The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

It's weird the goals that stand out to you. There's one from the 80s I think that I couldn't tell you the scorer but I always remember Steve McMahon working like a man possessed to stop the ball going out for a throw in which he then drives on goal with and we score.

And the forgotten ones like Coates' worldie against QPR that no one thinks of as a great goal because we lost the match. But it was. It also proved the enough chimps/typewriter/ Shakespeare theory, if you give a bang average footballer enough game time he'll eventually produce a genuinely world class moment.
If I remember that was against Arsenal, the ball was cleared, he chased it, stops the ball, he runs out of play, turns, beats a couple and puts it in the box.

I think it was on one of the videos, that’s why it has stuck in my memory.

If I remember that was against Arsenal, the ball was cleared, he chased it, stops the ball, he runs out of play, turns, beats a couple and puts it in the box.

I think it was on one of the videos, that’s why it has stuck in my memory.
I’m pretty sure it was a five nil win over the (not so on this occasion) mighty Nottingham Forest in 1988.

(I haven’t a clue where I pulled that from).

I’m pretty sure it was a five nil win over the (not so on this occasion) mighty Nottingham Forest in 1988.

(I haven’t a clue where I pulled that from).
Possibly, I just instantly thought Arsenal, going to have to get the video wired up to the tele now :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Right so @dingerr the fixtures show that city have to play us and Spurs, what’s your most difficult fixture? Wolves last day and you are at home.
Come on you know you are favourites.
Why is it you are all talking it down? Where’s the confidence gone? My god with the luck you have had this season, ok you make your own luck but bloody hell you have milked that cow all season so maybe it has run dry but even so can you honestly see Liverpool dropping points now? No neither can I.
Can I see City dropping points? Most definitely and the games against Utd and Spurs scream not only banana skins but banana skins on a very slippery glacier.
Come on you know you want to sing it.

It’s currently in City’s hands, even if we don’t “bottle” it and win all our games, we can still be beaten.

That’s not playing it down, themselves the facts :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s currently in City’s hands, even if we don’t “bottle” it and win all our games, we can still be beaten.

That’s not playing it down, themselves the facts :)
Come now do you honestly think City will win all their remaking fixtures in the league?
We have already seen Spurs beat them in The Champions League and I’m sure they’ll be up for it in the league to avoid fourth.
And then of course they have Utd, well yes you would say that game is a fecking walk over wouldn’t you;)

Now that was nice. Barcelona anyone? Not sure that City losing was / is a good thing though...
I've been back and forth on that all night. On balance, I'm hoping the mental damage of being knocked out by spurs will have more effect than City having fewer games to manage.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

At the risk of being horribly defeatist, after the last set of results, I'm finding it hard to see City dropping anymore points.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
At the risk of being horribly defeatist, after the last set of results, I'm finding it hard to see City dropping anymore points.
Haven’t you got any faith in Utd:-?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course not, I follow your posts on this thread religiously....
Now you know as well as I do that Utd will and could thrash City tomorrow night. That’s what football is all about, that’s why it was nigh on impossible to predict those eight score draws. Now I’m not a betting man but if I were would I bet on Urd winning? NO! would I bet on a draw, possibly, but I’d probably back City and probably lose my money.
Hope that’s cleared it up.

"Other Liverpool players to have been awarded the honour are Luis Suarez (2013-14), Steven Gerrard (2005-06), John Barnes (1987-88), Ian Rush (1983-84), Kenny Dalglish (1982-83) and Terry McDermott (1979-80)."

Well earned. £75M bargain.