The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Well given it was done at the request of the players (and theres quite a few ones on that picture who are several shades darker than, say Andy Robertson) and we are an American owned club, I'd say the players got their shit in a sock and made a gesture that they knew would resonate around the world but especially in the US.

And it's worked. Oh, and it didnt appear on the official stuff until the players had been plastering it all over their own social media. Taking a knee appears to be the gesture of Solidarity this particular murder of a black man by law enforcement has adopted.

The fact that it appears to have got right up your nose is deeply satisfying and undoubtedly the reaction that shows it's working in all the right demographics.
.....of course it was done at the request of the players.... they need their Instagram moments for the home audience... not sure the demographic of any Liverpool supporters in the States will necessarily be buying players shirts as a result of this virtue signalling stunt... the bunch of stunts..
But if you believe that guff you spouted about it resonating around the world crack on.

Thought I'd post this here as it will just get lost in a flood of 'George Floyd' and US riots posts, but this bit of virtue signalling made my mouth fill with sick...

When did 'Taking a knee' become a thing on this side of The Pond and wtf has the death of a man in Minneapolis got to do with Liverpool, or football? How many clubs will copy this nonsense? Nauseating Instagram fuckwittery...
Because the chap in the US was involved in an act of criminality so what could you expect from a bunch of footballers who probably never go into Liverpoo city centre. Not one of them is from Liverpool so let them have their "Rights"...but don't forget Heysel. Or the poor bugger in America. :cool:

Because the chap in the US was involved in an act of criminality so what could you expect from a bunch of footballers who probably never go into Liverpoo city centre. Not one of them is from Liverpool so let them have their "Rights"...but don't forget Heysel. Or the poor bugger in America. :cool:
Trent Alexander-Arnold and Curtis Jones are from Liverpool. Off the top of my head.

.....of course it was done at the request of the players.... they need their Instagram moments for the home audience... not sure the demographic of any Liverpool supporters in the States will necessarily be buying players shirts as a result of this virtue signalling stunt... the bunch of stunts..
But if you believe that guff you spouted about it resonating around the world crack on.
Well, I can tell you with certainty that it has. And I must admit it's rather nice that it's getting right up the nose of the Gammon .

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Because the chap in the US was involved in an act of criminality
.....of course it was done at the request of the players.... they need their Instagram moments for the home audience... not sure the demographic of any Liverpool supporters in the States will necessarily be buying players shirts as a result of this virtue signalling stunt...
Have you actually watched the video of George Floyd being killed?

It's not a snap judgement, shoot-or-don't-shoot panicked decision. He was handcuffed and subdued. A police officer then knelt on his neck for the best part of ten minutes, ignoring pleas from the public to let him breathe, whilst his colleagues kept people from helping by threatening them with pepper spray.

It's nothing to do with selling shirts. Open the paper and you will see gestures of support from all around the world.

Have you actually watched the video of George Floyd being killed?

It's not a snap judgement, shoot-or-don't-shoot panicked decision. He was handcuffed and subdued. A police officer then knelt on his neck for the best part of ten minutes, ignoring pleas from the public to let him breathe, whilst his colleagues kept people from helping by threatening them with pepper spray.

It's nothing to do with selling shirts. Open the paper and you will see gestures of support from all around the world.
But......but......all lives matter.

Or something.

Or the poor bugger in America. ........I thought that was what they were doing?

Thought I'd post this here as it will just get lost in a flood of 'George Floyd' and US riots posts, but this bit of virtue signalling made my mouth fill with sick...

When did 'Taking a knee' become a thing on this side of The Pond and wtf has the death of a man in Minneapolis got to do with Liverpool, or football? How many clubs will copy this nonsense? Nauseating Instagram fuckwittery...
The unlawful killing of George Floyd was a tragedy, committed by law unenforcement officers in America. It is an American issue that has fuckall to do with politics, and definitely nothing to do with football, in this country or any other country.

The whole 'taking a knee' shite is contaminating areas where it does not belong, and the sooner it is given the boot the better.

The unlawful killing of George Floyd was a tragedy, committed by law unenforcement officers in America. It is an American issue that has fuckall to do with politics, and definitely nothing to do with football, in this country or any other country.

The whole 'taking a knee' shite is contaminating areas where it does not belong, and the sooner it is given the boot the better.
If you think mass rioting and looting with even more pointless deaths is not a political issue, then you‘re a tad blinkered.

Agreed that it is not a sporting matter though. Politicising sport is wrong on every level.

If you think mass rioting and looting with even more pointless deaths is not a political issue, then you‘re a tad blinkered.

Agreed that it is not a sporting matter though. Politicising sport is wrong on every level.
Agreed on the mass rioting and looting being a political thing, however the people doing that are just piggy backing or taking advantage of the situation by trying to get away with breaking the law for their own personal gains.

The taking a knee thing has no place in football and just like racism it should be kicked out.

Sport and Politics are inseparable. Certainly at the club this thread is about!

This is shockingly poor.

Everton have obviously set out for a draw, who the fück does that I a h9me game? And who the fück leaves 6 players behind the ball for a corner?

Testament to the fear Liverpool put into them.

This is shockingly poor.

Everton have obviously set out for a draw, who the fück does that I a h9me game? And who the fück leaves 6 players behind the ball for a corner?

Testament to the fear Liverpool put into them.
Couldn’t beat them though even though they were scared eh? In fact, they very nearly beat you. Testament to the fact you’re still worried about not winning the league even when you have it in the bag...

Has to be the most boring Derby match I have ever watched. Shocking performance by both teams.

It'll happen but not soon.

Ritch

LE
You know, I've not missed the baiting whilst the football has been suspended.

You know, I've not missed the baiting whilst the football has been suspended.
It’s hardly baiting from a trog. They aren’t known for their wit, unless you get two together to make a full wit.

Latest Threads