The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Why should companies still capable of paying certain staff six figure salaries be allowed to sponge off the taxpayer to pay the cleaner?
Why should they be punished for their success while those loss making companies are subsidised by the taxpayer?

If I may, I've yet to see 50k plus people turn up at DHL depot wearing the corporate colours, replica shirts and singing loyalty songs.

Football is (was) the passion of the working man. A clubs actions will impact on its supporters and actions of supporters on the club.
The supporters wont give a shit, remember the mancs when the Glazers took over? How they were all going to boycott the club right up until Man U kept winning, then they forgot all about it. Plenty of other clubs have gone bankrupt in the past and fucked over those at the bottom.
The "fans" still turn up.

I would suggest making any organisation with anyone earning more than 70K on the payroll ineligible for the scheme.
The problem then is that big firms will ditch people and it’s the people who suffer, they aren’t big firms by being nice.

This is all costing billions, it has to be recouped once over, business will be paying back in spades.

I don’t think the players should take a pay cut either.

I dont have a dog in this fight, re Liverpool, but I'll just leave this here. Remember when this is all over the government is going to be in massive debt, with the prospect of a serious shortfall in tax receipts as many small firms will have gone bust and unemployment will be high.

Football players are taxed through HMRC’s pay as you earn scheme (PAYE). This means tax is deducted at the time of payment by the club. Premier League and Football League players will pay 45% tax on earnings over £150,000 (as well as 2% National Insurance Contributions). If a club is making a payment to an image rights company rather than a salary payment through the PAYE system, the player is not being taxed on that income at 45% but rather is paying corporation tax of 20% (falling to 18% by 2020). From a club’s perspective, it does not have to pay employers national insurance contributions at 13.8% on payments to the player’s image rights companies either. The national insurance savings for a Premier League club with 25 first team players with a strong commercial programme and a raft of commercial partners can be considerable.

Premier League clubs and players paid £2.4BILLION in tax during 2013-14 season

I wonder what the figure was for last year?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Why should they be punished for their success while those loss making companies are subsidised by the taxpayer?
Because they wouldn't be loss making if they hadn't been shut down for the greater good.

All league football clubs are businesses.
Fact.
If you don't keep investing then you won't stay in business.
IMHO, the players shoud certainly chip in some of their overinflated salaries to help the lowly paid steward and ground staff.

Because they wouldn't be loss making if they hadn't been shut down for the greater good.
Plenty of loss making firms before the virus outbreak are now being subsidised by the taxpayer.
Why should successful businesses be penalised?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The problem then is that big firms will ditch people and it’s the people who suffer, they aren’t big firms by being nice.

This is all costing billions, it has to be recouped once over, business will be paying back in spades.

I don’t think the players should take a pay cut either.
Then make company directors personally liable and subject to unlimited damages for anybody suffering adverse consequences from a corporate unwillingness to take a pay cut. I guarantee compliance.

We are shitcanning our economy and the prospects of millions in order to fight the pandemic, rightly in my view. I'm a lifelong Tory but I have absolutely no issue with being absolutely ruthless towards any individual or organisation trying to game the system.

This is about getting as much of our economy out the other side in one piece as we can, it is not about creating opportunities for smart accountants to hoover up tax-payer's money. We will be paying for these subsidies for many years to come.

All league football clubs are businesses.
Fact.
If you don't keep investing then you won't stay in business.
IMHO, the players shoud certainly chip in some of their overinflated salaries to help the lowly paid steward and ground staff.
Want to see how many of the public are going to "chip in" for the lower paid across the UK? You are beginning to sound like Corbyn.

Last edited:
Want to see how many of the public are going to "chip in" for the lower paid across the UK? You are beginning to sounds like Corbyn.
I will never sound like Corbyn.
Go and wash your mouth out with battery acid

I will never sound like Corbyn.
Go and wash your mouth out with battery acid
Rich people should give more than they have to, to poor people sounds very much like Corbyn to me.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Rich people should give more than they have to, to poor people sounds very much like Corbyn to me.
In times of emergency, those able to bear the burden bear the burden. I suspect you would have been among the first to complain had you been sent out with a deliberately under-powered patrol configured for criteria other than the ability to achieve the mission.

In times of emergency, those able to bear the burden bear the burden. I suspect you would have been among the first to complain had you been sent out with a deliberately under-powered patrol configured for criteria other than the ability to achieve the mission.
Really? I reckon most people on this site can afford some money, start up a crowd funder and see how many people cough up.

