Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

It’s all about the money, the Sunday late kick off is about money.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Protect them? He has a squad of 25 like every other team, he could play one team for Europe, one for premier league.

He is fast becoming the manager to replace Jose as the everyone is against me.

He mentioned Chris wilder several times, as Chris is one of the managers whose club voted against 5 subs, as it would be abused, you know it and I know it he is right.

For example my team spurs playing west brom away on a monday Night, Jose would change all 5.

Not sure what part of he might be right or wrong, only time will tell you are struggling with :)

Not sure what part of he might be right or wrong, only time will tell you are struggling with :)
I suspect if LFC won the narrative would have been something else from Klopp.

I suspect if LFC won the narrative would have been something else from Klopp.

The narrative has been there for weeks, the interviewer was hitting back at the narrative, because Klopp questioned scheduling for all teams playing in Europe and the interviewer is part of the media outlet Klopp had a pop at.

Win Lose or Draw, the narrative would have been and has been consistent for weeks.

On the bright side, we may see a whole lot of youngsters and fringe players playing in January, we will see if the casual supporter tunes in to watch second 11’s playing against each other :)

wheel

LE
Success brings with it problems. More games, more injuries, players become physically and mentally tired, how to rotate the squad to maintain consistent performances.
Seen poorly thought out comments about playing two different teams made up from the squad. Its not really an option.

jg505

War Hero
TBH, I think OGS and Klopp are singing from the same hymn sheet. Both teams have played a CL game on a Wednesday evening then had an early PL ko on the following Saturday lunchtime and on both Saturday games, had players injured.

Surely for the powers that be, it can't be too difficult to de-conflict these games / KO times.

The narrative has been there for weeks, the interviewer was hitting back at the narrative, because Klopp questioned scheduling for all teams playing in Europe and the interviewer is part of the media outlet Klopp had a pop at.

Win Lose or Draw, the narrative would have been and has been consistent for weeks.

On the bright side, we may see a whole lot of youngsters and fringe players playing in January, we will see if the casual supporter tunes in to watch second 11’s playing against each other :)
In FA Cup matches and League cup matches, he wouldn’t dare field a second eleven in the premier or Europe.

like I said don’t take the money if you do t want the fixtures.

Yep, sounds like Klipperty has caught the moaning scouse bug.
Quick to take the broadcasters money but then blames them for injuries and kick off times.
You can’t have it both ways so do us a favour Klopp, shut up moaning, you are still top of the PL.
Ah, Klipperty makes a come back as MUFC climb into top 5...where have been for past 3 years?

In FA Cup matches and League cup matches, he wouldn’t dare field a second eleven in the premier or Europe.

like I said don’t take the money if you do t want the fixtures.

It’s almost like you are being deliberately obtuse!

He is not moaning about the number of fixtures, he is moaning about the scheduling of those fixtures for the teams playing in European competition.

Although he would be absolutely right to moan about meaningless International friendlies.

He is also saying that this is an unusual season, with a compressed fixture list to fit everything in and a limited pre season, therefore, like when football resumed and like what is happening across European competition, for this season it would be sensible to allow 5 substitutes.

He may be wrong and players may be able to keep going, or he may be right and England may be sending a team comprising of Lower Division players to the Euros next summer.

After all, the likes of Chris Wilder disagree with him, although it’s highly likely that Chris Wilder won’t be a premiership manager next year, whether there are 3, 5 or a whole team of swap. 1 point after 10 games does not bode well for him.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd like to see the strongest teams competing and not reduced to the football equivalent of arming the cooks and everything being decided on the basis of the last man standing with emergency calls to the respective legends teams.

It shouldn't be difficult to arrange that teams which play on Wednesday or Thursday don't get lumbered with the early KO on Saturday and it's not an unreasonable ask.

We're in the middle of a pandemic and something's got to give. The international break was a farce and an unnecessary demand on players - if something had to give, UEFA's bastard child that is the Nations League and the associated pointless friendlies were the obvious candidates.

Finally, Klopp was saying exactly the same thing about an over-crowded schedule this time last year when Liverpool was winning things so it can't be put down to sour grapes. We aren't going to remain the most exciting league in the world if mindless scheduling puts most of the stars in dry dock.

Last edited:
It’s almost like you are being deliberately obtuse!

He is not moaning about the number of fixtures, he is moaning about the scheduling of those fixtures for the teams playing in European competition.

Although he would be absolutely right to moan about meaningless International friendlies.

He is also saying that this is an unusual season, with a compressed fixture list to fit everything in and a limited pre season, therefore, like when football resumed and like what is happening across European competition, for this season it would be sensible to allow 5 substitutes.

He may be wrong and players may be able to keep going, or he may be right and England may be sending a team comprising of Lower Division players to the Euros next summer.

After all, the likes of Chris Wilder disagree with him, although it’s highly likely that Chris Wilder won’t be a premiership manager next year, whether there are 3, 5 or a whole team of swap. 1 point after 10 games does not bode well for him.
I am not being obtuse I just dont see the relevance, of the 5 subs in the premiership. It offers a clear advantage to teams who have stronger squads.

I would be more encouraged if he welcomed the concussion subs being trailed in the FA Cup.

Scheduling, You sign the deal you take your chances, what difference would kicking off at 15.00 on Saturday?

Chelsea had a clear advantage over spurs today due to scheduling, they had a full day more rest.

I am not being obtuse I just dont see the relevance, of the 5 subs in the premiership. It offers a clear advantage to teams who have stronger squads.

I would be more encouraged if he welcomed the concussion subs being trailed in the FA Cup.

