The Twins

The Twins

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is an interesting book, covering the story of two of the lesser-known SOE activists in France during the Second World War. The Newton Brothers made their living as music hall entertainers, the Boorn Brothers, across Europe and the USA. Both married, they lived with their parents, wives, and children in France.

In 1941, already running a network of saboteurs and safe houses for downed pilots, they made arrangements to send their parents, wives and children to safety in England whilst...

Click here to read the full review.....

Is anyone else disappointed that this didn't turn out to be a self-taken-photos kind of a thread?

Whining Civvy

LE
Book Reviewer
Pervert.

I was too.

slick

LE
This is an interesting book, covering the story of two of the lesser-known SOE activists in France during the Second World War. The Newton Brothers made their living as music hall entertainers, the Boorn Brothers, across Europe and the USA. Both married, they lived with their parents, wives, and children in France.

In 1941, already running a network of saboteurs and safe houses for downed pilots, they made arrangements to send their parents, wives and children to safety in England whilst...

Thank you, I find the French side of WW2 quite interesting if quite complex. Another good couple of books for anyone interested in that side of things are "The next moon" by Andre Hue, and "Occupation" by Ian Ousby.

And I must admit that the title of the thread made me think of this scene from "There`s something about Mary".... "Hey Tracy, how are the twins"

Beaten to it by @bedended :- The Krays.

I thought it might be the remarkable survival story of the remaining McCann children.

Latest Threads