The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

RBMK

Old-Salt
OK, £1.8M per week loss for 3 months = £21.6M loss of straight income from ticket receipts.

Adding up to probably more than a £30M loss.

Which is at least one good player.

OK, £1.8M per week loss for 3 months = £21.6M loss of straight income from ticket receipts.

And we made 42m profit in a season where we came second and won the CL.

So we'll make a loss this season. That's before we start thinking about buys and the only way we get money to do that is sell. In a depressed market where no one is sure of value.

I think you'll see lots of trading players plus small cash pots which lessens the up front monetary risk and theoretically you'll know the player so that's less of a risk.

Edited to add that the last set of accounts had us at 5th largest wage bill but performance bonuses may well have bumped that up.

Oops

War Hero
Plus, if you're buying first teamers....
They've gotta be better than what you've already got..
'The Kids' look fine to me, they'll add to em cheaply enough...
Shaq,Lallana et al are the ones looking surplus, but it's not how much are they worth, it's how much to swap?
Nobody knows that answer just yet, and Edwards and Co. don't seem to be keen to be the trend setters in this excersise.
I'd trade em for DeBruyne though, he'd get a starting place.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC

Blimey, I hope you're not an accountant. Or a maths teacher. Or a shopkeeper.

When the season was suspended, we had four remaining home games. We did not lose X per week for 3 months. We lost X times 4.

£7.2m is still a good player, if you get a bargain like Robbo. But let's not get carried away about the loss of income from ticket receipts, eh? ;)

I wonder how much de bruyne will cost when city lose their appeal.

I wonder how much de bruyne will cost when city lose their appeal.
He's 29 now, not sure he fits the profile that we'd look to recruit, especially for big money. But I would think if he's looking for a move, it would have to be to be to a CL club, which somewhat narrows the field in England, at least. He can't really go to MUFC either, even if they scrape the last position. Can't see him going to Sheffield, Leicester, or Wolves either. If he's on the move, I would expect it to be outside the UK.

I would like to see Adama Traore here,young,very powerful and breaks back 4 line.

As John Barnes was born in Jamaica, thought would put in this thread. The guy who was on £10K/week and injured when unemployment in Liverpool was high and increasing. Yesterday he uses mersey tunnels and didn't get his 20p change Quote from his twitter

"He took my £2 but said he can’t give change... how can you handle money but not give out change?", followed by an angry-face emoji.

He can't have spent all his Liverpool wages on pies.

As John Barnes was born in Jamaica, thought would put in this thread. The guy who was on £10K/week and injured when unemployment in Liverpool was high and increasing. Yesterday he uses mersey tunnels and didn't get his 20p change Quote from his twitter

"He took my £2 but said he can’t give change... how can you handle money but not give out change?", followed by an angry-face emoji.

He can't have spent all his Liverpool wages on pies.

He still could have used a contactless card apparently, I know it's only 20p, I dont know what he's moaning about.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
He still could have used a contactless card apparently, I know it's only 20p, I dont know what he's moaning about.
He was on telly with Micah Richards the other day and, between them, they treated the audience to a diatribe about how our evil and profoundly racist country oppressed them mercilessly and made them millionaires (though they didn't actually mention the last bit).

Fire4effect

Old-Salt
Any season ticket holders on the thread have a full understanding of the implications of the latest announcement about season tickets? I can’t get to as many games as I used to so, maybe half of them, so a few trusted friends use mine when I can’t go. Unsurprisingly the LFC site’s crashed!

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any season ticket holders on the thread have a full understanding of the implications of the latest announcement about season tickets? I can’t get to as many games as I used to so, maybe half of them, so a few trusted friends use mine when I can’t go. Unsurprisingly the LFC site’s crashed!

I

Yeah I saw that, the email about the Fan Update thing. I've been in a similar position for a few years now, and an old workmates of mine uses it all the time. He registers for the Auto Enrollment Scheme for all the Cup Competitions etc.

I've just completed the fan update page on the LFC site, took several goes at it before I got in to update my details and you have to upload a form of Photo ID. I think they have done this to stop random people turning up at the Ticket Office to buy or collect Cup Match tickets using someone else's Fan Card.

My mate will need a letter from me in future authorising him to collect tickets. I'll renew the ticket in my name, he'll pay me.

I'm sure the club know some people hold several fan cards, but up to now have turned a blind eye to it. They look as if they are giving the opportunity for people to register the ticket in their name, but the ownership remains with the original person who owns it.

Fire4effect

Old-Salt
Yeah I saw that, the email about the Fan Update thing. I've been in a similar position for a few years now, and an old workmates of mine uses it all the time. He registers for the Auto Enrollment Scheme for all the Cup Competitions etc.

I've just completed the fan update page on the LFC site, took several goes at it before I got in to update my details and you have to upload a form of Photo ID. I think they have done this to stop random people turning up at the Ticket Office to buy or collect Cup Match tickets using someone else's Fan Card.

My mate will need a letter from me in future authorising him to collect tickets. I'll renew the ticket in my name, he'll pay me.

I'm sure the club know some people hold several fan cards, but up to now have turned a blind eye to it. They look as if they are giving the opportunity for people to register the ticket in their name, but the ownership remains with the original person who owns it.
Cheers,

Can’t get the thing to work at the moment so I’ll wait for the rush to subside

Understandably there’s no way I want to let it out of my name. Can you register other users directly with the club this way to save having to provide letters? I always register for the auto cup things and whoever uses it just subs me for the particular game. Like you I paid for the ticket myself but this season one oppo paid me half share and we’ve just evened things up for the odd game.

Cheers,

Can’t get the thing to work at the moment so I’ll wait for the rush to subside

Understandably there’s no way I want to let it out of my name. Can you register other users directly with the club this way to save having to provide letters? I always register for the auto cup things and whoever uses it just subs me for the particular game. Like you I paid for the ticket myself but this season one oppo paid me half share and we’ve just evened things up for the odd game.

PM On it's way

Made up with result and performance last night,think they have got their mojo back and are going for that 100 point record.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads