Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Some mug will pay it.

Usually me when the boy is constantly droning in my ear about it.
At least it won’t cost you an arm AND a leg. Every cloud.

O Zangado

War Hero
Champions' League winners. Liverpool 6, Scum 3, Forest 2, Celtic 1, and Citeh still a big, fat, fekkin' ZERO

E2A Mea culpa - Apparently I missed de Villa and Chelski (one each) to the sides with a better European record than Citeh. Apologies :rolleyes:.

OZ

Last edited:

Oops

War Hero
I can only image young Master Sterling didn't sleep too well last night......

"Talk us through that gaping goalmouth opportunity to level the deficit once again Raheem."

"Good job you're at a Big Trophy Winning Club matey!"

Joseph Gomes.

World Club Cup winner
Champions League winner
Premier League winner

Champions' League winners. Liverpool 6, Scum 3, Forest 2, Celtic 1, and Citeh still a big, fat, fekkin' ZERO

OZ
You forgot to remind citeh that even de villa have won more than them

What a ball bouncingly fantastic weekend of football :)

It's been a fùcking great weekend of football for Liverpool.

And we haven't kicked a ball.

Incidentally, Yernited are the first English team to lose an Fa Cup, League cup and European Semi final in the same season.

Oles at the wheel!

RBMK

War Hero
Opening matches of 20/21

Crystal Palace v Southampton (12 Sep)
Fulham v Arsenal (12 Sep)
Liverpool v Leeds United (12 Sep)
Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (12 Sep)
West Bromwich Albion v Leicester City (12 Sep)
West Ham United v Newcastle United (12 Sep)
Brighton v Chelsea (14 Sep)
Sheffield United v Wolves (14 Sep)
Burnley v Manchester United (later date)
Manchester City v Aston Villa (later date)

Followed by Cheski away

Derby matches:
17 October - Everton v Liverpool
20 February - Liverpool v Everton

Oops

War Hero
Nah, more of this.....
None of yet Metrosexual moisturisers those days
( I reckon it got Keegan his Brut contract though)
I don't think Salah would come out from under the duvet...
Sadio a bit like Highway, they'd have to catch him first. Eta.
Phil Boersma was the first autograph I ever got in the days when you picked a flash car parked outside the Players entrance and hoped... ( I picked a Capri!)

Nah, more of this.....
None of yet Metrosexual moisturisers those days
( I reckon it got Keegan his Brut contract though)
I don't think Salah would come out from under the duvet...
Sadio a bit like Highway, they'd have to catch him first. Eta.
Phil Boersma was the first autograph I ever got in the days when you picked a flash car parked outside the Players entrance and hoped... ( I picked a Capri!)
Can you imagine the current crop of players trying to play with them, it'd be fecking hilarious!

In fairness, most of that era would be perma-banned under today's standards.

Oops

War Hero
Where we ( used to!) sit in the Annie Rd end, a couple of well dressed owd fellas walk past half an hour prior to kick off....
One has a full head of silver hair, and walks unmolested through the majority of the punters...
Imagine Player of the Year doing that nowadays...
One or two round me were surprised to know he played nearly 100 more games than Carragher, was only EVER booked once, AND played in the World Cup Winning Team of '66.

They talk about Anfield Royalty....

Ian Callaghan MBE.

If he could play amongst that carnage, for 800 odd games and get neither seriously injured or sent off, he could play.

syrup

LE
Where we ( used to!) sit in the Annie Rd end, a couple of well dressed owd fellas walk past half an hour prior to kick off....
One has a full head of silver hair, and walks unmolested through the majority of the punters...
Imagine Player of the Year doing that nowadays...
One or two round me were surprised to know he played nearly 100 more games than Carragher, was only EVER booked once, AND played in the World Cup Winning Team of '66.

They talk about Anfield Royalty....

Ian Callaghan MBE.

If he could play amongst that carnage, for 800 odd games and get neither seriously injured or sent off, he could play.

Don't forget the pitches, ploughed fields most of them.
More sand than grass during the winter.
Most of todays players would injure themselves on that type of surface.
Most games the ref used to have to count twelve paces to find the penalty spot if a kick needed to be taken.

Oops

War Hero
The current crop of players would be down flat on their face just trying to carry Tommy Smith's 'Tache
As I was typing , I actually thought ' No wonder you never got kicked , if 'Iron' was minding your back....'

To be fair , I always had a grudging respect for Allan Clarke, dunno why particularly, I remember him scoring more than his fair share, but he seemed to be able to 'put it about a bit, too'
ETA.
Probably also because he managed to get Grandad incandescent with rage and fury whenever he was ont'telly...
" Long haired, Yorkie Puff...." or summat like, dunno what mortal sin he'd ever inflicted upon him, but
'Any enemy of my enemy.......' an all that...was good enough for me!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't forget the pitches, ploughed fields most of them.
More sand than grass during the winter.
Most of todays players would injure themselves on that type of surface.
Most games the ref used to have to count twelve paces to find the penalty spot if a kick needed to be taken.

I must have missed something the last week or so........why the absence of TAA?

Latest Threads