Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
As far as I can see, the Messi proposition involves spending gazillions and losing at least a season's progress by turning a team upside down to accommodate an old codger and then spending gazillions more the season after that in order to fill the vacuum and rebuild the team when he's hobbled off to China.

He may sell a few shirts, but unless he takes a massive pay cut and leaves on a free, he's the ultimate footballing white elephant (and therefore, almost certainly, ManU's next signing).

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Decent game.

Very good start to the new season:1:

:wave:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a friendly. Not even counted as a competitive match.

That said I'm sure we wanted to win it given the side we played and we ran them into the ground.

Given Klopp appears to be looking seriously at 4231 as an alternative shape that means we have a Midfielder to find, and we need a CB that's not made of Twiglets to back up Gomez / VVD as Fabinho is needed further forward.

Not overly disappointed, let's see what the international break brings by way of injuries.

2 penalties? Leeds are back then, doing what they do best, dirty tykes

RBMK

LE
It's like Klopp's first season all over again.
Lace curtain defence but score one goal more than the opposition.
Enjoyable game though.

It's like Klopp's first season all over again.
Lace curtain defence but score one goal more than the opposition.
Enjoyable game though.
Then it’s a bit too Jurgen Keegan for me. I prefer a sound thrashing of the opposition.

Pleased for Salah following more than a few negative comments over the past few weeks,hat trick and another unluckily disallowed.

Pleasing enough start, I never thought it would be any other result at any stage, we went to sleep after each time we scored, but we ran them ragged at times up front.

Same as last year, newly promoted footballing side, that had absolutely nothing to lose having a punt. Like Norwich, let’s see where they are in December.

Same with us, we have a tricky start, let’s see where we are 5 games in, but 3 points from a tricky game, as I said, pleasing start.

TamH70

MIA
Good result for Salah. Hat-trick and a disallowed goal? I'd take that if I was him.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Same as last year, newly promoted footballing side, that had absolutely nothing to lose having a punt. Like Norwich, let’s see where they are in December.

From yesterday's performance, I think Leeds are more likely to resemble Wolves coming up, than Norwich. Very impressive in the press, and will cause some teams even more problems than they caused us. I can see them getting some very easy goals this season, on pressing and regaining possession high up the pitch.

From yesterday's performance, I think Leeds are more likely to resemble Wolves coming up, than Norwich. Very impressive in the press, and will cause some teams even more problems than they caused us. I can see them getting some very easy goals this season, on pressing and regaining possession high up the pitch.

Time will tell, I am not quite convinced most teams will be as cavalier against them as we where yesterday :)

Time will tell, I am not quite convinced most teams will be as cavalier against them as we where yesterday :)

They also find that with VAR they can’t go around kicking players off the park like they are used to.

Lampard scoffing at LFC big spending on Van Dyke and Allison,conveniently forgetting money came from sale of Coutinho.

Our one season wonder hasn’t done too badly has he :)

Premier League goals and assists since the start of the 2017/18 season:
104 Salah
86 Sterling
76 Kane
75 Aguero
73 Vardy
67 Aubameyang

Latest Threads