The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

How did 5 defenders not see what Mason Mount was going to do with that ball. I noticed at least two of them rooted to the spot with their hands behind their backs, too scared in case the ball hit their arm and gave away a penalty.

You can't play football like that.

Very, very poor defending by TAA for that goal, he had to double up with Fabinho, Mount was allowed to run 10 yards across the box before picking his spot.

They are sucking us in to their goalie, then pulling us wide giving themselves the freedom in the middle to pick their passes over the top. We are standing in a p*ssed line by the half way line letting them.

If we keep this down to a 3 goal margin defeat we will be lucky

Very, very poor defending by TAA for that goal, he had to double up with Fabinho, Mount was allowed to run 10 yards across the box before picking his spot.

They are sucking us in to their goalie, then pulling us wide giving themselves the freedom in the middle to pick their passes over the top. We are standing in a p*ssed line by the half way line letting them.

If we keep this down to a 3 goal margin defeat we will be lucky
Agreed.

I think our problem is that we are no longer bossing things in midfield which makes things harder for the front three, and puts more pressure on our defence.

I'm not convinced Thiago is helping our style of play at all.

ETA There isn't a player on the pitch at the moment who is going to win this for us, unless Jurgen makes changes to the system or the personnel at half time.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Well so far this is like watching Man U playing last night.
If we are really pinning all our hopes on Curtis Jones as the player to win this for us we have shit it.

And WTF has happened to TAA and Robertson pinging in crosses from out wide left right and centre.

Tuchel has got Chelsea playing very organised.
It’s amazing what a good experienced coach can do. Chelsea have been a different team since he came in for Lampard.
Before Chelsea scored they could have had two if they had a down and out centre forward.

I think this is going to be a long and painful 45 minutes.

If this turns out to be our 5th home defeat in a row, dare I say it, Jurgen's love affair with the 'boys' could be on the wane.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Salah looking very disgruntled there.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
But then we need to try something different.

TBH I'd have taken Bob off and played 4-3-1-2, maybe a midfield diamond.

But then I'm an engineer.

Well he’s changed things up at least, I thought Sala was playing well, I would have taken Mane.

This reminds me of 10 years ago, when every time we played Chelsea they looked bigger, stronger faster everywhere, men against boys!

Salah looking very disgruntled there.
He deserved to be taken off, as did Curtis Jones.

We're winning the second half 0:0

Well he’s changed things up at least, I thought Sala was playing well, I would have taken Mane.

This reminds me of 10 years ago, when every time we played Chelsea they looked bigger, stronger faster everywhere, men against boys!
I have to disagree. Salah was not influencing the game one bit. Plus when he is having to double up as a midfielder and defender you know something is wrong with the way the team are playing.

He deserved to be taken off, as did Curtis Jones.

We're winning the second half 0:0

Jones did, although the Ox has never returned from that bad injury, Salah was better than Marne and Salah will walk in the summer, he is always the scapegoat.

Tiago for Milner, interesting :)

Any more defeats at home and I'm going to turn into Gouty and start having a good old moan about Herr Klopp.

Another night we we could play until tomorrow and not score. This season is absolute evidence that everything starts from a secure back line.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes, and no.

Forwards are not getting into the box often enough, not willing to gamble on crosses coming in.

We've gone stale and need to change the now predictable 4-3-3 for something else.

Another night we we could play until tomorrow and not score. This season is absolute evidence that everything starts from a secure back line.
Two players to blame for where we are at the moment are Pickford and Richarlison from the Blue Shite. B@#$£rds.

Fifteen points given away at home.

That's relegation form and managers have been sacked for less than that.

If we go out of the Champions League and don't finish in the top four, I expect Klopp will walk along with Salah.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m not gloating but I have to say Klipperty looked quite sad near the end, not pissed off, just genuinely sad.

Yes, and no.

Forwards are not getting into the box often enough, not willing to gamble on crosses coming in.

We've gone stale and need to change the now predictable 4-3-3 for something else.

They can only get on the end of crosses if the full backs have the security of a secure centre back partnership to be there to do it. Pick ant team in the league and take their 3 first choice CB out long term and see where they are.

I’m not gloating but I have to say Klipperty looked quite sad near the end, not pissed off, just genuinely sad.
I'm not surprised. He is having a meeting without coffee with John W Henry and the Fenway Sports Group in the morning.