The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Oops

Old-Salt
It's not about whether there's £43 mil sloshin around in the current account.
Premier League Football Clubs
( Clue's in the name) plying their trade in the Richest League in the World by TV revenue alone,simply should not stoop so low as to abuse a cobbled together panic measure, invented to prevent economic meltdown,which would very much impact on the subscription TV model that makes the League so lucrative.
I kinda understood Brighton latchin on..
Thought..'Typical' when Daniel Levy signed the European Finalists up.... New Stadium and Racial stereotyping...(allowed? I'll withdraw if reqd.)
However for us to stoop so low was Just.. Feckin..Wrong...
Glad it's sorted,
Big enough to say 'We got it wrong'

Lesson learned.
"Moving on."

jg505

Old-Salt
I'm very late to the party here, have been somewhat sidelined for the past week and a bit. I was extremely surprised to hear the initial news that not only LFC, but other PL clubs, were going to use the Government's furlough scheme.

I'm glad they reversed their decision but I've not seen anywhere near the vilification of Spurs, who I believe are still going to use the Government's furlough scheme, that was aimed at LFC.

End of the day, it was an own goal by LFC, but glad to see they've now sorted it.

LFC were going to make up staff wages to 100 %,don't think that is or was the case at Spurs,they will only receive the 80% from Government.PS in retrospect,that info might be out of date now.

Last edited:

Oops

Old-Salt
Bloody Hell, now it is getting serious...
Sir K's got the Lurgy.

Stick yer arse into it Kenny, and roll off it leaving it trailing in your slipstream, just like you did with just about everything else you came up against.

YNWA.

TheAssassin

War Hero
Sir K's got the Lurgy.

Stick yer arse into it Kenny, and roll off it leaving it trailing in your slipstream, just like you did with just about everything else you came up against.

YNWA.
Does Rushie have it? Kenny got the rebound

jg505

Old-Salt
Sir K's got the Lurgy.

YNWA.
I chuffin really disliked him as a player, simply because he was so good.

Best of luck to you Sir K, I wish you a speedy recovery.

To the 96, to the 66 at Ibrox, to the 56 at Bradford, to the 39 at Heysel, to the 23 at the Munich air disaster, to the 33 at Burden Park and to all the others across the world. No one should go to a football game and not come home. RIP

ED57F446-BC69-4895-A757-C87669A21F95.jpeg

RIP Dave Rowland. Seen in this iconic photo.
1586938393685.png

Age 65 from Covid.

Tributes have been paid to a much-loved Hillsborough survivor captured in a poignant image in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Dave Roland was pictured sitting on the Leppings Lane terrace with his head in his hands following the disaster.

The harrowing scene followed his brave efforts to help a boy caught alongside him in the crush that claimed the lives of 96 innocent men, women and children.

The 65-year-old died last week, days before the 31st anniversary of the tragedy, following a short battle with coronavirus.

ETA: I still find it incredibly painful reading this.

YNWA

jg505

Old-Salt
RIP Dave Rowland. Seen in this iconic photo.
View attachment 465752
Age 65 from Covid.

Tributes have been paid to a much-loved Hillsborough survivor captured in a poignant image in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Dave Roland was pictured sitting on the Leppings Lane terrace with his head in his hands following the disaster.

The harrowing scene followed his brave efforts to help a boy caught alongside him in the crush that claimed the lives of 96 innocent men, women and children.

The 65-year-old died last week, days before the 31st anniversary of the tragedy, following a short battle with coronavirus.

ETA: I still find it incredibly painful reading this.

YNWA
RiP, a very moving story indeed.

To the 96, to the 66 at Ibrox, to the 56 at Bradford, to the 39 at Heysel, to the 23 at the Munich air disaster, to the 33 at Burden Park and to all the others across the world. No one should go to a football game and not come home. RIP

View attachment 465685
As has been said, Amen to that.

A week after the 20th anniversary of the deaths of Kevin Speight and Christopher Loftus by the Galatasaray scum. No one should not return from a football match, regardless of the colour of your shirt.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
This is ominous

I doubt it'll happen in the Premier League but, if it does, I hope Liverpool seals its greatness by the dignity with which it accepts the decision.

Anyone who knows their football or who loves sport knows what Liverpool's achieved this season and, as Klopp's said, this is now far bigger than football. For me, Liverpool's the club I would bet on to make the gesture if required - which was why the furlough decision, now thankfully reversed, hurt so much.

philc

LE
I doubt it'll happen in the Premier League but, if it does, I hope Liverpool seals its greatness by the dignity with which it accepts the decision.

Anyone who knows their football or who loves sport knows what Liverpool's achieved this season and, as Klopp's said, this is now far bigger than football. For me, Liverpool's the club I would bet on to make the gesture if required - which was why the furlough decision, now thankfully reversed, hurt so much.
Or back to back Prem wins, it’s been done before.

Liverpool = dignity.

Nice one...

This is ominous

It's a slightly different set of circumstances for the Dutch because of the length of the government ban (expiring at a point where there is some concern that it might be 'hello, again, Covid-19' time with the putative second wave appearing) which means it'd take the Dutch League at least until the first week of October to conclude.

And then.... they have play offs for the Europa League (the winners getting to play three extra matches), plus the play offs for the relegation/promotion slots which require another 18 fixtures between them. So in truth, even with 2 matches a week and no pauses between the end of the regular season and the playoffs, they probably couldn't start the 2020-21 season until mid-November. Their system means that they have so many rounds of fixtures left (regular and play off) that they've no hope of getting the 2020-21 season up and running until about November - their only option is to bin the League because the government ban and their competition structure has does them in. They're working on the basis that UEFA will treat them as a 'special case' as a result.

Latest Threads