The truth at last.

Just found out that the word para means abnormal in greek. Just thought I'd share.:viking:

Well done.

Tell your school friends about it on Monday!

para- a prefix widely used in various compound words (para-olympic, para-medic, para-gliding etc.) which can signify alternately: "alongside, altered, beyond, contrary," originating from the Greek preposition para that means: "beside, next to, near, from," and also, "against, contrary to," similar with Sanskrit para "beyond;" Latin pro "before, for, in favor of," per- "through;" and Gothic faur "along."

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My wife has a small tattoo of a Chinese character on her back from her days of getting stoned on beaches in Goa.

It's supposed to say 'mysterious' but as her half Chinese mate explained, it's all in context. In most circumstances it actually means 'Strange,' 'Abnormal,' 'different' or even 'queer.'

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

My wife has a small tattoo of a Chinese character on her back from her days of getting stoned on beaches in Goa.
I met a Goth student once who had a tattoo on the nape of her neck which she insisted was the character for 'mysterious in a supernatural way', i.e. witchy. True enough, it did - but it was also slang for 'transsexual'.

G

goatrutar

Well, my erudite, Mandarin speaking fellow ARRSEr, you’re ability to use human anatomical nomenclature as adjective, noun and verb throughout your posts is truly amazing.
I'm assuming pumpernickel is French for "cunt like a stomped on lasagne".

All hail Emperor Mong

Paper Tiger? Sounds familiar. Have you been duped by any more fat four-eyed twats pretending to be an army doctor?

Well, my erudite, Mandarin speaking fellow ARRSEr, you’re ability to use human anatomical nomenclature as adjective, noun and verb throughout your posts is truly amazing.
As is your freestyle use of apostrophes ;-)