The Ugly Wives Club

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by SteveWestKent, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I am an ex Royal Signals Clerk me, those who joined after 1994 wouldnt have heard of us and just got used to the AGC - but we were a great bunch stuck in the orderly rooms providing an efficient admin service. We liked beer and girls as much as the rest and because I was, and indeed am quite good looking used to do very well thank you.

Anyway - one thread I think needs covering, no actually two while I'm here is, notwithstanding the no names policy here are the memories of not the gorgeous wives and girlfriends but the mingers - the ones that got bought into RHQ for their ID and were laughed out of the building - you know the sorts - either so fat (but ironically adorned in sports clothing) that they sweated Ginsters or just so damn ugly that just one thought of them during a Gentlemans joust would cause a "back to the start"....

So can anyone recall any THW (Truly Hideous Wives) anecdotes?

Secondly - having served at 8 Bde in Ebrington and sharing with a Regiment of Infantry Gentleman and thus sharing guards can anyone remember the funniest sanga graffiti left by us by way of teasing the grunts. I recall one presumably disgruntled Infantry fella getting fed up with it all and writing "Were all soldierz (sic) - wots the difference between you and me" - to which I wrote - "About £250 a week and 10 years you old C**t" - I still laugh at that today.

Although not as much as the time I was caught thrapping in Bde HQ by the Brigadier.

Steve