The TV licence and YOU!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by SKJOLD, Jun 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the official line from the TV licence people:

If you use or install television receiving equipment to receive or record television programme services you are required by law to have a valid TV Licence.

Plugs included I guess :wink:

2. But not for computer equipment, including laptops, unless they have been modified (i.e: have a TV tune card included). In fact, you can't purchase a new TV card from a computer shop unless you supply your name and address. If you purchase second hand, then just becareful when the detector van comes around. Without a TV card, your computer screen is classed as a VDU/moniter/TFT, and not a TV.

3. Thanks, chaps

I have tried to explain this to the numpty on the TV Licensing thread too. Never mind - perhaps he'll get it now.

Perhaps not. :roll:

4. as found on www.tvlicensing.biz
    If you receive programme services, live via the internet, for example, BBC On-line [Newsnight is one such broadcast], then you need to buy a TV Licence.

If you receive programme services, live via the internet, broadcasted from outside the UK, then you do NOT need to buy a TV Licence.

If you are using the internet to browse archived programme services websites, then you do NOT need to buy a TV Licence.

Its all about interpretation :? . Be good chaps and chapettes and buy a TV licence or Put your TV in your mates room who has been good enough to buy a TV licence.

Im of too drink some mucky beer.

5. I think you need to go and get a fcuking life mate. Why the worry over whether or not your PC can get the BBC or TV over the internet or indeed through a TV tuning card ?? Lordy !! Are you a BBC revenue collector or a fcuking train spotter?!?

6. On another thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/html/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7147&sid=0f40f6f02384696bc40ee0d33e5c6546 SKJOLD wrote

Sounds great. Why concern yourself with the BBC's licence to watch pish!? Ski, drink expensive beer, trap ubertotty, walk in the mountains.

You are in N.O.R.W.A.Y! :roll:

Lucky ba5tard.