The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Was it 2006 that we only qualified by virtue of winning the bloody thing the prior year, and even then it was some kind of special dispensation. Can't remember the details.
Yes - the FA refused to make Everton go into the UEFA Cup at Liverpool's expense, and UEFA eventually agreed that Liverpool should be admitted at the first qualifying round. I forget which team - I lie, I have no idea which team - they displaced.

Total Network Solutions (now The New Saints) from the Welsh League had offered to play a two-legged pre-qualifying tie with Liverpool to determine whether they or Liverpool (TNS seemed to think it wouldn't be them) would get into the 1st qualifying round. UEFA thanked them, turned the offer down to admit Liverpool into the 1st qualifying round, whereupon the draw put LFC up against... TNS. Liverpool won 6-0 on aggregate and TNS - as they'd hoped with their initial offer - did rather well out of the gate receipts, rather than getting £4.50 from being knocked out by some team from the Albanian League which had a name made up entirely of consonants which might otherwise have been their fate.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting that the families can accept the outcome of the inquiry last year, but not accept that a jury of cannot find Duckenfield guilty.

Interesting that the families can accept the outcome of the inquiry last year, but not accept that a jury of cannot find Duckenfield guilty.
A hung jury does not imply either the defendant's guilt or innocence. It means a failure to come to a unanimous verdict either way. The Crown - through the agency of the CPS - may retry the defendant on any count on which the jury could not agree. The decision to seek a retrial is the decision of the CPS, not of the families of the victims.

I am not surprised given the circumstances, and where the Crown is seeking a retrial, that the families are unable to find closure.

A hung jury does not imply either the defendant's guilt or innocence. It means a failure to come to a unanimous verdict either way. The Crown - through the agency of the CPS - may retry the defendant on any count on which the jury could not agree. The decision to seek a retrial is the decision of the CPS, not of the families of the victims.

I am not surprised given the circumstances, and where the Crown is seeking a retrial, that the families are unable to find closure.
The reality is, even if he's found not guilty, they won't accept it and there won't be 'closure'.

Tonight’s result means, barring a mathematical miracle, we have now qualified for Europe next season.

To finish outside the top 5, we would have to lose every game, United would have to win every game and there would have to be a 35 goal swing which equals about a 5.8 goal swing per game week.

Target 1 (qualify for Europe) achieved, now let’s see if we can do even better :)
Strangely it doesn't feel like the milestone it once was, which is a tribute to Klopp and the current team.

I grew up with Toshack, Keegan, Tommy Smith and Emlyn Hughes involved in the kind of football that was just mouthwatering to watch.

I’d quite like Liverpool under Klopp to win the league. City deserve everything else, but the quadruple is just too much for one club.

It now seems Liverpool need to do Man Utd a favour by beating Chelsea and Man Utd need to do Liverpool a favour by beating Man City.

A strange season.

By my maths, the Bitters beating the Arrse today means we can now not finish worse than 4th and have therefore qualified for the Champions League next season :)

One word.

WEGACLOD. I'll leave you to work that one out.

Best Chelsea and despite the game in hand I make us incredibly slight favourites until City have got past Spurs and Yernited.

We both win all our games and we lose with 97 points on the board you just have to say well done to City and be proud of the performance of our own team.

5 Cup finals.

Early goal to settle nerves.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
It now seems Liverpool need to do Man Utd a favour by beating Chelsea and Man Utd need to do Liverpool a favour by beating Man City.

A strange season.
Not at all, fourth is completely out of our reach and we stand no chance against City.
Oh well, at least you are winning tonight.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Where’s JBMate gone? I miss his friendly avatar.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Last post was Dec 2018. Tour?
Just struck me as strange with Liverpool so close to winning the league and in with a shout of The Champions League again that he just disappeared.

Its bit like our Tibbs, I’ll be on my guard the bastards aren’t getting me.