Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Yeah without the crowd it’s all a bit anemic even on the telly. Bit like a kiss from yer sister.

You guys were unplayable at times last year but I think there is a strain now that wasn’t there. Seems like a few teams are stuttering through games, no crowd and the Covid rush seems to have levelled things a bit. I’m not sure that VVD would really change that but who knows I guess.

TAFKA

Old-Salt
European Cup winning Goal Scorer Tommy Smith you mean?

I vaguely remember a former footballer relating a story about playing against Tommy Smith (I can't remember who).

He was a young, cocky player of no small talent who had been warned he was up against the famous Anfield Iron.

Full of confidence he took the ball up, dropped his shoulder and breezed past Tommy. After he'd passed the ball he turned to him, winked and with a cheesy grin asked 'How did you like that?'

Later in the game he again had the ball with Tommy in front of him - He dropped his shoulder only this time to find himself lying flat on his back with a grizzled face looking down at him. 'How did you f'ing like that?' he was asked.

Sheffield Utd turned over the team that knocked us out of the FA Cup at Old Trafford, 2:1.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...On one hand it's a good result for us, on the other....

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, tonight going as expected.
Spurs closing space down with 10 or 11 behind the ball and trying to hit on the break.

Half time Spurs v LFC.

Perfectly good goal from Son ruled offside by VAR. Yet another travesty imposed by a system that is essentially flawed. Then in the 44th minute you've got Thiago rolling around like a cnut with absolutely no contact whatsoever.

I'm sorry but he has got the wrong attitude as a Liverpool player, don't like him one bit.

Every time I see Eric Dier's name on the teamsheet against us, I say a little
'Thank you' under my breath.
I suspect Bobby does too.

It's almost as if there is a God after all.

Last goal by Salah ruled out because of handball by Firminho according to VAR. The referee went to look at the screen and made the decision it was handball.

How come he didn't see that Dier was fouling Firminho all over at the same time. FFS.

VAR has fcuked the game. Full stop.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Last goal by Salah ruled out because of handball by Firminho according to VAR. The referee went to look at the screen and made the decision it was handball.

How come he didn't see that Dier was fouling Firminho all over at tge same time. FFS.

VAR has fcuked the game. Full stop.
VAR is shit and as you say has totally ruined the game as we knew it. It’s a good job there are no crowds with these delays and stupid decisions players running half the length of the pitch and shooting for goal then the fecking linesman puts his flag up.
Good result for you lot tonight, thought it be a Spurs win or hopefully a draw.

Shown to be offside by VAR, but I suppose you know best.
Of course I do. I've been watching football 30 years before those fcukers manning the VAR cameras were born for fucksake.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Oops he's on....

On the plus side, at least BT Sports have got the fake crowd noise about at least a gazillion times more accurate than Sky Sports FFS...

Latest Threads