The UK/European migrant problem

ACAB

On ROPS
On ROPs
The fact remains, it is not and never has been a UK problem. The sooner the perfidious French get a grip and our politicians grow some balls, the sooner this farce will end.

As for 'poor refugees' I visited the original 'jungle' on a number of occasions. It was akin to walking around a maximum security prison minus the prison officers.

You really wouldn't want them living next door to you.

Err before one starts, what is the moderation going to be like? Pointing out in CA that a moderator soils themselves at the sight of a DM link with shock seemed not to be appreciated.

Err before one starts, what is the moderation going to be like? Pointing out in CA that a moderator soils themselves at the sight of a DM link with shock seemed not to be appreciated.
Its the serious section of the site so no posts that can taken as trolling, no name calling and id imagine stick to facts more than opinion ?

Its not the NAAFI, but drop one particular mod and the atmosphere lightens up a lot. So Int Cell standards, no utter cobblers and stay on topic and let's keep it civil. Humour is welcome as far as I am aware.

ACAB

On ROPS
On ROPs
You can post from the Mail in the Int Cell. It's in the stickies.

The fact remains, it is not and never has been a UK problem. The sooner the perfidious French get a grip and our politicians grow some balls, the sooner this farce will end.

As for 'poor refugees' I visited the original 'jungle' on a number of occasions. It was akin to walking around a maximum security prison minus the prison officers.

You really wouldn't want them living.
Possibly a tad harsh, but probably somewhat accurate.

Continuation thread of the now mumsnet version still available in CA for those that like that sort of thing. As with the original we start in Calais, with equally futile measures.

Work begins on 'The Great Wall Of Calais'
Good call re the thread move and well done mate. The previous cell cost me ROPS and a site ban for 2 weeks (I suspect but will never know as ROPS points seem arbitrarily applied and a bit random)

As long as BB stays out, it should run along smoothly....Well, as smoothly as it can be on Arrse.

Tks for the clarification/confirmation. One active CA mod seems to be a tad over-zealous on certain pet subjects. Mods can do a difficult job but like parking wardens some relish the 'power' adversely.

The link from my original thread has been deleted by virus and he's thread banned me from my original thread so feel free to signpost people here :

Much as politically the French can be annoying at time they're not really the cause of our problems. The Jungle is a symptom of the problem not the cause

Think about why do economic migrants want to travel the length of Europe to arrive at the UK, between having a strong economy where there is genuine equality of opportunity...ie anyone can make it here having the right talent and a generous benefits system we are a magnet

Add in a border force that has been politicised on the orders of the Home Office and thus successive governments, and we have a situation where out government has been saying it wants to be tough on immigration whilst really wanting to encourage it to provide cheap workers for corporations

Add in when the Labour Party was in power, and they saw mass immigration as a quick path to swamping the country with people they assumed would vote Labour (a bit racist really...) and an ideological desire to rub our faces in diversity

The answer is to genuinely control immigration based on skills that we have a genuine need for (So no more onshoring or offshoring via Intra Company Transfers...yes I'm looking at you BT Mahindra, TCS, WIPRO etc), i.e the points based immigation system in use in countries like Australia

You really wouldn't want them living next door to you.
I do think you're wrong on it not being a UK problem. If our Froggie chums stopped patrolling the area (your bit about the perfidious French doing something doesn't quite ring true as they have cleared the site several times, stuck loads on planes and booted them out but they keep coming back and the world's press jumps on their backs for doing it) then they would simply have a free passage across the water and run amok. Yes, I know they are doing that now but without the French police there it would get even more out of control than it is now.
Talking about our politicians growing balls, the Mrs Balls (Yvette Cooper) was on the news the other day saying we should take more of them and allow them into UK. Apparently the Brits are the nasty ones for not taking any more and for confusing "economic" migrants with genuine "asylum" migrant.
My question would be, how the bloody hell can you tell the difference when they all claim to be displace refugees from Somalia or Syria when it is quite obvious many are from so-called safe countries like Pakistan and Turkey.
France has already been accused of breaking international law by deporting loads of them and are facing those do-goody international courts for doing so.

The real crisis will be in @ 5 years time when the bitterness and resentment at finding out the streets of Europe are not paved with Gold and they are not wanted in an increasingly right wing and nationalist Europe really strikes home.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Much as politically the French can be annoying at time they're not really the cause of our problems. The Jungle is a symptom of the problem not the cause

Think about why do economic migrants want to travel the length of Europe to arrive at the UK, between having a strong economy where there is genuine equality of opportunity...ie anyone can make it here having the right talent and a generous benefits system we are a magnet

Add in a border force that has been politicised on the orders of the Home Office and thus successive governments, and we have a situation where out government has been saying it wants to be tough on immigration whilst really wanting to encourage it to provide cheap workers for corporations

Add in when the Labour Party was in power, and they saw mass immigration as a quick path to swamping the country with people they assumed would vote Labour (a bit racist really...) and an ideological desire to rub our faces in diversity

The answer is to genuinely control immigration based on skills that we have a genuine need for (So no more onshoring or offshoring via Intra Company Transfers...yes I'm looking at you BT Mahindra, TCS, WIPRO etc), i.e the points based immigation system in use in countries like Australia
While I agree up to a point with your contention that the French are to blame, they are just doing what all other countries have done - pass up the line, get rid of the problem to someone else.

The only thing helping the UK is The Channel.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I do think you're wrong on it not being a UK problem. If our Froggie chums stopped patrolling the area (your bit about the perfidious French doing something doesn't quite ring true as they have cleared the site several times, stuck loads on planes and booted them out but they keep coming back and the world's press jumps on their backs for doing it) then they would simply have a free passage across the water and run amok. Yes, I know they are doing that now but without the French police there it would get even more out of control than it is now.
Talking about our politicians growing balls, the Mrs Balls (Yvette Cooper) was on the news the other day saying we should take more of them and allow them into UK. Apparently the Brits are the nasty ones for not taking any more and for confusing "economic" migrants with genuine "asylum" migrant.
My question would be, how the bloody hell can you tell the difference when they all claim to be displace refugees from Somalia or Syria when it is quite obvious many are from so-called safe countries like Pakistan and Turkey.
France has already been accused of breaking international law by deporting loads of them and are facing those do-goody international courts for doing so.
The French shouldn't have let them get to Calais in the first place and neither should the other countries they've marched through. A documentary I watched countries provided free bus and train transport in our direction - cheers foreigners, we decided we don't like being in the EU anymore.

The French shouldn't have let them get to Calais in the first place and neither should the other countries they've marched through. A documentary I watched countries provided free bus and train transport in our direction - cheers foreigners, we decided we don't like being in the EU anymore.

Seen it in action with mine own eyes.
Heading for England? platform 8 and a free ticket Mr Doctor.