Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Klopp was moaning about not getting enough penalties.
Just so happens this one was against him :slow: .
Klopp moaning? Say it ain’t so.....

Well played Burnley. Can't say they deserved to win, but they defended really well, so didn't deserve to lose either.

Now the unbeaten Home record has gone, maybe the pressure to defend that is off.

A win against MUFC in the FA Cup on Sunday could reignite the spark. YNWA...

A 100% run to the end of the season will see us right, also a trip to the nearest brothel is in order I think :)

A 100% run to the end of the season will see us right, also a trip to the nearest brothel is in order I think :)
Have you seen our next six fixtures....

City, Leicester, Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea to name five of them.

There’s always a positive in every situation, in this case it is that fans did not waste money on a ticket to watch that steaming pile of poo masquerading as a football match.

There’s always a positive in every situation, in this case it is that fans did not waste money on a ticket to watch that steaming pile of poo masquerading as a football match.
And not getting home before midnight on a school night...

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I thought it was a simply splendid game of football.

Predictable result, only thing I got wrong, it was a penalty, not from a corner. The only way is up.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Klopp's two changes up front looked good for a while - perhaps Liverpool do need to consider developing a wrecking squad specifically for the two lines of five brigade and then bring on the style once we're one up.

Around about the 70th minute summed it up; lots of little passes on the edge of the area with no-one wanting to take responsibility, followed by the inevitable loss of possession.

Liverpool did well in the face of critical injuries but the impact of constant improvisations at the back has pulled the shape of the team to pieces and that's now making itself felt. We may have possession and chances but the possession is generally in front of the defences and the chances are often in name only (unless they fall to Origi). God knows how many times we crossed to their keeper last night.

Oh stop.

You've just watched the last 5 matches just like me. The team, fundamentally, is broken in the last third. Tiny little changes that amount to the absolute shite that we have witnessed.

Too many touches in and around the box allowing the broken defending team to regain their shape / position.

An unwillingness to take responsibility to attack space or move with the ball leading to one more (unnecessary) pass. Ditto the effect on the defending team.

No one is leading the team on the pitch and calling it out, in fact the leaders are the ones guilty of slowing the play in midfield. 5 seconds dwelling on the ball from Gini, Hendo and if I see one more scooped bastard ball to a munchkin surrounded by grocks.......

Our options are poor. AOC is wasted on the right and has played his best in central midfield for us but there's no way he is winkling out Thiago, but that's where the drive has to come.from. Drive at a static defence and force them to play. Three things can happen. We lose the ball, we get fouled, we score. By any metric the idea that we go at a team is better by a factor of 2-1 when in possession.

The full backs aren't functioning well. That's down to teams playing better and a fairly catastrophic loss of form / confidence by TAA. Robertson played really well against Utd, but unless BOTH play reasonably well it doesn't really make a difference as you can adjust your team to match the threat flank you face.

It comes down to this. Whilst Fabinho plays at CB we miss him in the midfield, especially those fizzed vertical.balls to feet that break lines. Whilst he's our sides best CB we're knackered. This starts and finishes with a lack of CB cover and if Klopp doesn't trust who he can turn to then there are no "solutions in the squad". Had Fabinho been in midfield last night then we'd have seen a faster attacking display.

At the moment we look like Wenger's "one more pass" Arsenal, with the results to match.

0 points, deservedly so, half a season to get it right. We'd BETTER be moving on!

Oh stop.

You've just watched the last 5 matches just like me. The team, fundamentally, is broken in the last third. Tiny little changes that amount to the absolute shite that we have witnessed.

Too many touches in and around the box allowing the broken defending team to regain their shape / position.

An unwillingness to take responsibility to attack space or move with the ball leading to one more (unnecessary) pass. Ditto the effect on the defending team.

No one is leading the team on the pitch and calling it out, in fact the leaders are the ones guilty of slowing the play in midfield. 5 seconds dwelling on the ball from Gini, Hendo and if I see one more scooped bastard ball to a munchkin surrounded by grocks.......

