Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

A trite comment,I'm afraid the spirit of the game has gone. Preferred old days, common sense refs and linesmen prepared to stand up and make a decision there and then. sometimes you got away with one,another time,it went against you you ended up arguing the toss in the pub later. i'ts all so cold, delayed and unemotional now.

A trite comment,I'm afraid the spirit of the game has gone. Preferred old days, common sense refs and linesmen prepared to stand up and make a decision there and then. sometimes you got away with one,another time,it went against you you ended up arguing the toss in the pub later. i'ts all so cold, delayed and unemotional now.
I could sum up all of the above in one word.

Shite.

Not your post, what has happened to the beautiful game.

Not pretty last night against Ajax and a freakish own goal, but great result. Made up, must have pissed off a few critics in press corps.

Liverpool v Sheffield Utd only available on Sky Box Office, you have to pay extra to watch it!!!! WTF is that all about. Fcuking Rip Off B@#$%rds.

If they keep that up I'll be cancelling my Sky Subscription. I'm fuming. FFS
Screenshot_20201024-194742_Chrome.jpg

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
It's about taking money off you and giving it to poor footballers earning only £100,000 per week.

What else do you expect?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Liverpool v Sheffield Utd only available on Sky Box Office, you have to pay extra to watch it!!!! WTF is that all about. Fcuking Rip Off B@#$%rds.

If they keep that up I'll be cancelling my Sky Subscription. I'm fuming. FFSView attachment 514777
I’ve cancelled my BT Sports subscription. I like the golf coverage on Sky though and the cricket so I’ll stay with them for a bit.
I hope the Liverpool match is more entertaining than the bore fest that was served up at OT earlier.

I’ve cancelled my BT Sports subscription. I like the golf coverage on Sky though and the cricket so I’ll stay with them for a bit.
I hope the Liverpool match is more entertaining than the bore fest that was served up at OT earlier.
How the fcuk did Harry Maguire get away with that stranglehold on the Chelski player. How that wasn't a penalty I'll never know.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
How the fcuk did Harry Maguire get away with that stranglehold on the Chelski player. How that wasn't a penalty I'll never know.
I missed that, I popped out to cook my tea, the wife and kids were having pasta so I cooked my own tonight, see tonight I cooked, very tasty so it was.
Whats the latest score tonight?

TamH70

MIA
I missed that, I popped out to cook my tea, the wife and kids were having pasta so I cooked my own tonight, see tonight I cooked, very tasty so it was.
Whats the latest score tonight?

2-1 to Liverpool with three added minutes of extra time after ninety minutes gone.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Another game ended and we are talking about VAR, make me sick.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Another game ended and we are talking about VAR, make me sick.

I think an answer may be to have a three-man VAR team and have the decison-maker verbalise what he's seeing and why he's come to the conclusion he has - then let the other two challenge him if necessary.

It's impossible to describe what Maguire's up to without concluding it's a foul and likewise, with the right pictures, it's impossible to argue that Sheffield should have had a penalty. Other than when it involves micro-measurements and professors of Geometry, I can't remember the last time the studio pundits got a call wrong after reviewing the pictures, probably because there's more than one of them and that removes the potential for an anomaly.

Amongst my fellow reds there's split opinions and we're as one eyed as it's possible to get!

I'm firmly of the belief that if you get the ball first then it's not a foul but refereeing over the past decade or so has moved on from that (and during my playing days I used to take distinct advantage of "ball first" to clatter the show ponies).

Foot on the line is "in" the box so it's just a question of whether or not you think that's a foul. If it's a foul it's a penalty and the only person whose opinion matters is the referees.

We didn't play well. We did come back from a goal down and we're a coat of paint away from a comfortable victory using a system we haven't played in the best part of 5 years.

A win, Three points, thirty two cup finals left. Moving on.

Oh and I should add in an organised boycott of the PPV match near 110000 pounds have been raised across at least two sites by Liverpool and Sheff Utd fans for Fans Supporting Foodbanks. Well in!

We got out of jail, but I will let @MrShanklysboots do his thing :)

However, spot the penalty, it’s harder than you think ^~

View attachment 514806
Left hand picture he got the ball first and it was at least a yard outside the box. Right hand picture, fcukin penalty all day long.

Oh..hang on, that's MUFC v Chelski no way was that a penalty...
Your one eyed friend.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Other then slab head getting over friendly, the MU / Chelski game was utterly boring.

I've had more excitement painting the ceiling

Latest Threads