The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Euclid

War Hero
Well who'd have thought that Brighton could be the team that prevents LFC from achieving their first PL title.

If not all PL teams agree on the league being finished on neutral grounds, then it looks like the 19/20 PL could be voided. Brighton are currently not happy with neutral grounds.

Personally, I think that's too much for the PL to accept and I expect Brighton to fall in line (with possible financial persuasion).
There is no chance that this season will be concluded. No relegations, no league titles.
Most likely outcome is a 22 team premiership next season with 3 relegated and two up for two seasons.

Can’t see Liverpool winning the league in the new season either.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
There is no chance that this season will be concluded. No relegations, no league titles.
Most likely outcome is a 22 team premiership next season with 3 relegated and two up for two seasons.

Healthwise, what are you expecting to happen between now and the official start of your 'new season' (assuming 2020) that will suddenly make everything OK?

Oops

War Hero

I think I've stated it before, I'm pretty sure you'll find that f'kin great pile of cash that sustains our Wonderful league is dependant on the Competition being played out to its conclusion....
Now Sky et al might not mind terribly, sticking hold of their hundreds of millions of filthy lucre,I'm sure they'd manage to find a use for it in the coming year, I'm pretty sure the CFO's, Owners and associated bottom feeders might just care a tad should the moolah dry up.

I can foresee a conclusion, even if it's to the detriment of a full fixture list for next years comp.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not to mention Leicester in a Champions League spot and Wolves an Shef United fighting for a European place ^~
And not to mention Ewes haven't mathematically won it yet; you have form for letting things slip.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I think I've stated it before, I'm pretty sure you'll find that f'kin great pile of cash that sustains our Wonderful league is dependant on the Competition being played out to its conclusion....
Now Sky et al might not mind terribly, sticking hold of their hundreds of millions of filthy lucre,I'm sure they'd manage to find a use for it in the coming year, I'm pretty sure the CFO's, Owners and associated bottom feeders might just care a tad should the moolah dry up.

I can foresee a conclusion, even if it's to the detriment of a full fixture list for next years comp.
I would agree with that. The logical business decision is to remove liability by discharging existing contractual liabilities as far as possible and then open up discussions as to what happens after that.

Oops

War Hero
And not to mention Ewes haven't mathematically won it yet; you have form for letting things slip.
D'y honestly think, should the games be played out in any way shape or form, ( I'm expecting some seriously weird and wonderful restrictions to be put in place) that my team might not accrue six points?

If so, let's end this discussion now, to save pixels for summat that needs em.

I personally, can't wait to see the first player booked for gobbin a sinus full onto the pitch....
Aguero is already shit scared of running onto the grass apparently, watching groundsmen come on in full biohazard kit to scoop up and then disinfect the offending snot bomb will tip him over the edge.
I'm sure Alan and Ian wait in anticipation of the first Covid transmission judgement from Stockley Park.....
" Well , it obvious Gary, he just couldn't help himself, it was late but not malicious, it's obvious the Ref's never gobbed one out at the highest level"
Robbie Savage probably thinks Covid 19 is the new Serbian signing for Leicester.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
D'y honestly think, should the games be played out in any way shape or form, ( I'm expecting some seriously weird and wonderful restrictions to be put in place) that my team might not accrue six points?

If so, let's end this discussion now, to save pixels for summat that needs em.

I personally, can't wait to see the first player booked for gobbin a sinus full onto the pitch....
Aguero is already shit scared of running onto the grass apparently, watching groundsmen come on in full biohazard kit to scoop up and then disinfect the offending snot bomb will tip him over the edge.
I'm sure Alan and Ian wait in anticipation of the first Covid transmission judgement from Stockley Park.....
" Well , it obvious Gary, he just couldn't help himself, it was late but not malicious, it's obvious the Ref's never gobbed one out at the highest level"
Robbie Savage probably thinks Covid 19 is the new Serbian signing for Leicester.
Nice, thoughtful reply. Personally, just void the season. If they insist on playing it behind closed doors, the league is tainted in every way; never be recognised as a true season. Champions league and Europa are already canned due to French and Dutch leagues voided. It's all down to money at the moment. Sad

You must have missed:

I think it’s time to acknowledge that this season is done and dusted. Not sure how football will restart, but it probably won’t be to commence this season.

I know most of those ‘impartial’ UK commentators are linked to clubs who will benefit from a season abandonment (West Ham, Spurs, etc), but as each national league calls it quits there is only one logical conclusion.

Life’s a bitch but at least those who think it are alive to be able to think it :) :)
In your rush to get a dig in ^~

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
I don't visit that often tbf!

I DO think it will restart. There is too much financial and commercial reason at stake, much to the shame of the modern game.

As for lower leagues: bang on. Agree 100% with you. However, we've seen clearly in cup comps VAR being used in the senior team games, but not games involving lower league teams. How's that a fair comp?

Well, the Premier League returns.

I await the wailing and gnashing of teeth from Biff's.

Any Toffees lurking, you wanted improvement this season and it's deffo happened. After all, you're closer to City than we are.

jg505

Old-Salt
I see there are plans to broadcast a lot of the remaining PL games on tv, even the BBC are going to air a couple of live games.

For info to you guys

The fixtures set to be moved to neutral venues are:

• Manchester City v Liverpool
  • Manchester City v Newcastle
  • Manchester United v Sheffield United
  • Newcastle v Liverpool
  • Everton v Liverpool
  • The game in which Liverpool could secure the title

For info to you guys

The fixtures set to be moved to neutral venues are:

• Manchester City v Liverpool
  • Manchester City v Newcastle
  • Manchester United v Sheffield United
  • Newcastle v Liverpool
  • Everton v Liverpool
  • The game in which Liverpool could secure the title
And when Liverpool win their first (of many) top flight title in 30 years, I’m sure not one Liverpool fan will venture out to celebrate.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Popped in to post that precise picture.

To the 39. Killed by thugs calling themselves Liverpool fans and the complacency of UEFA and the Belgian Police.

No one should ever go to a football match and not come home.

Requiescat In Pace.
Thank you for that, yes, thugs they were MSB.

Thought I'd post this here as it will just get lost in a flood of 'George Floyd' and US riots posts, but this bit of virtue signalling made my mouth fill with sick...

When did 'Taking a knee' become a thing on this side of The Pond and wtf has the death of a man in Minneapolis got to do with Liverpool, or football? How many clubs will copy this nonsense? Nauseating Instagram fuckwittery...

Thought I'd post this here as it will just get lost in a flood of 'George Floyd' and US riots posts, but this bit of virtue signalling made my mouth fill with sick...

When did 'Taking a knee' become a thing on this side of The Pond and wtf has the death of a man in Minneapolis got to do with Liverpool, or football? How many clubs will copy this nonsense? Nauseating Instagram fuckwittery...
Well given it was done at the request of the players (and theres quite a few ones on that picture who are several shades darker than, say Andy Robertson) and we are an American owned club, I'd say the players got their shit in a sock and made a gesture that they knew would resonate around the world but especially in the US.

And it's worked. Oh, and it didnt appear on the official stuff until the players had been plastering it all over their own social media. Taking a knee appears to be the gesture of Solidarity this particular murder of a black man by law enforcement has adopted.

The fact that it appears to have got right up your nose is deeply satisfying and undoubtedly the reaction that shows it's working in all the right demographics.

Latest Threads