Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Well that's it. Dropped 15 points all season and that's due to City.

You heard me. The standard you have to set against this City side is high 90s to even run them close and we beat last year's target.

So, thanks City. Because of you we won the league.

Next season's targets? Don't know, but this 5 subs thing plays right into the hands of Chelsea, City et al, those with benches that are full of first teamers outside of the top 4.

Liverpool's squad is (and I'm aware this is a relative concept) thin and was in need of a nip and a tick here and there before we lost our fourth choice centreback and a couple of midfielders.

There's business to be done at both Left and Centre back (hence thinking Lloyd Jones at Bournemouth might be a target) midfield if only to boost the numbers and the uncomfortable truth is that Divock Origi (peace be upon his beautiful visage) is too much of a drop off from the front three.

Which leads me to (in a relegation special) Buendia at Norwich and Sar at Watford.

Obviously they all need to pass the "he'd better not be a bellend" test that Klopp likes but they all strike.me as able to fit the systems that Klopp likes, just a question of fitness and attitude.

The problem is, who is there who raises the bar from Origi but would be happy to spend much of the season warming a bench as opposed to getting regular first team football elsewhere (in itself a professional choice that would seem anathema to Klopp's high-intensity 'mentality monster' philosophy)?

The problem is, who is there who raises the bar from Origi but would be happy to spend much of the season warming a bench as opposed to getting regular first team football elsewhere (in itself a professional choice that would seem anathema to Klopp's high-intensity 'mentality monster' philosophy)?

Go deep in one cup and the CL and you're guaranteed 15 to 20 starts and another 15 or so as a sub with 5 subs (which I think the PL will adopt).

Any mentality monster looking to displace one of the front 3 would back themselves to make an impression given that many starts. There's also the chance of injury etc, our biggest issue is going to be finding a player at a price we like. Whoever he is won't be the finished article. I don't see a move for Mbappe for instance!

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Go deep in one cup and the CL and you're guaranteed 15 to 20 starts and another 15 or so as a sub with 5 subs (which I think the PL will adopt).

Any mentality monster looking to displace one of the front 3 would back themselves to make an impression given that many starts. There's also the chance of injury etc, our biggest issue is going to be finding a player at a price we like. Whoever he is won't be the finished article. I don't see a move for Mbappe for instance!

Minamino looked good on Sunday. Curtis Jones is gonna feature more next year, although not sure whether in midfield or as one of the flanking forwards. Wilson is back from loan, but I doubt he or Elliott will play major roles next season. Good backup though.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go budget for a back-up LB, bank on Hoever to replace Lovren as 4th choice, promote another academy grad or two... make no major purchases... and still compete for the league again, although unlikely to replicate the points total of the last two seasons.

Things will be closer next season, with City, United and Chelsea all planning to splash the cash. United only got 2/3 as many points as us, and that must have hurt; they will be desperate to spend their way closer to the top.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
New Nike kit leaked online:

1596031363939.png

All I can say is I'm glad I bought this season's shirt. What's with the turquoise stripe?

Makes me think of Steve McManaman and reminds me a bit of one of the old Carlsberg shirts, but I can't think which one.

Tell us Never?

What?

Tell us never to eat yellow snow?

Tell us never to buy the Scouse pie off the concourse?

Fùck off with shit phrases that make no sense.

RBMK

War Hero
New Nike kit leaked online:

View attachment 493223

All I can say is I'm glad I bought this season's shirt. What's with the turquoise stripe?

Makes me think of Steve McManaman and reminds me a bit of one of the old Carlsberg shirts, but I can't think which one.
Kit designers need to do something to justify their pay.
Alternatively, it's just another rip-off to get people to pay £75 for a replica a hundred quid for a SHIRT FFS.

A hundred quid for the basic shirt, plus £13 for a couple of patches and £15 for name and number. So you could end up paying £128 all up. That is beyond ridiculous.

A hundred quid for the basic shirt, plus £13 for a couple of patches and £15 for name and number. So you could end up paying £128 all up. That is beyond ridiculous.

In fairness the fan shirt is £70. You're pricing for a player replica.

Still absolutely eye watering but they're selling like hot cakes by all accounts.

If you wanted to get Junior a full kit it's a hundred and odd quid. Mental money.

I have never bought a replica football shirt in my life (although I have bought a couple of rugby shirts over the years). If I did want to buy one for my own club - Colchester United - it would cost me the princely sum of £45 for next year’s shirt. However, I won’t be investing my hard earned cash. I rarely go to watch them anyway (I live in the midlands).

Some mug will pay it.

Usually me when the boy is constantly droning in my ear about it.

I have never bought a replica football shirt in my life (although I have bought a couple of rugby shirts over the years). If I did want to buy one for my own club - Colchester United - it would cost me the princely sum of £45 for next year’s shirt. However, I won’t be investing my hard earned cash. I rarely go to watch them anyway (I live in the midlands).

Ive probably spent £1000s on shirts over the years, my lad collects them. To be fair he does look after and cherish them. It’s not just LFC shirts, baseball, ice hockey and other nations league teams. The golden rule is he has to visit the city before he can have the kit.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
My missus bought me last season's shirt for my birthday in May, when it was on sale in the LFC shop for £30. They were trying to get rid of the last of the New Balance stock before the Nike deal.

Sale went on right to the end of July. Frickin' bargain :)

You can still pick one up on the New Balance website for £39, or even cheaper elsewhere (if you want to put your money in Mike Ashley's pocket).

1596567033861.png

edited to add that the colour on that picture looks horrible. This is a more accurate representation:

1596567392783.png

As John Bishop said,,,,,fellers in football shirts on holiday,their idea of dressing for dinner is put the away strip on.

RBMK

War Hero
Considering that they're made in Malaysia by people paid $2.50 per day....

Everton shirts £70 printed with player's name for short sleeve, £75 for long sleeve

But if you want eye watering:

Man City UEFA cup shirt ---- £115
Ordinary home shirt £80 short or £85 long.

Utter fvcking madness.

Get you in your 100 quid shirts. We didn’t even make it past the first round playoffs !!

Get you in your 100 quid shirts. We didn’t even make it past the first round playoffs !!

You can get cheaper ones, but there’s a world of difference in the quality. I buy a few of the top notch ones a year.

Latest Threads