The truth hurts

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by no1cares, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

I know they'll be alot of people who disagree with this but I expect that. Englands World Cup efforts, or lack of, confirm that the premiership is by no means the best league in the world.

I also expect the usual buffoons to reply to this with the same old boring drivel.

Eg. No one cares, no1cares.
    2001/2: 35,464
    2002/3: 34,984
    2003/4: 33,894
    2004/5: 33,875
    2005/6: 34,084

Hardly as bad as it seems. Yet it is right, i guess, what he says about managers playing too defensive because they can't risk being relegated so the game gets boring.

This quote made me laugh too...

So average attendances are up for 9 of the 20 teams then? :lol:
  3. The problem is that theres not enough indigenous UK talent, footballing or coaching wise, hence all the foreigners.

The Premiership is all defence and attack, sure its entertaining and exciting but when players have so little time on the ball they dont learn how to keep possession for example. I wouldnt call it the best league in the world, one of the best yes but I still think Spain and Italy are superior. Over there the game's slower, skill and flair is appreciated more and I just think they produce superior footballers.

Thats subsequently reflected in the national teams. Im sure people dont need reminding how woeful England were this past summer when yet again all these supposedly world-class English players failed to deliver when it mattered. On the other hand Spain and Italy played far superior football.

I think youth systems need to be restructured and more English/British players need to be playing in Spain and Italy.

My tuppence worth!
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Wenger has always said he would play more home grown players, if he could find some who were any good.
  5. Thats right Venty,and Spain have hardly set the world alight with their style of footie.Italy will always have flair players and will always do well in competitions,but the scandal that is still ongoing hardly gives credence to their league being better than ours.Our teams are reaching far more European semi-finals and Finals than they ever have,not down to English talent I know but it shows how good our top teams are compared with the European opposition.The prem attracts quality because it is a quality league,be it coach's,managers or players,it's what makes it what it is.

Germany has more foreign players playing in the Bundesliga than we have in our league,yet their national team are still one of the favourites in all competitions,our national team are mediocre at best,bloody awful at worst.The country/media puts far to much expectation on it and knocks it when it fails to deliver.Having the best league in the world makes up for the failings of the national side.
  6. Spot on Easy, couldnt have said it better myself - apart from adding that watching Italian football is akin to watching QVC, something may take your fancy but everything else is dull tat
  7. Watch it now and a blue moon on Bravo,but everytime the ref blows his whistle you wonder how much he's making.Hope it never rears its ugly head here,bungs I know have but the playing side is still spotless.

No1cares might be Gordon Strachan's mum
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Face facts, England are $hite and will be for the forseeable future.