Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Looks like Hoever is going to Wolves for £10m. didn’t he only cost about £90k a couple of years back?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
He seems quite skillful. Always wary of highlight videos (esp. after Keita took so long to get going), but Thiago looks pretty silky on the ball.

Everything I've read is positive but the signature that will make the difference for Liverpool this season is the one that allows the fans back into the ground.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
No messing about with this signing, what was it 24, 48 hrs of him been linked with you and bang, deal done. Everything done on the quiet as it should be.
Oh how I long for a boardroom like yours at Utd.

Everything I've read is positive but the signature that will make the difference for Liverpool this season is the one that allows the fans back into the ground.

That’s out of Liverpool’s hands.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That’s out of Liverpool’s hands.

It is, but the team just doesn't look the same without the crowd to draw on. I doubt the Leeds game would have been so close in normal times.

Diogo Jota eh?

35 million is pricy but I'd suggest that says there's deals out there for the likes of Wilson, Brewster Shaquiri and Origi.

23 too. 16 PL goals over two seasons but let's wait and see what he looks like after Jurgens had him on the Steaks.

Diogo Jota eh?

35 million is pricy but I'd suggest that says there's deals out there for the likes of Wilson, Brewster Shaquiri and Origi.

23 too. 16 PL goals over two seasons but let's wait and see what he looks like after Jurgens had him on the Steaks.

It would be a shame to see Origi go. He always seems to make a massive contribution when things are going pear* shaped.

*For any Manchester United supporters reading this thread, this is a pear (it’s a fruit).
1600462473774.png

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It would be a shame to see Origi go. He always seems to make a massive contribution when things are going pear* shaped.

*For any Manchester United supporters reading this thread, this is a pear (it’s a fruit).
View attachment 505509
For any plastic scousers look in the mirror.

Thats a Cnut that is.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Some outlets reporting Jota deal all but done, but after the Lemar deal was pulled after the medical in 2017, I don't count chickens until they're grinning on the website holding a pen.

If Jota comes in, that might sound the death knell for Origi. Jota's two footed but usually plays on the left for Wolves, so may be intended primarily as rotation for Mane. I like what I've noticed of him - likes taking people on, skillful with both feet, drives forward, draws a lot of fouls. I've read that he likes to press too.

From a few clips this morning, I thought he was left-footed but apparently he is stronger on his right.

Either way - I would have preferred Werner, but am amazed that Liverpool are apparently spending £40m + £5m bonuses on what looks like a pretty adequate alternative.

I was honestly resigned to us signing nobody else after Tsimikas, from all the noises coming out of the club about finances. Now it looks like we might be making a second significant signing in 24hrs. Although it appears we have lost Ki-Jana Hoever in the opposite direction for about £9m, and there are likely to be a couple of other departures before the window closes.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Some outlets reporting Jota deal all but done, but after the Lemar deal was pulled after the medical in 2017, I don't count chickens until they're grinning on the website holding a pen.

If Jota comes in, that might sound the death knell for Origi. Jota's two footed but usually plays on the left for Wolves, so may be intended primarily as rotation for Mane. I like what I've noticed of him - likes taking people on, skillful with both feet, drives forward, draws a lot of fouls. I've read that he likes to press too.

From a few clips this morning, I thought he was left-footed but apparently he is stronger on his right.

Either way - I would have preferred Werner, but am amazed that Liverpool are apparently spending £40m + £5m bonuses on what looks like a pretty adequate alternative.

I was honestly resigned to us signing nobody else after Tsimikas, from all the noises coming out of the club about finances. Now it looks like we might be making a second significant signing in 24hrs. Although it appears we have lost Ki-Jana Hoever in the opposite direction for about £9m, and there are likely to be a couple of other departures before the window closes.

I think the Liverpool set-up has proved itself and everything I've read says that they've done smart business. It seems that the real prize of success (and having a shit hot manager) is not the silverware but the players it gives you access to.

I do like the speed and efficiency of the signings though and I'm not surprised that there's a degree of envy about how we've gone about it from some quarters. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all beds down.

RBMK

LE
Not 100% sure about Jota. But if he's consistent then it will be good as he can probably cover for any of the front 3.

I hear that Lallana is injured again. That's a shame and I feel for him. He was our best player a few years ago.

RBMK

LE
This is something for Everton supporters to be cheerful about:
1600603146492.png

Shame we're not even two games into the season.

This is something for Everton supporters to be cheerful about:
View attachment 505859

Shame we're not even two games into the season.

And Woy is in third place, they’re on for the CL :)

Really pleased for Woy that he managed to chalk up a 3-1 Victory at OT. Not so much because I admire the very definition of mediocrity (that incredulously we replaced Rafa Benitez of all people with), but because of the stinging bitter taste that it must have left in the mouths of his opponents. Well done Woy. I don’t say that very often.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Okay, so we only have 3 x CBs and Fabinho is now starting at CB. People have spoken about it as a potential solution, and Thiago ability to play the 6 (in future games) means we wouldn't lose as much taking Fabinho out of the DM.

So the DS question is: Does a back 4 of Trent, Fabinho, VVD and Robbo behind Thiago in the 6 make sense going forward? Or should we be pushing to sign a fourth CB?

Bearing in mind the sheer tempo of games which are being played, I still want to see us buy another CB. However, having Fabinho play CB against weaker sides who sit back could actually be a sensible option - he's a far better passer than Gomez...

Answers to be submitted before the Chelsea game, not with the benefit of hindsight! :)

RBMK

LE
We've needed another CB for several years.

I personally never rated Matip or Lovren very highly.

That said, Fabby is capable of doing the job if not the No.1 choice.

Personally I don't want to see Fabinho back there permanently but the purse strings might dictate otherwise for now.

Thiago was great Wannee! Slotted in and immediately started dictating the shape of play. That said it has to be easier against 10.

Anyway. Three points. Thirty six Cup finals left.

Moving on.

Latest Threads