Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

That’s why you have squads, rotate players, managers have been doing that since gawd knows when.
Honestly I’ve never known so much fecking moaning from so called professionals.
Roy Keane, Paul ince, gary Neville, Phil neville, mark hughes, Ryan giggs, Owen Hargreaves, Steve Bruce,

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
S
Roy Keane, Paul ince, gary Neville, Phil neville, mark hughes, Ryan giggs, Owen Hargreaves, Steve Bruce,
Some fecking great players there.

S

Some fecking great players there.
A lot of shit managers and pundits too, In my opinion pundit’s are failed managers, so often talk of experiences they have failed at when commenting on managers.

Or you have Jamie, for Liverpool and spurs player who achieved the square root of **** all, offering his opinion on world class players, due to his family name, his cousin managing chelsk.

Cheers mate for the mention, mate You will get no real argument from me reference injuries other than partisan banter, after all I’m a spurs fan and during the 90’s we barely could but a team out.

Harry Kane! He's got duff ankles (I believe), one good smash off a grock who can't see straight through exhaustion and he's gone for three months. And as much as I dislike Mourinhos anti football, he's hasn't half got a tune out of playing Kane as 10 with Son running off him.

That’s why you have squads, rotate players, managers have been doing that since gawd knows when.
Honestly I’ve never known so much fecking moaning from so called professionals.

The squads are down to the bare bones and we've been back playing three months. It's supposed to be a 9 month season.

Genuine question about the 15 manager klopp claims to have support for the 5 subs, why did it not pass and get ratified?

It wasn’t put to an official vote.

Sod’s law dictates that Sheffield Utd will now suffer 4 injuries in a game.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
The squads are down to the bare bones and we've been back playing three months. It's supposed to be a 9 month season.
Not sure United‘s is, I don’t count Pogba.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
this five subs is a joke.

Out of interest, do you have any idea how many of the major leagues in Europe went with 5 subs this season?

Every single one of them apart from the Premier League.

Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, the Netherlands... 5 subs. Champions League, Europa League... 5 subs. Even the rest of the English Football League, 5 subs.

Still think it's a joke? The Premier League is out of sync with plain common sense.

Harry Kane! He's got duff ankles (I believe), one good smash off a grock who can't see straight through exhaustion and he's gone for three months. And as much as I dislike Mourinhos anti football, he's hasn't half got a tune out of playing Kane as 10 with Son running off him.

Jose wasnt my first choice, however he is getting a tune out of a lot of players poach didn’t.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Out of interest, do you have any idea how many of the major leagues in Europe went with 5 subs this season?

Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Portugal, the Netherlands... 5 subs. Champions League, Europa League... 5 subs. Even the rest of the English Football League, 5 subs.

Still think it's a joke? The Premier League is out of sync with plain common sense.
So you want 50% of the outfield players who start to be replaced because the manager made a Horlicks of selection in the first place?
Its a fecking joke, and two wrongs don’t make a right.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Jose wasnt my first choice, however he is getting a tune out of a lot of players poach didn’t.
Did he get what he wanted in the summer transfer window?

As devils advocate how many teams are likely to win those leagues? How many of those teams face to loose the club changing money that finish in the bottom three.

You can’t get away from the fact that football is business now and less of a sport.

It’s supply and demand, people want to watch their teams at a time that suits them, they pay the money that really funds football, so unless football changes this will happen, as it’s a business.

Unless fans buy out the shareholders.

You're absolutely right, professional or not, anyone repeatedly operating at or near peak performance is more likely to breakdown physically even with recovery time. It's a point made repeatedly on the Women in the Infantry threads, though ISTR you were generally on the other side of the argument then...

;-)

I think you may find I said things such as;

I was initially very much of that opinion (and am still torn), however, having looked deeper into the whole physiology issue, I am agreeing more with those who say we will break most of them in the long term.

That means we will break perfectly capable and able females who could possibly excel and certainly have a fulfilling career elsewhere in the army.

The beauty of debate

Here as far back as 2016, so possibly not as much on the other side as perceived :)

Lovely performance that. Pleased fo Kelleher, pleased for Williams supplying the cross for Jones, a real night for the kids.

Lovely Job, won the group with one to play.

Moving on.

Lovely performance that. Pleased fo Kelleher, pleased for Williams supplying the cross for Jones, a real night for the kids.

Lovely Job, won the group with one to play.

Moving on.
Spot on, I’d expect Koop to be happy come the weekend

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A
Everything and more
And that’s why he is doing a good job. He got his third choices at OT, I hope Woodward is paying attention, back your manager and see what happens, he wanted shot of Pogba instead it was Jose who left.
I reckon Spurs will finish in the top two, it’s a two horse race Liverpool and Spurs.

So you want 50% of the outfield players who start to be replaced because the manager made a Horlicks of selection in the first place?
Its a fecking joke, and two wrongs don’t make a right.

Haven't you read the rest of the points? The only one banging.on about poor selection is you. Injury. That's what 5 subs helps to stop / mitigate.

Latest Threads