Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
My thoughts:

Formation of a cartel of 6 - 10 "super clubs" who will dominate English football financially.

These will dominate TV rights and dictate the formation of leagues and intellectual / TV / broadcast rights to everyone else

The rest can wither on the vine as long as the money keeps rolling in for the big clubs.

Summay: money talks and the more you can screw out of the fans, the better.
The tv rights will be a bad thing as with no competition they will put the prices up and up and up.
Liverpool v Utd, £25? Look at boxing on Sky Sports Box Office, now that’s a bloody rip off on top of the subscriptions they want you to fork out, what £18 to watch a fight that may well be a bore fest or all over in 60 seconds.
I suppose it’s cheaper than going to the match itself but honestly I think this tv rights is a rip off to far.
There is only a handful of clubs now who dominate the PL, Liverpool on the pitch, City, On and off the pitch, Utd, well and truly OFF THE FECKING PITCH!!

I have strayed over here from the rugby thread because my son is an avid Liverpool fan. I have told him this year not to expect the usual team shirt for Christmas. He says it's a rip off and he doesn't like the new shirt anyway (what's with the green trim?)
Sadly rugby is now following football in the merchandising stakes, in order to pay the increasing player wages (If you want to see blatant marketing, look at Bristol's new jersey!) The upshot of Covid-19 is spoorts teams are not generating enough income through the turnstiles, so they have put prices up in the club shop. If the fans stop buying the clubs will have to rethink. Sadly it will be the smaller clubs that will be effected the most.
The premier clubs in all sports should be seriously thinking about cutting player wages and spending the money on grass roots and lower divisions, without whom the game will die.
Anyway, back to the rugby thread.
The Welsh rugby team appear to like the new Liverpool kit!

1602935348673.png

I am struggling to comprehend how Pickford is still on the pitch after committing Common assault on Virgil!

The only thing missing with that challenge was a chair coming in from ringside.

Ritch

LE
I'm not watching the match as I'm in a hospital bed but just got a phone call from my old man telling me the score was 1-1. About ten minutes later he rings back and goes:

"Mo Farah's scored!"
I asked him if he meant Mo Salah but he said "Nah, that bloke does the long distance running."

You can tell he's not into his sports.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Sounded a cracker that match. Great decision by VAR.:slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Utterly stunned, I can't believe that no action was taken, offside or no offside.
Well there was a decision made in injury time.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I am struggling to comprehend how Pickford is still on the pitch after committing Common assault on Virgil!
Well if he went off injured as a result of common assault then he’s a poofta.
I expect no player to go off unless he is at least a victim of an ABH.

Everton were hanging on for a draw in the end, that‘s pretty sad for any football team playing at home.

Euclid

War Hero
The VAR decision will give Liverpool fans something else to feel victimised about. Might stop them banging on about Covid for a few minutes.

I suppose it’s karma for the dubious way in which they won the champions league.

The VAR decision will give Liverpool fans something else to feel victimised about. Might stop them banging on about Covid for a few minutes.

I suppose it’s karma for the dubious way in which they won the champions league.

As long as it annoys people like you it's well worth it ^~

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Everton were hanging on for a draw in the end, that‘s pretty sad for any football team playing at home.
I wish Utd did last weekend.

Latest Threads