Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Nice to see the Premier League Champions elect getting a drubbing at Southampton, and a man down to boot. So that's two players with a three match ban.

Just need Danny Ings to bang one in to rub salt in the wound. Job done.

If we have to use VAR to judge offside, I would like them to use position of forward foot on the ground when ball is played.

Had to laugh just now........EFC appealing against Digne sending off. maybe they can wheel Richarlison or Pickford in as character witness?

Last edited:
Love this from Guardian.....
The Premier League continues to be a maelstrom of glorious unpredictability. On Friday night, Aston Villa, the only team left in England with a 100% record, were outplayed, outpaced and outfought by Dirty Leeds, who made off with their Leftfield Title Contenders status in the 1970s comic-book style, giggling like they’d just taken possession of a large bag of sweeties. “Yoinks, now for a feast!” guffawed a carefree Marcelo Bielsa, who already held the Hipsters’ Choice award, which for the record is shaped like a giant plate of mashed potatoes with sausages sticking out of it. Good luck wresting either of those distinctions from his grasp this season.

On Sunday, leaders Everton had their charcoal and seafoam shorts handed to them by Southampton at St Mary’s. To be fair, they’d been stitched up good and proper by that piece of work Virgil van Dijk, who as Carlo Ancelotti explained the other day, stuck one on their star man James Rodríguez in the first minute of the recent Merseyside derby, limiting him to just 179 of 179 minutes of football since. Not only that, by sneakily enticing Jordan Pickford into that crotch-first challenge, the wily Van Dijk has cleverly established a virulent anti-Everton agenda within the refereeing community, clearly evidenced by the red card awarded to Lucas Digne for taking a wild swipe at Kyle Walker-Peters, missing, then clumsily standing on his ankle and bending his leg to an alarming degree. Virgil, you rotter!

“Maybe all the rumours all week against Pickford affected the decision,” insisted Ancelotti, his studied super-cool slipping a little after the match. “The red card was a joke.” While the Fiver certainly agrees that Digne didn’t mean to land on Walker-Peters’s leg, he was however out of control to an extent that his opponent was in danger. It’s also the third time in two games that an Everton player has, intentionally or not, made such a challenge, the Digne recklessness coming hot on the heels (no pun intended) of Richarlison vs Thiago Alcântara and the Battle of Jordan’s Junk.

Asked whether Everton are developing a little problem here, Ancelotti bristled. “It’s not right. It’s not fair. It was not the right decision. We will appeal for sure.” Many more of these careless challenges, though, and they’ll soon be getting themselves a reputation. They’ll not be getting the Leftfield Title Contenders or Hipsters’ Choice tags off Bielsa any time soon … though perhaps there’s another descriptor they could take from the men from Elland Road? Five letters; answers on a postca

Just watched the LFC v West Ham match having Sky + it. No way was that a penalty for Salah, he dived and he's doing it a lot lately. Not a good habit to get into. The VAR decision to rule out the second goal was shocking.

Brilliant pass from that young lad Shaquiri for Jota to get the winner. What a player he is, that Shaquiri...Still top of the league so can't complain

Just watched the LFC v West Ham match having Sky + it. No way was that a penalty for Salah, he dived and he's doing it a lot lately. Not a good habit to get into. The VAR decision to rule out the second goal was shocking.

Brilliant pass from that young lad Shaquiri for Jota to get the winner. What a player he is, that Shaquiri...Still top of the league so can't complain

No one cares. Its a win.

But you'd agree he was fouled?

If he doesn't go down he doesn't get the penalty. The lack or reaction from the WH defender tells you he knew he'd fúcked up.

All good though. 31 Cup finals left and three points towards the title push. Oh and Nat Phillips, an absolute Tractor of a defender!

If he doesn't go down he doesn't get the penalty. The lack or reaction from the WH defender tells you he knew he'd fúcked up.

All good though. 31 Cup finals left and three points towards the title push. Oh and Nat Phillips, an absolute Tractor of a defender!
Fouled - ish, clumsy mis-timed, so just. But watching the way Salah went down it was a 10 on the Bobby Crush faux faint scale. Slight jump, head back, aaand fall. Agreed he didn't roll around on the floor like he'd been shot.

But if he carries on like that he'll get a reputation for diving and the bookings will follow.

He's better than that.

Nat Phillips, deffo got something about him, a little bit of Sami Hyppia, Didi Hamman, in there. Good partner fir VVD when he comes back.

Better than Gomez I think.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Please could you add: 'Moving on' so we can be sure it's a genuine post...

Yesterday was one of those games we used to draw - agree 100% about Phillips.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Newcastle doing us a favour this afternoon.
Ancelotti not a happy bunny.
Even if Villa or Leicester win their game in hand we're still a point clear :)

That must have been some wallop Thiago got, not travelled again, I believe, hoping he will be fit enough against Citeh.

Well. What an amazing amount of fun that was.

I hereby declare my deep.and abiding love for Diogo.

Three points (one more should see us qualify), moving on.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Last day at Melwood. A sad day for anyone who has bunked up to look over the fence.

I lived in Kirkby and the LFC ground is on the site of the old Kirkby Town FC (RIP to a good local club).

They'd better have good security otherwise the local scrotes will be making off with a string of Bentleys, Audis and Mercs and raiding the lockers for Rolexes.

Did I mention that I absolutely hated Kirkby?

1604833977502.png

Kloppy has gone for a 4-2-2-2 playing both Firminho and Jota. Bit bizarre.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Kloppy has gone for a 4-2-2-2 playing both Firminho and Jota. Bit bizarre.

I'm thinking more of a 4-2-3-1, with Firmino at the 10 and Jota on the left. Interesting to see who plays on the right and who plays up front, as Salah & Mane can both play both.

Gini and Hendo both holding. And I'm gonna take a left-field guess that we might man-mark De Bruyne for some stretches (Firmino?).

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m bitterly disappointed, not one word of thanks or congratulations on Manchester United beating the mighty toffees yesterday.
Oh well.

Latest Threads