What you really mean is that people who you think earn a certain amount (i.e more than you) should pay.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
The supporters wont give a shit, remember the mancs when the Glazers took over? How they were all going to boycott the club right up until Man U kept winning, then they forgot all about it. Plenty of other clubs have gone bankrupt in the past and fucked over those at the bottom.
The "fans" still turn up.
Not all of us! I kept my shares in the club and even under compulsory purchase I still kept them; only £100 lost, but no way was I taking money off the gimps.

As for success: you seem to ignore the fact that a hard-core section vowed never to return to OT whilst they were still owners. MEC thugs too. And a new team created FC United of Manchester created in 2005. Yes, fans will turn up do to the billions that love Utd. I for one am fortunate to get a ticket several times a season, but I always comment on the 'never kicked a ball' types that go + corporate; prawn sandwich brigade as someone correctly commented.

I must ask, do you have a French Blood line? My reason being is that you Cleary can't stand Officers or Seniors, rules and yet you are now defending (or arguing for arguing sake as there's fahk all to do) a business that pays one player per week what 10 Nurses could earn in a year....which is at odds with your normal 'beards are ace' PoV.

Not all of us! I kept my shares in the club and even under compulsory purchase I still kept them; only £100 lost, but no way was I taking money off the gimps.

As for success: you seem to ignore the fact that a hard-core section vowed never to return to OT whilst they were still owners. MEC thugs too. And a new team created FC United of Manchester created in 2005. Yes, fans will turn up do to the billions that love Utd. I for one am fortunate to get a ticket several times a season, but I always comment on the 'never kicked a ball' types that go + corporate; prawn sandwich brigade as someone correctly commented.

I must ask, do you have a French Blood line? My reason being is that you Cleary can't stand Officers or Seniors, rules and yet you are now defending (or arguing for arguing sake as there's fahk all to do) a business that pays one player per week what 10 Nurses could earn in a year....which is at odds with your normal 'beards are ace' PoV.
I'll defend any business from those who like to jump on the bandwagon. Why a football club and not all the other companies doing it?
Why would a private business paying lots of money to its employees be at odds with anything I say?
If I could kick a football about for a six figure sum, I would do so, I dont resent those that have the skill to make money from it, Im not forced to pay their wages so good luck to them. Also if I did earn a six figure sum, I'll decide whether or not to sub other people, not the outraged mob.

I have actually chipped in something for a particular charity.
My business alone which charity and how much but one that I think most on here would support.
Have you chipped in anything @stacker1 ?

fangface

Swinger
You dippers are an absolute embarrassment..

There are clubs further down the divisions with no PL pot of gold to call on, no Champions League money, no multi million pound sponsorship deals to stuff up their shirts who haven't stooped as low as this shower of shit..!

How on earth are these clubs going to survive when the European Royalty club can't last a calendar month without applying for handouts..

They need to be investigated along with Tottenham and ANY other PL club who goes down this route.

The money the Government has allocated is to help genuine people who through no fault of their own have found themselves in a position of vulnerability..

C***'s like Liverpool have excercised a loophole and are draining the funds that were not meant for them.

Anyone with an ounce of decency and respect for the situation the country is in can see that..

Forget what all the sycophantic media and ex players keep telling us..

You have no class and will never have class..!

You are just a grubby shower of cnuts that have shown their true colours..!

II'd be ashamed to be associated with them..

I have actually chipped in something for a particular charity.
My business alone which charity and how much but one that I think most on here would support.
Have you chipped in anything @stacker1 ?
**** all, but then im not whining that people whom I think are richer than me should.

You dippers are an absolute embarrassment..

There are clubs further down the divisions with no PL pot of gold to call on, no Champions League money, no multi million pound sponsorship deals to stuff up their shirts who haven't stooped as low as this shower of shit..!

How on earth are these clubs going to survive when the European Royalty club can't last a calendar month without applying for handouts..

They need to be investigated along with Tottenham and ANY other PL club who goes down this route.

The money the Government has allocated is to help genuine people who through no fault of their own have found themselves in a position of vulnerability..

C***'s like Liverpool have excercised a loophole and are draining the funds that were not meant for them.

Anyone with an ounce of decency and respect for the situation the country is in can see that..

Forget what all the sycophantic media and ex players keep telling us..

You have no class and will never have class..!

You are just a grubby shower of cnuts that have shown their true colours..!

II'd be ashamed to be associated with them..
Exercised a loophole = Done what the government said they could.

Latest Threads