The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Any more defeats at home and I'm going to turn into Gouty and start having a good old moan about Herr Klopp.
Whose next at Anfield? I’ll pop over and give you a few pointers.;)

Fifteen points given away at home.

That's relegation form and managers have been sacked for less than that.

If we go out of the Champions League and don't finish in the top four, I expect Klopp will walk along with Salah.

A man who won the league for us (and the European Cup) in 2 seasons has a lot more time than sacking clubs such as Chelsea.

Give him a season like this with no major injuries before the pitchforks and torches come out :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
We could be 20 out of 20 and we couldn’t moan as much as the so called supporters on that thread.

Class is permanent ^~
At least Klipperty has proved himself a winner, I’ve got reason to moan.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
A man who won the league for us (and the European Cup) in 2 seasons has a lot more time than sacking clubs such as Chelsea.

Give him a season like this with no major injuries before the pitchforks and torches come out :)

I agree. Lose Klopp and it'll take years to find anyone of similar calibre, let alone to get morale out of the basement.

Strangely, the only sports team I can think of which fell from grace this quickly was the England Rugby team after the 2003 world cup and for a similar reason; the core of the team was no longer there (though due to retirement).

Until the injuries clear up and the crowds return this is Twilight Zone football and hopefully no-one at Anfield is going to make any rash decisions because of it.

It's not often that I enjoy missing a game because of a conference call though... =-D

I am not looking forward to Leipzig game one bit.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I am not looking forward to Leipzig game one bit.
I am. Anything can happen should be a good match, will Liverpool defend their lead or try and improve it? They do say attack is the best form of defence it should be entertaining thats for sure.

If I was FSG's owners. I would tell Jurgen, ' Your job is safe,stay as long as you want.'

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Well, I think we can agree that Anfield was a rather different proposition with supporters :)

Jurgen still one of the best managers on the planet, and a smashing bloke to boot. He's transformed our fortunes in the last five years, and deserves nothing but respect and patience. Yep, he should have bought another CB in the summer or kept Lovren (bet you never thought we'd be fondly wishing for his occasional rushes of blood to the head) - but we don't know how much that decision was Jurgen, and how much FSG / lack of money. Ditto the January transfer window and not acting earlier; January killed us.

One tactical tweak I would like to see us make is to drop the high defensive line a few yards back. VVD and Gomez are proper rapid and could make up ground with pace. Their replacements cannot, and every other team has figured out we are now vulnerable to "route 1" football.

Due to our CB shortages and Fabinho / Hendo having dropped back, I feel that Thiago was playing in games where he might otherwise have been on the bench. He has great passing vision for unlocking stubborn defences, but is far less capable at pressing, tackling and covering for the wing backs. So TAA and Robbo are far less effective this season.

Anyway.

Jurgen remains an amazing leader and we're just having a difficult season. The foundations, ethos and culture are all there. Form and injuries are temporary; Jurgen and the players will come good in the end, although I am suspecting that will come next season rather than this one.

I have a theory that Jurgen desperately wants the complete set of trophies, and has never yet won the Europa League. That's why we're aiming for 7th place - you watch him go for it next season :D

That's an interesting line up!

Liverpool: Alisson, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Phillips, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Jota

Subs: Fabinho, Thiago, Mane, Adrian, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Origi, Alexander-Arnold

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That's an interesting line up!

Liverpool: Alisson, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Phillips, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaqiri, Salah, Jota

E dice
Subs: Fabinho, Thiago, Mane, Adrian, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Tsimikas, Origi, Alexander-Arnold
He’s rolling the dice and hoping.

Stevie G has just won his first managerial silverware. Nice one.

He’s rolling the dice and hoping.
You are right they can't do any worse. We can't win the league so he may as well experiment. Plus we are playing against RBL Leipzig on Tuesday...

Well played Fulham, they deserved that.

But...Salah shouldn't have been in that position anyway. He is not a defender.

Liverpool are really struggling with any ball over the top.

I don’t think either of the Williams are good enough for Liverpool.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Big match midweek, so he’s resting your star players.
Any how, it appears Liverpool have stepped it up a bit in the second half and Fulham are already starting to defend deep, you might get something out of this game after all.

Big match midweek, so he’s resting your star players.
Any how, it appears Liverpool have stepped it up a bit in the second half and Fulham are already starting to defend deep, you might get something out of this game after all.

I sincerely hope not!!

Latest Threads