The Truth Seeps Out Of Syria

Discussion in 'Syria, Mali, Libya, Middle East & North Africa' started by Rednose, Jul 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You mean the rebels aren't chivalrous, whiter-than-white, angelic pacifists?

Well I never.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Let's face it you wouldn't want either side as neighbours.
  3. The news channel Russia Today has been saying as much for quite a while now. It has highlighted the extortion and kidnapping rackets being run for profit by the anti-government groups in towns like Aleppo. There has also been claims that at least some of the massacres by government troops have in fact been carried out by the rebels to turn international opinion against Assad and the government.

As usual the BBC only give the "official" story ie what pleases it political masters and its trendy wendy Guardianista bosses.

Another example being the dairy farmer's protests in the UK. Has any UK news channel even mentioned that similar protests have been taking place throughout the EU, with major demos and protests in Brussels and Strasbourg? I doubt it.

Add in the shite about the Olympics etc and we have a modern version of panem et circenses...

Tin foil hat off...and breathe...

• Like Like x 1
  4. No. But you will be getting them.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I guess the question is "Would they?"

Attached Files:

6. I understand Assads theme tune is now the Morecombe and Wise tune "Bring me sunshine" , the Israelis are very likely to oblige some time soon
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

There was a piece in the ST a couple of weeks back. An interview with an Alawite Mafia type who had been called up to follow the Syrian army for a spot of raping, looting and cleansing. Not many adherents of Mahatma Gandhi in this one. Like Rebel without said - you wouldn't want either side to move in next door.

I trust the BBC and I trust RT, but both have an agenda. And it comes as no surprise to find Peter Hitchens steaming in on the side of Assad - theres a man with an agenda.

BTW... Syria - Champress / Russia - TASS. Same-same.
  8. Ex-Norf London dentist,gets a 'shoo-in' as President for life,in Syria,and shit happens..................Quelle Suprise!

Fair elections,that aren't,Ba'ath party in power,and it's their football............c'mon it's not rocket science! :meditate:
  9. Both the BBC and RT peddle almost laughably one sided views IMO. No shades of grey with either news agency, I'm surprised you trust either of those reputable non government institutions?
  10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I did say they both have an agenda, as does all MSM. I also 'trust' Al Jazeera. For laughably one sided I'd pick Champress, TASS, Fars etc. I'd read the lot and come to my own balanced view (although I too usually have an agenda).
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

dentist! which one is that then?

as the russians in their fleeet are going there then maybe they should despose him and oversee free elections, it would be a new experience for them rather than their usual way of dealing with islamic states.
  12. Nice targeting map. A non-persistent agent over all the land there (less Cyprus) would solve a lot of the world's problems.
  13. Both sides have more than their share of paid-up murdering bastards.
    At the moment, one faction has a monopoly on CBRN, artillery, and airstrikes (at the moment).
    Hence, their body count is higher, and they get the bad press.
    When (not if) Assad loses, and the 'democratic' (ie 70% of the population that are Sunni) decide to exercise their mandate to ethnically cleanse the Alawites who have been ruling them for the past fifty years- Well, that's when Peter Hitchens will start supporting the Sunnis.