The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

I would take a point now, this run of games has taken a bit of a toll. I normally hate international breaks, but right now we need one.

Been worried about this game all week to be honest, so I'll take a point all day.

What we're missing is a Coutinho/Gerrard type who can make things happen from centre mid in games like this or Napoli. The front three just aren't getting the service they got last season so far.

Having said that, still unbeaten and joint top. I'd have ripped your arm off for that if you'd offered it in August.

Now until the end of October will be a true reflection of whether we are contenders or pretenders, 10 games including; Spurs, PSG, Chelsea twice, Napoli and City.

If we are in good shape at the end of that lot we will have had a good start to the season.
Unbeaten in the league in early October, good start to the season :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Unbeaten in the league in early October, good start to the season :)
3-3 my arse, City nearly nicked it. I saw the last 5 minutes. Didn't see that result coming, I bet the bookies made a few quid.

So Gomez is far better at CB than right back - got caught napping a couple of times, and created the situation where Lovren was lucky not to concede a penalty. Twice his man got round him far too easily (once with a simple give & go).

My main frustration throughout the game was that we continually passed the ball backwards or sideways. Very little adventure, hugely cautious, and I don't recall much in the way of shots on target. We certainly didn't threaten. Robertson kept cutting back inside on his right foot and playing safe passes, rather than trying to get down the wing.

Keita is yet to show what he can (supposedly) do, and we miss Milner's tenacity and passing when he's not on the pitch. Hope the injury isn't serious, and luckily he's got a couple of weeks to recover.

We couldn't have complained if we lost that. Lucky that Aguero was off, because he would not have missed from the spot. But on the plus side, Lovren was solid enough for most of the game - made a couple of impressive tackles in the second half, both of which caught me completely by surprise.

Oh, and Salah looked 4% better than he has recently. Slightly better, but he reminds me of the old "Billy's Boots" cartoon strip. He's lost his favourite boots, and can't hit the goal for shit as a result.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Bit confused by that post to be honest :)
You asked earlier who you wanted to win, I predicted a 3-3 draw, but also added I thought city might pinch it.
Happy with a draw, I don't know why it won't affect Utd much..

Well, not many will play that poorly v City and get a point.

Onwards!
Expanding on your point - not many teams will play as poorly as we have over 8 league games - including Spurs (A), Chelsea (A), and City (H) - and come away undefeated, with 20 points out of 24.

City and Chelsea are playing very well at the moment, gelling and putting together some really nice football. We're playing nowhere near our best offensively, but have managed to grind out points and results. We're all on the same points, but are performing very differently.

I'm happy we've still got plenty of room for improvement. I suggest Jurgen spends the next couple of weeks working out why we're not clicking on the attack, and also considers more rotation of the attack and midfield until we start firing again. Amazed that XS didn't get a run out against City, given his level of performance compared to Mo so far this season. Mo can't hit a barn door with a banjo right now. Let's hope he bangs in 10 or 15 with Egypt against Swaziland, and regains his mojo. :D

@CRmeansCeilingReached - taking your comments one step further too, Arsenal are quietly moving onward and upwards and playing with renewed confidence, energy and enjoyment. I'm torn between desperately wanting us to blow everyone away and win the damn thing after far too long and literally drooling over some of the football being played in the EPL.

Who I am kidding..? Screw the others, 'mon the Reds!!

Been worried about this game all week to be honest, so I'll take a point all day.

What we're missing is a Coutinho/Gerrard type who can make things happen from centre mid in games like this or Napoli. The front three just aren't getting the service they got last season so far.

Having said that, still unbeaten and joint top. I'd have ripped your arm off for that if you'd offered it in August.
And after a very tough sequence of games taking four out of six on the road against two of the likely top four finishers.

The problem we have is November - we always screw things up in November.

Mo Salah scored direct from a corner for Egypt who are twatting Swaziland 4-1 in an African Cup of Nations qualifier.

Apparently he's also gone off injured. Great.

Edit - minor thigh strain according to the Egyptians, hopefully nothing serious.

Last edited:
It appears we now have the following players injured: Keita, Mane, Van Dijk & Salah as far as I know (or have read in that sporting powerhouse, the DM!!). With Huddersfield, Cardiff and then Arsenal as the next three games, it looks like there's an opportunity for some of the younger players to shine. Thank f$%# Sturridge looks to be firing on all cylinders.

Hendo has had a bit of a rest courtesy of his international suspension.
Solanke looked quite sharp tonight for the England u-21s

It appears we now have the following players injured: Keita, Mane, Van Dijk & Salah as far as I know (or have read in that sporting powerhouse, the DM!!). With Huddersfield, Cardiff and then Arsenal as the next three games, it looks like there's an opportunity for some of the younger players to shine. Thank f$%# Sturridge looks to be firing on all cylinders.
Red Star Belgrade between Huddersfield and Cardiff too.

I've read that Keita doesn't think the injury is serious and Mane's is only a broken thumb so hopefully neither of them are out for too long.

International football needs f*cking off. It's shite.