The UDR... unsung Heros

Anybody during their time in NI will have, at one point, come across the UDR either part time or full time.
My memories of these men and women are very fond and I hold them in high regard.
Living in their own homes and subject to IRA murders on a daily basis, but nevertheless carried out their duties without question .

simroy

Old-Salt
Yes, heroes one and all. They even managed to take out a few boyos from the E Tyrone PIRA in Cappagh 1991. RIP Baldy, you had no hair and then you had no head.

Yes remember it well. East Tyrone PIRA got spanked on a number of occasions during that tour in Coalisland, Coagh, Cappagh and other places, good old Brian Arthurs was not a happy chap.

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
Good lads as I remember: 11 bns at its peak.

Amalgamated with the Royal Irish Rangers in 92 and now is the Royal Irish Regiment consisting of 2 bns 1reg 1 Ar

I wonder if they struggle with recruitment.

Bet that became a nuisance. Being murdered once is enough for most.

Still, at least they weren't living in other peoples' homes.

You utter fucktard, your attempt at being mildly amusing is pathetic.
You should be locked in a room full of homosexual Albanian pikeys wanking in your general direction, the end result being that you look like a plasterers radio.
You cnut

Yes remember it well. East Tyrone PIRA got spanked on a number of occasions during that tour in Coalisland, Coagh, Cappagh and other places, good old Brian Arthurs was not a happy chap.

They got a bit of a malleting the year after too, when 3PARA arrived.

You should be locked in a room full of homosexual Albanian pikeys wanking in your general direction, the end result being that you look like a plasterers radio.
You cnut
Calm down.

As someone who started in the London Irish and actually visited Belfast in uniform, I found it really funny.

Takes all sorts, I suppose. To be sure, the RIR (V) had a wicked sense of humour and knew what might happen.

Remind us what uniform you wore please?

Calm down.

As someone who started in the London Irish and actually visited Belfast in uniform, I found it really funny.

Takes all sorts, I suppose. To be sure, the RIR (V) had a wicked sense of humour and knew what might happen.

Remind us what uniform you wore please?

I had the privilege to serve with 11 UDR in Portadown for just over a year.

You cnut

erm...YOU started this thread in the Naafi...

Rodney2q

You cnut

Perhaps you should change your avatar to something more appropriate.

image.jpg

Hexi Block

Old-Salt
Daily murders? Wouldn't that mean roughly 13,000 dead Royal Irish?

197 on active service and 61 after they'd left. So call it
258 Between 1 April 1970 and 30 June 1992 . That is 266 months

Thats just under 1 death every month.

A rather self gratifying post, now that it transpires the O.P. served a year in 11UDR.

What would the response be, if someone said it was an anti catholic establishment. Manned by Protestants able to get their hands on legal firearms and training for the sole purpose of improving their terrorist group activities.

As I have said. I have the utmost respect for the UDR. I don't like it when some nig struts around the bar telling everybody how good his unit is though and then taking offence when he gets a friendly ribbing. So let me buy you a drink and show you to the door.

Frank Serpico

Old-Salt
What would the response be, if someone said it was an anti catholic establishment. Manned by Protestants able to get their hands on legal firearms and training for the sole purpose of improving their terrorist group activities.

Well it was, wasn't it.

The glenanne gang .

Hexi Block

Old-Salt

Latest Threads