The UK/European migrant problem

Picked up earlier on one of the news outlets, that these teachers and engineers are not so much making their way en masse to the North African coast, but rather, the people traffickers are going shopping for them much further south.
In other words, much worse than I thought.

Why the hell are government won’t take much harder line, I really have no idea.
It will probably cost them power.

Immigration questions.

How many Yazidis did we save from attempted genocide? (Not enough).
How many iphone toting, face shielding IS fanatics did we allow in? (One was too many).
How many convicted violent criminals were we allegedly compelled to allow in? (One was too many).
Can archbishops tell the difference?

Hypothetical question.

Freedom of speech, thought and belief are under assault. These are things that were highly valued by others who fled here for freedom from persecution, torture and murder. If the UK or an SNP Scotland for that matter, were to become hostile to your freedoms, where would you consider fleeing to for asylum?

I accept the some of the answers may be quite ironic given recent history (Say within the last 150 years?)
A very good point.
I cannot work out by the poor Yazidis did not attract the attention of the handwringing types here.

...Why the hell are government won’t take much harder line, I really have no idea.
It will probably cost them power.
To be replaced by?

I have a feeling Mr Farage may have to come out of retirement AGAIN to bump the govt into getting their collective finger out and doing their job. Will the British public give the current govt yet another chance to get it right, or will the mood be for the conservatives to just get out of the way and let Nigel clean up their mess?

Sorry looking bunch, probably fully paid up to CND, Extinction, local Hunt Sabs, Badger watch, militant vegi's, numerous uman wights groups and any Saturday rent a mob you can find.
Brutal Attack, WhiteLaw and No Remorse must be shitting themselves at the thought of these lot turning up to oppose one of their gigs.

syrup

LE
Posted earlier was the fact that 4,000 crossed their own personal Red Sea on 300 boats (this year so far) to their Chosen Land with only 155 currently returned.
When it is 3,845 returned and 155 allowed to stay they may then stop paying up to €15,000 a go, and they may even get that very same message.
Until that happens, then get used to the idea that there is a whole industry in the UK dedicated to bringing them over, housing them and tailoring their particular story to the current tale of woe to the current country of woe.
Some allegedly professional people are on very serious money once their clients are within the UK and availing themselves of legal services.
The UK is a stronger magnet to them than France, and they are not coming over to play cricket.
First thing I would do is take all mobile devices from the illegal immigrants.
That way they don't send pictures back showing them getting taken to a nice hotel and relaxing by the pool.
They simply disappear of the face of the earth until they arrive back in Europe.
No lawyers nothing there is nothing in France that they need to flee from.

Awol

LE
To be replaced by?

I have a feeling Mr Farage may have to come out of retirement AGAIN to bump the govt into getting their collective finger out and doing their job. Will the British public give the current govt yet another chance to get it right, or will the mood be for the conservatives to just get out of the way and let Nigel clean up their mess?
Why should we give the government a second chance? Priti’s talk of ‘legislative barriers’ is deflective nonsense. The government has an enormous majority and can amend/introduce any law it wants to. Once it’s law, then there can also be no legal challenge to thwart the government’s plans.

Why are they not doing anything substantive? Because they don’t want to, and that is up to them, but be assured, they won’t get a second term unless they do.

What other choice do we have in Government? Labour?

They would be sending ferries to France to pick them up en masse.

ROMFT

Old-Salt
Wouldn't be so bad if they were coming to replace all the Eastern European saison workers that the UK says it doesn't want/need anymore.
But personnel experience with this type of immigrants tells me that there is little chance of getting the majority of them into the fields/kitchens/cleaning jobs to get their hands dirty.
At least not the majority of the men, they might however send their women out to find some sh@tty job or other.

Well, the longer govt dithers over this, the more they piss off the average voter, many of whom voted against their usual stance in these matters in order to achieve a goal.

I'm not sure relying on a dodgy opposition acting the mong in order that they can be seen as the better choice is a good strategy. A halfway credible alternative will have a lot of people jumping ship, having been let down too many times by those to whom they've entrusted their sanction.

A very good point.
I cannot work out by the poor Yazidis did not attract the attention of the handwringing types here.
They don't hate us enough to get the attention of the woke massive

Couple of 4 engined turboprops just turned left and headed up towards Kent.
Nothing showing on flightracker

Latest Threads