Scheduling, You sign the deal you take your chances, what difference would kicking off at 15.00 on Saturday?

Chelsea had a clear advantage over spurs today due to scheduling, they had a full day more rest.

Alright then, not obtuse, but you are reacting to a single interview, when this issue has been running for weeks. Both Klopp and Pep were talking about it before the last international break and other managers hav3 voiced concerns.

And I don’t know how rest and recovery for professional athletes works, but apparently the highly paid medical experts clubs employ do. I do know that boxers don’t fight every week nor do marathon runners run a marathon every week, because they train to perform at peak fitness. Modern footballers are top athletes.

Hopefully (and I mean this) Spurs will not get many injuries and will be relatively unscathed. However, I guess you won’t show any sympathy if you suddenly get a sharp spike in injuries?

But these players aren’t machines, they are humans and this is their livelihood which lasts a relatively short time (regardless of what they earn).

I applaud managers showing leadership and standing up for them. It could teach the military a thing or two about sticking the head above the parapet for those they lead :)

Alright then, not obtuse, but you are reacting to a single interview, when this issue has been running for weeks. Both Klopp and Pep were talking about it before the last international break and other managers hav3 voiced concerns.

And I don’t know how rest and recovery for professional athletes works, but apparently the highly paid medical experts clubs employ do. I do know that boxers don’t fight every week nor do marathon runners run a marathon every week, because they train to perform at peak fitness. Modern footballers are top athletes.

Hopefully (and I mean this) Spurs will not get many injuries and will be relatively unscathed. However, I guess you won’t show any sympathy if you suddenly get a sharp spike in injuries?

But these players aren’t machines, they are humans and this is their livelihood which lasts a relatively short time (regardless of what they earn).

I applaud managers showing leadership and standing up for them. It could teach the military a thing or two about sticking the head above the parapet for those they lead :)
Do a bit of research and come back at the injuries sustained vs games played this season for the top 5 say?

Its kinda eye opening as games played, take your swiss lad.

Do a bit of research and come back at the injuries sustained vs games played this season for the top 5 say?

Its kinda eye opening as games played, take your swiss lad.

Google, page 1

Like I have said, time will tell, but managers are looking at a potential car crash in the making and asking for action to avoid it.

As usual, tribalism takes over, that’s fine, but let’s see where we are in May, I hopefully have backed the wrong horse and we won’t have ruined several careers.

Who knows?

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC

It may seem that way intuitively, but you're assuming it's a given. I've seen research which says the opposite.

Basically, the crux was that better teams lose more quality when they substitute, because the drop-off from elite 1st XI to their substitutes bench is farther. So Sheffield United make five subs for players who are closer to each other in quality, but the top clubs' elite players are replaced by ones who are more distant in quality. (Think of drop-off from VVD to any other defender replacing him, or a Kevin de Bruyne coming off.)

If you want to go all FIFA simpleton for a moment: LFC with 5 subs might drop from a 90 to an 80. Sheffield United might drop from an 80 to a 75. So whilst LFC are still stronger, the two teams are closer to each other in quality after substitutions.

So perhaps it's more complex than "stronger squads." One might alternatively frame the question as: "Would you rather your opponents took off 3 of their best players (starting XI), or 5 of them?"

It may seem that way intuitively, but you're assuming it's a given. I've seen research which says the opposite.

Basically, the crux was that better teams lose more quality when they substitute, because the drop-off from elite 1st XI to their substitutes bench is farther. So Sheffield United make five subs for players who are closer to each other in quality, but the top clubs' elite players are replaced by ones who are more distant in quality. (Think of drop-off from VVD to any other defender replacing him, or a Kevin de Bruyne coming off.)

If you want to go all FIFA simpleton for a moment: LFC with 5 subs might drop from a 90 to an 80. Sheffield United might drop from an 80 to a 75. So whilst LFC are still stronger, the two teams are closer to each other in quality after substitutions.

So perhaps it's more complex than "stronger squads." One might alternatively frame the question as: "Would you rather your opponents took off 3 of their best players (starting XI), or 5 of them?"
That begs the question, does top teams field there best XI All the time, every game? They do not in my opinion.

Today Spurs would have been stronger starting with mora instead of bengie,

In fairness, a LFC or MCFC second eleven at full strength could probably still beat most in the premiership.

I can't believe that there are apparently successful human beings who have had sex and stuff, literally arguing for the lessening of quality of football through injury.

Even worse, as long as their own team isn't affected it appears that they'd be happy with players who go into the red after 90 minutes football, getting a career ending injury through knackered players making poor tackles on already stressed bodies.

The ratio of injuries to games far exceeds last season by any metric across the league. This is just about the sheer amount of football being played in a short time with no pre season worthy of the name. The international breaks taking players from one training regimen (that is individually constructed for each player) to one that is based around trying to get 22 strangers moulded into a team across 5 days hasn't helped.

It has been particularly cruel to Liverpool with Gomez gone on England duty and Naby Keita (no competitive football for months to 245 minutes in 8 days resulting in an injury for a player not renowned for his resilience) out for who knows how long.

The fact we've had two poor results by our standards and are still top of our group and level on points at the top of the table is great for us, but it's actually shït for the league. Put it another way, do you think Jiminez at Wolves gets a near life ending injury, let alone career if he isn't playing a knackered defender and isn't knackered himself?

Literally every other league of any stature recognises the unique circumstances of this season and has adjusted to protect the players using 5 subs.

The fact that people are still arguing out of some misguided sense of tribalism is, quite frankly, laughable.

Oh, 0 pts and 1pt. Moving on.

Latest Threads