Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

These are professional athletes who are being asked to play twice a week, klopp has been getting stick all day on talkSPORT, Danny Murphy was particularly critical.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ah, Klipperty makes a come back as MUFC climb into top 5...where have been for past 3 years?
4th last year, second two years earlier.
We won’t talk about the rest or the pre Klopp years or indeed Fergie years, it might upset you.

These are professional athletes who are being asked to play twice a week, klopp has been getting stick all day on talkSPORT, Danny Murphy was particularly critical.

Good, if he’s getting stick on that comic mouthpiece he must be doing something right.

As for your professional athletes nonsense, the body takes time to recover, that’s a medical fact, at any level of exercise. Over activity makes them more susceptible to injury.

As I said previously, if it was as simple as being a professional in your chosen sport, why can’t marathon runners run twice a week, or boxers fight twice a week etc, for any sort of sustained period.

I know not many talk sport listeners actually go to live games. But the players are on the move almost constantly and are frigging quick. You don’t get half of it from the TV.

As for Danny Murphy, he is turning into a click bait cock journalist.

Good, if he’s getting stick on that comic mouthpiece he must be doing something right.

As for your professional athletes nonsense, the body takes time to recover, that’s a medical fact, at any level of exercise. Over activity makes them more susceptible to injury.

As I said previously, if it was as simple as being a professional in your chosen sport, why can’t marathon runners run twice a week, or boxers fight twice a week etc, for any sort of sustained period.

I know not many talk sport listeners actually go to live games. But the players are on the move almost constantly and are frigging quick. You don’t get half of it from the TV.

They have played twice a week for years, if Juergen is so worried for his players why not withdraw from the FA Cup, Champions league? He has 25 players to choose from, which means he could play One team in Europe and one team in the prem.

Ref Danny Murphy, if you listened to his comments today. Before condemning him, regarding Marathon runners, bad example as the run more in one day than footballers So in a week.

And the professional athletes and those who manage the professional athletes are saying it’s too much.

I trust their judgement over yours on this one.

They have played twice a week for years, if Juergen is so worried for his players why not withdraw from the FA Cup, Champions league? He has 25 players to choose from, which means he could play One team in Europe and one team in the prem.

Ref Danny Murphy, if you listened to his comments today. Before condemning him, regarding Marathon runners, bad example as the run more in one day than footballers So in a week.

:) :) I know you don’t actually believe what you write and are just look for a wind up (hopefully otherwise you need help).

So let’s just say we will not come to an agreement on this issue and I sincerely hope you are right and players will not suffer long term damage.

Maybe you can pop off to the Spurs thread and discuss the issue with like minded people ^~

:) :) I know you don’t actually believe what you write and are just look for a wind up (hopefully otherwise you need help).

So let’s just say we will not come to an agreement on this issue and I sincerely hope you are right and players will not suffer long term damage.

Maybe you can pop off to the Spurs thread and discuss the issue with like minded people ^~
If premier manages and players had more integrity I would imagine the 5 subs would be ok, independent medical staff at the ground to ensure those two extra subs are for muscle strains, I’d be more than happy for it.

One thing we need to all agree on is the need for a concussion sub.

4th last year, second two years earlier.
We won’t talk about the rest or the pre Klopp years or indeed Fergie years, it might upset you.
Well, pre Klopp years would rule out Klipperty Klop insubordination I think? Don't despair, these things are all cyclical.

If premier manages and players had more integrity I would imagine the 5 subs would be ok, independent medical staff at the ground to ensure those two extra subs are for muscle strains, I’d be more than happy for it.

Very happy to agree on that, with an independent medical assessment, much like in rugby.

Ahem.

The idea of 5 subs is to prevent injury, not wait til they're injured to make the replacement.

And they've never played a season of this length ever, all without the benefit of a rest and a pre season.

These broken players are all supposed to be at Euro 2021 too. What fun.

Ahem.

The idea of 5 subs is to prevent injury, not wait til they're injured to make the replacement.

And they've never played a season of this length ever, all without the benefit of a rest and a pre season.

These broken players are all supposed to be at Euro 2021 too. What fun.
How long did the players have off during the first lockdown?

How long did the players have off during the first lockdown?

And that's part of the problem. Whilst they were unable to maintain the high level of sport specific fitness to turn round to them and say "here's a mini season almost immediately followed by a truncated yet more intense full season with the same number of matches squeezed into less time" was always going to be a recipe for more injuries and strains.

You are literally arguing to make the football you watch worse as the best practitioners of it fall by the wayside one by one.

pc flaps

War Hero

The game is insanely fast paced now, compared to the 80s when succesful teams routinely played 60 games a season. I went with a mate's season ticket to Fulham Man Utd a few years back and even Berbatov was a blur of motion.

