Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Euclid

War Hero
You have been on my ignore list longer than I can remember, mostly because I always feel the urge to call you the **** that you are. That would be uncivilised of me so i keep you ignored.

However, sometimes it's good to slum it and let your standards slide.

You utter cock gargling cuntwaffle you. Bore off and do something productive, like setting yourself on fire.
Well that’s not very friendly now is it?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
You have been on my ignore list longer than I can remember, mostly because I always feel the urge to call you the **** that you are. That would be uncivilised of me so i keep you ignored.

You utter cock gargling cuntwaffle you. Bore off and do something productive, like setting yourself on fire.
If I ever offend you in way shape or form be sure to tell me.:hug:

Tough decision with that offside call.

You win some you lose some, I still can’t see what ‘active’ part of his body was offside, but thats what I get for watching on a dodgy feed :)

I am more concerned that an horrendous tackle can be completely ignored because the whistle had already been blown for offside, I still haven’t heard a rational explanation for that one yet!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently these things even themselves out - which will be nice.

At least VAR's considerable shortcomings allow one to appreciate what a great job the on-pitch officials have generally done down the years when there was just one chance to look at an incident and then call it.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Any points taken there and at Old Trafford are always good points, no matter the decade.

Sure, but whichever team you support, today's game reminds us that VAR is still very much a work in progress.

What's done is done and you win some and you lose some, but someone needs to look at the Pickford incident and rule on whether that should have been included in any review or not, and the rationale for the decision. I suspect that they only looked at the offside, which is, actually, understandable, but the tackle should have been looked at and the answer is to standardise what happens in cases like that and for everyone to agree on that standard.

As far as the result's concerned, that's football.

Sure, but whichever team you support, today's game reminds us that VAR is still very much a work in progress.

What's done is done and you win some and you lose some, but someone needs to look at the Pickford incident and rule on whether that should have been included in any review or not, and the rationale for the decision. I suspect that they only looked at the offside, which is, actually, understandable, but the tackle should have been looked at and the answer is to standardise what happens in cases like that and for everyone to agree on that standard.

As far as the result's concerned, that's football.

I have no real issue with the offside results or the overall result, Everton have gone back to the dogs of war approach :)

I have a real issue with tackles like that going unpunished because it was after the whistle or some other such nonsense. Putting team loyalties aside, if a Liverpool player had done it, I would have expected them to walk.

Not punishing it sets a dangerous president of a “free shot” after the whistle. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else on the pitch, goalies shouldn’t get away with it.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
I have a real issue with tackles like that going unpunished because it was after the whistle or some other such nonsense. Putting team loyalties aside, if a Liverpool player had done it, I would have expected them to walk.
As did Richarlison later on in the same game, for a dangerous tackle after the whistle had just gone.

Consistency, shmistency. How is one reviewable / dismissable and the other one isn't?

Is he anti Semitic like you?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I have no real issue with the offside results or the overall result, Everton have gone back to the dogs of war approach :)

Not punishing it sets a dangerous president of a “free shot” after the whistle. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else on the pitch, goalies shouldn’t get away with it.

That why I would argue that, result aside because it's done and dusted, the incident needs to be deconstructed and guidelines developed for the officials. Fundamentally, someone needs to state categorically whether the game stops at the offside/first offence or not. Today's events suggest a grey area in the VAR interpretation.

As did Richarlison later on in the same game, for a dangerous tackle after the whistle had just gone.

Consistency, shmistency. How is one reviewable / dismissable and the other one isn't?

It wasnt so much the foul that bothered me, thats all part of football, it was his antics afterwards. Ancelotti completely blanked him as he walked off the field. I suspect there will be an interview without coffee there and rightly so.

That why I would argue that, result aside because it's done and dusted, the incident needs to be deconstructed and guidelines developed for the officials. Fundamentally, someone needs to state categorically whether the game stops at the offside/first offence or not. Today's events suggest a grey area in the VAR interpretation.

Absolutely, United got a penalty at Brighton after the final whistle , which was right in my opinion. Yet Pickford flies in recklessly and gets no punishment.

If the offside is the correct decision, it isn’t a penalty, but Pickford should be walking.

Maybe the referee thought, well VVD made two crunching tackles in the first 10 minutes and got away with it, so he had it coming to him.

That said, I've not seen the tackle Pickford made on VVD yet. Maybe after I've watched it on MOTD tonight I'll be amongst those queuing up to fire bomb Pickford's house...

Maybe the referee thought, well VVD made two crunching tackles in the first 10 minutes and got away with it, so he had it coming to him.

That said, I've not seen the tackle Pickford made on VVD yet. Maybe after I've watched it on MOTD tonight I'll be amongst those queuing up to fire bomb Pickford's house...

I dont have any photos of the actual attack tackle, but this is a fair representation of Pickford going in on Virgil.

1602964749052.jpeg

Latest Threads