The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Liverpool to sign Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg from PEC Zwolle

Liverpool to sign Dutch defender Sepp van den Berg from PEC Zwolle
The 17-year-old centre-back, who was coveted by Ajax and Bayern Munich this summer, will cost the Champions League winners an initial £1.3m. The fee could rise to £4.4m should he make a substantial number of Premier League and European appearances.

Van den Berg is not being signed as an academy player by Liverpool but as a young talent who can be developed at first-team level under Jürgen Klopp. His is the first deal struck by Liverpool this transfer window and he will complete his move on 1 July.

Cheap at the price if he's any good.

Arsenal have form for this sort of bid. ISTR they bid £40m plus £1 for Suarez. That didn’t work. The current bid seems to have served only to annoy Crystal Palace. At some stage they may need to consider how effective this strategy is.

I disagree. He would be fantastic backup for Sadio.
I'm afraid his numbers dont add up. Our defenders have more assists between them in two seasons as Zaha has had in the premier league. Zaha scores OR assists just under one game in 3. That's not a 40 million pound player. And it's ok to say that hes producing average figures in an average team but he joined a United team that were the current champions and absolutely bombed albeit under the Moyesiah.

Plenty have looked, none have gone for it. Hes bang average. A match of the day player. If the standard is being really boss at Anfield in a team that eventually loses then we should have gone balls deep for Amir Zaki in the three months or so that he was allegedly a world beater.

Good opening friendly last night against Tranmere. 2 separate 11’s for 45 minutes each and the third choice goalie got 15 minutes up front at the end :)

Good to see a blend of first 11 and youth, great experience for the kids.

Tranmere had 2 giagantors in the second half, centre forward and centre back. Beasts! One accidentally did for Glatzle, hope it’s not too serious.

Bradford next on Sunday, but no new returning players yet I think.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Good opening friendly last night against Tranmere. 2 separate 11’s for 45 minutes each and the third choice goalie got 15 minutes up front at the end :)

Good to see a blend of first 11 and youth, great experience for the kids.

Tranmere had 2 giagantors in the second half, centre forward and centre back. Beasts! One accidentally did for Glatzle, hope it’s not too serious.

Bradford next on Sunday, but no new returning players yet I think.
Meanwhile our lot are strutting around the streets of Australia somewhere looking like a right bunch of chavs and CRO members.
Can I interest you in a couple of defenders and a certain French midfielder:?

Meanwhile our lot are strutting around the streets of Australia somewhere looking like a right bunch of chavs and CRO members.
Can I interest you in a couple of defenders and a certain French midfielder:?
I'd have happily had Pogba off your lot the first time he left but not that keen now. Too big a personality I fear.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd have happily had Pogba off your lot the first time he left but not that keen now. Too big a personality I fear.
Too big a “personality”, hmm that’s very polite of you.

Another good run out at Bradford yesterday. First half 11 won 3-0, second half 11 lost 1-0.

Lovren returned and Brewster got his second in 2. Bradford barley touched it in the second half but got a breakaway penalty, took me back to a few seasons ago :)

An opportunity lost for a couple of the fringe players in the second half I think, but now off to the States to continue the build up.