And that's part of the problem. Whilst they were unable to maintain the high level of sport specific fitness to turn round to them and say "here's a mini season almost immediately followed by a truncated yet more intense full season with the same number of matches squeezed into less time" was always going to be a recipe for more injuries and strains.

You are literally arguing to make the football you watch worse as the best practitioners of it fall by the wayside one by one.
It would of helped if they didn’t have to play meaningless international fixtures, or revert back to the standard format for the EL and CL.

One option would have been to cancel the Euro’s, FIFA and UEFA have more than enough cash to subsidise the potential fall out from sponsors and TV, or the WC in 2022 which to be honest is a dog and show pony to bolster FIFA’s coffers.

Allow teams to play their U21 sides in home cup competitions on the understanding they were to play till eliminated or won it no swapping out etc.

Genuine question about the 15 manager klopp claims to have support for the 5 subs, why did it not pass and get ratified?

The 5 that allegedly didn’t, what’s you thoughts on who they are? Mine are Steve Bruce, Chris Wilder, Scotty Parker, Slaven, Shaun Dyche. The. It got me thinking who else don’t have depth of quality, Roy Hodgson, David Moyes, Brendan Rodgers, Carlo, Dean Smith,

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyone watch the West Ham game last night? No, not bad I’m pretty confident Utd will get three more points on the road on Saturday, any how I digress, after the match your Jamie and our Garry :blowkiss: bless them were discussing what we are chatting about on here re injuries and matches played, five subs etc.

It was pretty good as Neville had all the facts and figures concerning the early kick off times on a Saturday going back to when he was playing, it seems that Klopp has got his knickers in a twist as Liverpool are not been treated any differently to other “big teams” in the past and indeed the present.
The reality is that the more successful you are the more you play in these games as these sell abroad to the Far East and so these silly o’clock kick offs cater for those fans more than us, it’s the price we pay if we want our clubs to get the big money.

Neville said that what Klopp was saying was no different to Ferguson all those years ago as he just wants what’s best for his club but this five subs is a joke.
As for him complaining about Millers injury he has only played about two games prior to this injury so it’s hardly the fixture list that caused that.
Any how it was a good rounded discussion if you didn’t watch it but can watch it with all Sky’s repeats then do so, it was a decent discussion.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

You're absolutely right, professional or not, anyone repeatedly operating at or near peak performance is more likely to breakdown physically even with recovery time. It's a point made repeatedly on the Women in the Infantry threads, though ISTR you were generally on the other side of the argument then...

;-)

Anyone watch the West Ham game last night? No, not bad I’m pretty confident Utd will get three more points on the road on Saturday, any how I digress, after the match your Jamie and our Garry :blowkiss: bless them were discussing what we are chatting about on here re injuries and matches played, five subs etc.

It was pretty good as Neville had all the facts and figures concerning the early kick off times on a Saturday going back to when he was playing, it seems that Klopp has got his knickers in a twist as Liverpool are not been treated any differently to other “big teams” in the past and indeed the present.
The reality is that the more successful you are the more you play in these games as these sell abroad to the Far East and so these silly o’clock kick offs cater for those fans more than us, it’s the price we pay if we want our clubs to get the big money.

Neville said that what Klopp was saying was no different to Ferguson all those years ago as he just wants what’s best for his club but this five subs is a joke.
As for him complaining about Millers injury he has only played about two games prior to this injury so it’s hardly the fixture list that caused that.
Any how it was a good rounded discussion if you didn’t watch it but can watch it with all Sky’s repeats then do so, it was a decent discussion.

It was also framed in bollocks (without having watched it) if they failed to acknowledge the sheer amount of football being played with no pre season after a long enforced rest.

Jesus we give them a month off in more normal times and then pre season them for six to eight weeks

Three and a half months, two weeks preseason, pretty much constant from there in in. And we wonder why there's injuries.

Himmler, thanks for those points, you'll get no argument from me on the various rabid dogs that call themselves football authorities viciously defending their various corners. It just goes to show that they don't particularly give a shiny shite about their players either. Where's the PFA in all this?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It was also framed in bollocks (without having watched it) if they failed to acknowledge the sheer amount of football being played with no pre season after a long enforced rest.

Jesus we give them a month off in more normal times and then pre season them for six to eight weeks

Three and a half months, two weeks preseason, pretty much constant from there in in. And we wonder why there's injuries.

Himmler, thanks for those points, you'll get no argument from me on the various rabid dogs that call themselves football authorities viciously defending their various corners. It just goes to show that they don't particularly give a shiny shite about their players either. Where's the PFA in all this?
That’s why you have squads, rotate players, managers have been doing that since gawd knows when.
Honestly I’ve never known so much fecking moaning from so called professionals.

Cheers mate for the mention, mate You will get no real argument from me reference injuries other than partisan banter, after all I’m a spurs fan and during the 90’s we barely could but a team out.

Latest Threads