needed rescuing . . . would NOT be obliged to pick-them-up . . . could NOT be accused of any misdemeanour . . . or, of ignoring/contravening any "unwritten laws of the sea" !!

The First thing on the "To do" list of Dan O'Mahoney, is to get rid of ALL the Border Force boats/ships !!

The RN could probably use them ELSEWHERE around our shores, protecting our fish stocks and industry.

Last edited:

syrup

LE
F.F.S. . . . :( .

If the Border Force were NOT in the Channel - LOOKING FOR IDIOTS - then the Border Force would NOT KNOW, if anyone needed rescuing . . . would NOT be obliged to pick-them-up . . . could not be accused of any misdemeanour . . . or, of ignoring/contravening any "laws" !!

The First thing on the "To do" list of Dan O'Mahoney, is to get rid of ALL the Border Force boats/ships !!

The RN could probably use them ELSEWHERE around our shores, protecting our fish stocks and industry.

As I understand it from some news sources they once in British waters they ring 999.
The RNLI is obliged to then go and get them with the Border Force assisting.

As I understand it from some news sources they once in British waters they ring 999.
The RNLI is obliged to then go and get them with the Border Force assisting.
Until and unless they are splashing about in the water . . . they do not NEED "rescueing" . . . and, when and if they are splashing about in the water, the mobile phones with be phuqued ;) !!

syrup

LE
Until and unless they are splashing about in the water . . . they do not NEED "rescueing" . . . and, when and if they are splashing about in the water, the mobile phones with be phuqued ;) !!

That's the issue they claim they are sinking
Never notice how when SKY or any other media outlet gets near the words "bailing out" are always used.

That sanctimonious news presenter on Sky (Scottish accent, self-love) has just prompted me to shout at my perfectly innocent television set.

He had the rather fragrant Helen Whatley on (junior Minister, responsible for Care).

Having initially asked her why we weren’t giving her 50% of our GDP to Lebanon, he then talked about the teachers and engineers.

Started by just using the word ‘migrants’ – no reference to illegal.

Then used what is now my least favourite word: vulnerable - in the context of how wrong (cruel) it would be to use the Royal Navy…

Don't these clowns have any awareness of how far they are adrift from the public mood? They ignore time and again, how the people have spoken in referendums, elections and opinion polls.

Off switch engaged.

What, in some ways, is even more depressing is that this – sensible – Minister feels compelled to use words like ‘dangerous‘ in her response.
Of course it is bloody dangerous, but that is their concern (and, in theory, those of the people smugglers taking their money).
It is not our concern, and government should not make it theirs.
We, as a country, are behaving exactly the way the traffickers want us to. Madness.
This ongoing failure to achieve grippage is infuriating.

Edited to add: pretty Katy (didn’t catch her surname) the Political Correspondent has just been on, saying: “the politics of this are very difficult…”
Reference to France/Europe.

We all know the score here. Judging by the answers, suggestions, opinions and solutions many have provided anyone of us could resolve the situation overnight. Only one problem, the politics, the politicians haven't got the balls to do what is needed.

It is all just posturing and rhetoric.

I don't suppose one of the MODS could send out a V.I.P. Welcome to ARRSE Invitation to ahem...Mr Dan O'Mahoney to join up and take the information for free.

If only.

Latest Threads