The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

RBMK

War Hero
We were awful.
It looked like the back 4 had forgotten how to defend.

We were awful.
It looked like the back 4 had forgotten how to defend.
Roger that, what was Gomez doing thinking he could get away with what he was doing to Sterling? Schoolboy stuff that.

Could've understood it if we had played the youngsters from the start, but that was our full strength team. The VAR decision to overrule their 5th goal was shocking, it should have stood which would have been even more embarrassing.
In case you didn’t get the memo, the season finished last week.

Liverpool won :)

In case you didn’t get the memo, the season finished last week.

Liverpool won :)
Yeah I know, but we are never satisfied with just winning most of the time, we want to see Liverpool winning all of the time. We didn't look the same team that played against Crystal Palace, I know there are differences between the two, but stil....

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Weird watching that. I have genuinely never felt less bothered about losing a match (except friendlies).

Got to the end and I just felt like: "ah well". We were outplayed, and that happens sometimes. They played well.

And when you see that team beat us 4-0, and realise that we are 20pts ahead of them in the table with broken records lying around... it just emphasises how frigging awesome Liverpool have been this season. :)

City played well,we didn't,I am sure if the league was still up for grabs,you would have seen a different performance.

Oops

War Hero
Pretty sure you'll be deprived from our regional ITV program tonight @CAARPS .
'European Cup Winners'
Documentary for those of a 'certain age' it seems like only yesterday.....

I've seen every major team since play 1973 onwards...
Today's lot are special, obviously,
but a team of
Clemence, The 3Jocks, 2 Kennedys, Neale Thompson, Heighway, Case/ Lee and one of my favourites of all time Terry Mc.
Super Sub Fairclough
Managed by Bob Paisley
Bloody Hell, you've some team.
Then or now.....

Bayern
Real
Borussia
St Etienne
Roma......

Sh*t 'em.
Ps.
Barry Davies commentating, class above anyone before or since.
Anyone wanna argue?

'European Cup Winners'

but a team of
Clemence, The 3Jocks, 2 Kennedys, Neale Thompson, Heighway, Case/ Lee and one of my favourites of all time Terry Mc.
Super Sub Fairclough
Managed by Bob Paisley
Then or now.....

Bayern
Real
Borussia
St Etienne
Roma......

Sh*t 'em.
Ps.
Anyone wanna argue?
One of the disadvantages of being Southern based is regional TV talking about Southampton, Bournemouth, Swindon, Reading etc :)

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Random post, but on other chat forums I have seen many fans clamouring for Jurgen to give sub appearances to the likes of Harvey Elliott, Neco Williams, Curtis Jones etc - in order for them to reach 5 appearances and qualify for a PL medal.

Just to clarify - the winning team are awarded 40 medals. From the Premier League website:

"They can be distributed to the manager, players and officials as the club see fit, as long as every player who has made at least five PL appearances this season gets one."

We currently have about 21 players who have played 5 or more times in the PL. So if anybody was - please stop worrying; the youngsters in the first team squad will get a medal, along with backroom staff.

Last edited:

syrup

LE
'European Cup Winners'

but a team of
Super Sub Fairclough
Managed by Bob Paisley
Then or now.....

Bayern
Real
Borussia
St Etienne
Roma......

Sh*t 'em.
Ps.
Anyone wanna argue?
Can I suggest three programmes to catch up on over on ITV 4
Brian Moore meets Kevin Keegan
Keegan explains how he was on £22k per year at Liverpool and was offered £122k per year to play in Germany.
In fairness to Kev him and the wife are wandering round chatting in German to the locals.

When English teams ruled Europe
Liverpool, Forrest and Villa playing and winning in Europe.

The Big Match revisited
It's on early 1977 these last few episodes.
Keegan era Liverpool
Moore describing the pitch in excellent condition with 2 ton if sand on it and the 18 yard box like the Somme
Keepers without gloves and catching the ball.
Genuine fouls where the player just gets back up
The magic bucket and sponge.
Yorkshire T.V's Martin Tyler constantly calling Middlesbrough number 4 and Sky tv colleague Graham Souness - Sowniss

Today the ref told Alan Ball to apologise to the linesman for swearing at him when flagged offside

Last edited:

RBMK

War Hero
And another win under the belt
89 points on the board, fifteen still available.
The ride continues.

Three points to the reigning English, European, European Super and World Champions.

Played like drains and won. Mark of Champions.

Which we are.

Five Cup Finals left. Moving on.

Made up for Curtis Jones.

Oops

War Hero
Made up for Curtis Jones.
Was stood watching the end of the City vs Newcastle (?) match early in the season on a screen under the Annie road stand...( Seems like a lifetime away) before we played Brighton ??.. we were bloody awful and it was bloody cold and windy I remember that bit well!
Anyway, theres about twenty or thirty crowded round watching the telly, me and daughter #2 stood at back, peering through bodies when they equalised late on.. big cheer.. raised arms and high fives.. daughter turns to bloke who's stood next to her, funnily enough wearing one of those grey training kits just like the players wear......
Curtis J stood watching, just like any other run of the mill fan, just as normal, just as happily involved...
He got another No1 fan that day

He ain't half a lanky sod, his stupid hair cut must take him past 7 ft!

With that City result last night we needn't have come back after lockdown. That's how good we are this season.

City have that horrible knack of losing matches they should stroll after a big win that we had under Rafa and Brendog. Long may it continue.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
With that City result last night we needn't have come back after lockdown. That's how good we are this season.

City have that horrible knack of losing matches they should stroll after a big win that we had under Rafa and Brendog. Long may it continue.
In a similar vein, hopefully Klopp will use the remaining games to acclimatise the team to the new levels of expectation and difficulty and we'll avoid a Man City-like drop-off at the start of next season. Last night was not easy on the eye.

In a similar vein, hopefully Klopp will use the remaining games to acclimatise the team to the new levels of expectation and difficulty and we'll avoid a Man City-like drop-off at the start of next season. Last night was not easy on the eye.
It's not supposed to be. In fact I think there's some sort of collective amnesia going on here. For every battering we have handed out there's been three wins by the odd goal.

We haven't been a free flowing attacking side since 17-18, we are a much more pragmatic sure than that these days. Because when you come out and play football we tend to batter you. Unless you're still half pissed like and then we get battered.

And we'd better get used to this side because I don't think we will buy anyone, we simply don't have the money.

And we'd better get used to this side because I don't think we will buy anyone, we simply don't have the money.
There must be people queuing up to throw money at you, shirley?

With the last couple of seasons, and all you have won, and the style in which you did it, and with the personality of Klopp, I thought there would be big money coming in from everywhere, with sponsorship deals and the like?

RBMK

War Hero
40,000 ticket sales per week at average £25 per ticket is £1,000,000 per week loss of income for the past 3 months. That's £12M loss. I may have under-estimated the average ticket price paid.

Plus, as I understand it, there has also been a drop off in sales of replica kits, memorabilia etc which is also big income for the club.

There has also been a fall off in advertising as this is related to matches and TV appearances and therefore I expect that the total loss to the club has been in the order of £20M for the 3 months of lockdown.

40,000 ticket sales per week at average £25 per ticket is £1,000,000 per week loss of income for the past 3 months. That's £12M loss. I may have under-estimated the average ticket price paid.

Plus, as I understand it, there has also been a drop off in sales of replica kits, memorabilia etc which is also big income for the club.

There has also been a fall off in advertising as this is related to matches and TV appearances and therefore I expect that the total loss to the club has been in the order of £20M for the 3 months of lockdown.
Ahem...Try an average ticket price of £45.00 a ticket and re-calculate..

Latest Threads