Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

If you'll forgive me saying, the first of those posts hasn't aged well... More bother was caused by Mrs Vardy with her Instagram account this week than her hubby at Anfield.

Didn't Jota turn up for a nominal £41 million which, upon closer examination, turns out on a per game basis to work out as something like £5.50, a pint of Banks' mild and a bag of roasted peanuts for each member of the Wolves match day squad, plus a guaranteed Christmas card to NES from Herr Klopp, thanks to the way in which Edwards structured the deal?
In my defence,

I refer you to my natural enthusiasm in the previous 916 pages ^~

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Millie putting in another great performance in two positions.

What a great signing he has been for the club.

Millie putting in another great performance in two positions.

What a great signing he has been for the club.

Free transfer, too...

Not sure whether he or Robertson represents the most preposterous bargain in Premiership history (Jota, if he carries on like this, may challenge them).

I wonder if other clubs are wondering how they missed Jota.

Wolves fans of my acquaintance couldn't believe (to their delight) that City and Chelsea weren't sniffing around for him at the start of last season. They were expecting to lose him, and most of them seem more than happy to have Hoever (sp?), the £41 million while watching him do well at Liverpool.

It was interesting to note on one of their forums that they didn't mind him going to Liverpool, since he'd not agitated for a move and was going to be managed by Klopp - a sort of 'well, we don't mind him taking him from us, and it's a real opportunity for Diogo - good luck to the lad' approach.

Well - 'Ah day moind Jeeergun tekkin him from uz; eez a grait blowke and a bosting manager, and Diogo's a good lad, ay ee? Les ope he duz well' if left in the original...

Amongst the gloom of Keita picking up another injury, the main thing I took out of the match was it was the PL game Curtis Jones came of age.
He played like he used to with the 'second string' last year, today he looked like he owned the place.
Second half he faded a bit, but Leicester hardly made it difficult for him.
Oh, and Milner deserves his Ribena ration doubling, is he getting even better?

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
From the Grauniad this morning:

6) Milner sums up Liverpool’s show of strength
Early in the second half against Leicester, Naby Keïta was forced off with a thigh injury and James Milner, who had been excelling at right-back, was moved into midfield. Moments later, Milner played a perfect through ball to Sadio Mané, whose shot stung the palms of Kasper Schmeichel. It summed up Milner’s night: the captain later swung in a corner for Roberto Firmino to score, having spent the first half repelling Leicester attacks. Brendan Rodgers had targeted Milner as a weak spot; “I would as well” was Milner’s typically modest response after the game. Jürgen Klopp was keen to highlight Milner’s “really special” performance in two positions in his patchwork team; the 34-year-old’s versatility and resilience were symbolic of a Liverpool display that will leave their title rivals deflated.

The growing legend that is James *Boring* Milner