The UK/European migrant problem

Operation Sovereign Borders. It's not that hard if there is a political will. Boris needs to grow a pair and tell Pritti to start shitting or get off the pot. I'm sure Tony Abbott could be persuaded to return to the country of his birth as an advisor to give the conservatives a bit of backbone.

View attachment 495645
If only it were possible for copies of this to be seen by someone with the cahunas in the UK Government to actually implement it. It needs a joined up approach but even if it were possible, I fear that certain articles of the European Rights Act would be used to scupper it. Sadly.

Which laws would the UK be in breach of? International?

How come the Arab nations have taken the square root of SFA but they don't get called out for it legally?

How come the Arab nations have taken the square root of SFA but they don't get called out for it legally?
Because they know they'll ignore any ruling anyway - what are you going to do, invade and enforce? Pointless.

We believe in fair play and the rule of law - great if everyone else obeys the same - no one else does.

The French could stop the boats using their own laws of navigation:

"In French waters, a boat licence is necessary to be able to operate a boat when the power of the motor or motors exceeds 4.5 kilowatts or 6 horsepower. There are three different licences:

• Carte Mer - daytime coastal sailing, 6 to 50 HP;
  • Permis Mer Côtier - nighttime sailing, further offshore, over 50 HP;
  • Permis Mer Hauturier - high seas, all forms of boating.
I put it to the committee how many of these people hold the correct licences to navigate in French waters. So, as soon as the dinghies are afloat the French authorities do have the right of arrest. Problem solved.

The French could stop the boats using their own laws of navigation:

"In French waters, a boat licence is necessary to be able to operate a boat when the power of the motor or motors exceeds 4.5 kilowatts or 6 horsepower. There are three different licences:

• Carte Mer - daytime coastal sailing, 6 to 50 HP;
  • Permis Mer Côtier - nighttime sailing, further offshore, over 50 HP;
  • Permis Mer Hauturier - high seas, all forms of boating.
I put it to the committee how many of these people hold the correct licences to navigate in French waters. So, as soon as the dinghies are afloat the French authorities do have the right of arrest. Problem solved.
Don’t forget the boat’s ‘Homologation’, ie the number of pax it is licensed to carry. Exceed that and you’re illegal.
Oh, then there’s mandatory safety equipment, and so on.
So yes, the French have more than sufficient maritime laws to stop, arrest and seize in their own waters.
No need, at all, to invoke international maritime law.
I find it ‘strange’ that we’re not hearing anything about this aspect from the oh-so-learned commentators in the media.

Time to trot this one out again from the Kuwaitis

If they aren't taking in fellow Arabs then former sub-Saharan residents have even less of a chance.
To be balanced though, the Saudis have taken in a large number of Syrians and Yemenis.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
So yes, the French have more than sufficient maritime laws to stop, arrest and seize in their own waters.
Which again points to corrupt civil servants on our side.

If @RumRationReject can research this then those sources within the CS who wibble about international law are almost certainly in the back pocket of the people smugglers.

In_Twists

Old-Salt
Time to trot this one out again from the Kuwaitis

If they aren't taking in fellow Arabs then former sub-Saharan residents have even less of a chance.
To be balanced though, the Saudis have taken in a large number of Syrians and Yemenis.
And so they should, theyre closer. Countries closer to these problem areas should expect to get a massive hit and to take what they can, and the flow of people should get less and less as the stream of humanity travels outwards. Ergo, by the time the stream reaches UK, the majority of people should have already been received by host nations.
In WW2 refugees fled to the next country, stopped, then upped sticks when that got dodgy and on again, they didnt go "Brighton or bust"!

Oh dear, oh dear, we now have an ex Royal Marine according to the depress who will liaise with the French and is in charge of a task force re the current boating mania. I dare say there are some who know him and he's
probably quite a good chap, but how exactly is he going to stop The French from ignoring the rules.

