The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Our midfield has gone missing, in fact our whole team looks as if they haven’t turned up. Still 0-0 though.

Thiago forward passing and ball play is quality, struggling a bit defensively, but that should be Hendo/Fab's job if they weren't playing centre backs.
With a full stock of proper defenders, and Hendo and Fab back in midfield you have Thiago and one other, can't really see a place for Gini in future, only as a squad player.

Thiago forward passing and ball play is quality, struggling a bit defensively, but that should be Hendo/Fab's job if they weren't playing centre backs.
With a full stock of proper defenders, and Hendo and Fab back in midfield you have Thiago and one other, can't really see a place for Gini in future, only as a squad player.
Very good player. Why Bayern let him go is beyond me

Just settled down for kickoff

Feckin visitors...

Saw last two minutes, did I miss owt?

I reckon they've just taken this
'No celebrating' rule too literally.

Looked to me like two teams who just didn't want to lose, rather than two teams who wanted to win. That's the worst I've seen Mane, Salah and Firminho play all season. Three games without scoring

Last edited:
I'd rather have won 7 games 1 nil than score 7 in one game like we did against Palace....we'd have been running away with it by now..

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Just settled down for kickoff

Feckin visitors...

Saw last two minutes, did I miss owt?

I reckon they've just taken this
'No celebrating' rule too literally.
You missed feck all, not like the strikers who missed every time they got near goal which wasn’t very often.
Hear’s hoping next weeks game is 100% better, we might get a bit excited.
Next week we will see a winner, I just hope it’s not on penalties.

I feel our lack of bite up front is down to the fact that 2 of our best holding midfielders are playing a centre back. Meaning our better attacking midfielders are having to play a holding role, meaning their is a disconnect to the front 3.

I am not unhappy with a point today, a lot of football left in this season, especially if there are a few more COVID cancellations, a couple of teams could get a bit of a fixture pile up.

But I would say City currently seem to be form team and apparently in the box seat, unless Palace pull something out of the bag.

I feel our lack of bite up front is down to the fact that 2 of our best holding midfielders are playing a centre back. Meaning our better attacking midfielders are having to play a holding role, meaning their is a disconnect to the front 3.

I am not unhappy with a point today, a lot of football left in this season, especially if there are a few more COVID cancellations, a couple of teams could get a bit of a fixture pile up.

But I would say City currently seem to be form team and apparently in the box seat, unless Palace pull something out of the bag.

This is a test of Kloppy rather than the team, he has to find that sweet spot again.

I would make City favourites at the moment, but there are still a lot of games to be played.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Great game:roll:

The real question is whether Klopp can control himself in the aftermath. He always strikes me as a bit of a nutter.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

And because of what you have so eloquently stated I’m a tad peed off.
Utd really should have taken the game by the scruff of the neck, I thought the players gave you to much respect and were afraid of losing rather than going for the win.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Resting a few players tonight aren’t you?

No excuses come Sunday now, I don’t want to hear any nonsense of you lot been a bit rusty.

Oh you have to be kidding me. Origi you kipper.

68 game unbeaten at home run under threat from Burnley? 0-1 with a few minutes remaining.

This is, indeed, a strange season.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
The above said, we have been found out by a succession of teams playing with 10 men behind the ball and packing the final third of the pitch. Basically stopping us from shooting effectively.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Get in Burnley :number1: :number1: :number1: :number1: :number1:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
That was never a penalty.
Ball had gone by the time Allison arrived.
Klopp was moaning about not getting enough penalties.
Just so happens this one was against him :slow: .

Latest Threads