Our options are poor. AOC is wasted on the right and has played his best in central midfield for us but there's no way he is winkling out Thiago, but that's where the drive has to come.from. Drive at a static defence and force them to play. Three things can happen. We lose the ball, we get fouled, we score. By any metric the idea that we go at a team is better by a factor of 2-1 when in possession.

The full backs aren't functioning well. That's down to teams playing better and a fairly catastrophic loss of form / confidence by TAA. Robertson played really well against Utd, but unless BOTH play reasonably well it doesn't really make a difference as you can adjust your team to match the threat flank you face.

It comes down to this. Whilst Fabinho plays at CB we miss him in the midfield, especially those fizzed vertical.balls to feet that break lines. Whilst he's our sides best CB we're knackered. This starts and finishes with a lack of CB cover and if Klopp doesn't trust who he can turn to then there are no "solutions in the squad". Had Fabinho been in midfield last night then we'd have seen a faster attacking display.

At the moment we look like Wenger's "one more pass" Arsenal, with the results to match.

0 points, deservedly so, half a season to get it right. We'd BETTER be moving on!
Agreed, but I think quite a few players are having a big dip in form at the moment. There is a deep undercurrent of lack of confidence in certain players. TAA had a shocker again last night, Mane, Firminho and Salah aren't firing on any cylinders at the moment.

There is something definitely afoot in the dressing room, und Herr Klopp needs to get it sorted ASAP otherwise we'll be lucky to finish mid table on current form.

The absence of VVD and Gomez are not excuses for the front three not putting the ball in the back of the net.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh stop.

Actually, we said the same thing.

It's an improvised defence and the fallout from that improvisation is making itself felt all over the pitch.

The simple truth is that Liverpool is, de facto, advancing the proposition that it is possible to compete at the highest level in the Premiership without recognised central defenders and our league position now reflects that.

Last edited:
Actually, we said the same thing.

It's an improvised defence and the fallout from that improvisation is making itself felt all over the pitch.

The simple truth is that Liverpool is, de facto, advancing the proposition that it is possible to complete at the highest level in the Premiership without recognised central defenders and our league position now reflects that.
Haha, I didn't get as far as your post FF! It was more those vying for top red status talking about the next match like the last 5 with no change hadn't happened!

I agree with your last point so much if I could have liked it twice I would!

Agreed, but I think quite a few players are having a big dip in form at the moment. There is a deep undercurrent of lack of confidence in certain players. TAA had a shocker again last night, Mane, Firminho and Salah aren't firing on any cylinders at the moment.

There is something definitely afoot in the dressing room, und Herr Klopp needs to get it sorted ASAP otherwise we'll be lucky to finish mid table on current form.

The absence of VVD and Gomez are not excuses for the front three not putting the ball in the back of the net.

As Sir Bob once observed "If you're in the box and not sure what to do, stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards."

Somebody needs to tell our forwards, that'll sort any confidence issues elsewhere! But you're right too, the lack of confidence shows in the hesitancy of what to do. Smash it in, you made the right decision!

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Totally agree with @MrShanklysboots

Too much dithering and square / back passes.

We also don't have an option up front, all our players are comparatively small, so we come up against a defence full of 6'3" players and we're stuffed for high balls. When was the last time we got a knock-down from a cross in the box?

We need e.g. a Jimmy Case who will hit a few cannonballs from outside the box.

Totally agree with @MrShanklysboots

Too much dithering and square / back passes.

We also don't have an option up front, all our players are comparatively small, so we come up against a defence full of 6'3" players and we're stuffed for high balls. When was the last time we got a knock-down from a cross in the box?

We need e.g. a Jimmy Case who will hit a few cannonballs from outside the box.
We needed a team of James Milners. Men of steel, to put the fear of God up them....

Latest Threads