Similarly engaging the RN will have limitations in application. It is however with some glee that I note that the RN will be involved as of course HM customs derived from them in the first place. But perhaps my position that the defence of the shores is ultimately a matter for the MOD- not the HO- will be listened to. All the ribs used could be used to augment naval/BF matters and not sold off , those unusable to be destroyed. But it really does need to impressed on the French that those "rescued" will be returning and any rebuff would be seen as a highly anti social action and my be subject to reprisals in the future. Moreover they should be reminded of their adherence to a Brussels regime that is a failure.

Seems like a criminal conspiracy to me.

A few civil servants bribed and you end with with a huge industry housing, giving legal aid to and teaching them how to claim maximum benefits etc.

Fire and prosecute those responsible in official positions.
Lord knows how many have been raped, robbed or murdered by illegals.

Come to think of it who is responsible for this? Hopefully shared across several departments if they all deny responsibility....
What he said . . . . :( !!

Oh dear, oh dear, we now have an ex Royal Marine according to the depress who will liaise with the French and is in charge of a task force re the current boating mania. I dare say there are some who know him and he's
probably quite a good chap, but how exactly is he going to stop The French from ignoring the rules.

Similarly engaging the RN will have limitations in application. It is however with some glee that I note that the RN will be involved as of course HM customs derived from them in the first place. But perhaps my position that the defence of the shores is ultimately a matter for the MOD- not the HO- will be listened to. All the ribs used could be used to augment naval/BF matters and not sold off , those unusable to be destroyed. But it really does need to impressed on the French that those "rescued" will be returning and any rebuff would be seen as a highly anti social action and my be subject to reprisals in the future. Moreover they should be reminded of their adherence to a Brussels regime that is a failure.
There won't be any deterring, before anyone can say 'get off my water' the RN will be engaged in pulling them out of the sea and delivering them to Blighty.

Which again points to corrupt civil servants on our side.

If @RumRationReject can research this then those sources within the CS who wibble about international law are almost certainly in the back pocket of the people smugglers.
‘Corrupt’ may be a bit harsh - until proven otherwise.
At this stage, I would prefer to replace ‘corrupt’ with ‘ ignorant’.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
‘Corrupt’ may be a bit harsh - until proven otherwise.
At this stage, I would prefer to replace ‘corrupt’ with ‘ ignorant’.
I disagree.

They are paid, and it is their duty, to protect the UK. To enhance our security.

That they do the exact opposite is clearly and definitionally corrupt.

Meanwhile you can't ignore the amounts of money involved. It would be truly naive to think that these people don't either directly or indirectly pocket some of it in order to look the other way and facilitate.

Hell even if they don't actually take large bribes themselves the amounts they are costing the UK taxpayer must be immense. Which is still corrupt.

Some seem to be proud of their corruption, and wear it as a badge of honour.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
I used ‘ignorant’ in the sense of ‘unaware of’.
I could show you posts from this forum, if I could remember the thread, from someone who claims to have had some power over these areas. He or she certainly wasn't ignorant of the facts, and can't be ignorant of their duty.

I might venture as far as indoctrinated and stupid, rather than ignorant.

But that is still corrupt.

Blogg

LE
Don’t forget the boat’s ‘Homologation’, ie the number of pax it is licensed to carry. Exceed that and you’re illegal.
Oh, then there’s mandatory safety equipment, and so on.
I find it ‘strange’ that we’re not hearing anything about this aspect from the oh-so-learned commentators in the media.
Not to mention proving ownership

For some strange reason this is not popping up in national MSM..

Last edited:
I could show you posts from this forum, if I could remember the thread, from someone who claims to have had some power over these areas. He or she certainly wasn't ignorant of the facts, and can't be ignorant of their duty.

I might venture as far as indoctrinated and stupid, rather than ignorant.

But that is still corrupt.
Ok. I’ll take that.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
Picked up earlier on one of the news outlets, that these teachers and engineers are not so much making their way en masse to the North African coast, but rather, the people traffickers are going shopping for them much further south.
In other words, much worse than I thought.

Why the hell are government won’t take much harder line, I really have no idea.
It will probably cost them power.
It should cost them power.

Where are the Government on this?

What are the Cabinet doing?

Why is the most popular legislation passed in a generation not even being spoken about?

Latest Threads