The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Fkn-A!

I hope he packs his bags for the US tour rather than back to Rome to pack his shit up there. Mrs Roadster and I will be in Charlotte, North Carolina on Sunday to watch our mighty red men against Borussia Dortmund. It'd be nice to Alisson in goal!

Fkn-A!

I hope he packs his bags for the US tour rather than back to Rome to pack his shit up there. Mrs Roadster and I will be in Charlotte, North Carolina on Sunday to watch our mighty red men against Borussia Dortmund. It'd be nice to Alisson in goal!
He flew back out last night to finish his holiday - he was in Corsica with his missus (who's another absolute stunner) and flew in from there for the signing. I'm not sure when he's due to meet up with the squad.

Happy for Liverpool to sign a decent keeper, but over £66m? It's getting to the point where every world class player, regardless of position, will be over the £100m barrier.

Shows a real commitment by owners,I am really pleased.

Happy for Liverpool to sign a decent keeper, but over £66m? It's getting to the point where every world class player, regardless of position, will be over the £100m barrier.
Yep. But I'd rather be having that discussion, than one about going into the season with Karius and not having addressed a glaring weakness in the team.

Jurgen hinted that's our last signing of the summer. I would prefer we had one more top AMC in the squad, but if it were a choice between Alisson and e.g. Fekir, then we've made the right choice.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Fekir is off permanently from latest news.
Or on if you believe the Daily Express

Evidently he has right cruciate ligament issues

No Centre Back, no backup for the front three (unless Shaqiri is it). That said, having a half decent keeper behind them might improve anyone of the three due to line up alongside big Virgil.

Now it's just a case of putting together a decent run and applying a bit of pressure on the other teams in the running for the CL. I don't think we can have another season as blessedly free of injuries to key players as we did last season. I know we were threadbare by the end but our major players saw the majority of matches last season.

It's nice to think that we have decent backup for the midfield and at the back. Allison needs to be looked after though because Karius comes back in and the collective nervousness will resemble a convent bus breaking down at a swingers club.

All in all, very pleased. Now let's start well and beat Spuds at theirs to cement that new ground hoodoo.:)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Fekir is off permanently from latest news.
Or on if you believe the Daily Express

Evidently he has right cruciate ligament issues
That is a fecker.
Now you have a good keeper I can see you lot doing something next season, that's if Salah shows that he wasn't a one season wonder. I suppose the funny sounding Swiss one from Stoke could be a decent replacement for Oxlade-Chamberlain, bad news for the lad that injury.
As said for the first time in a while I can possibly (all depends on Salah having a similar season) challenging for a serious top three finish. Should be a good season for you lot.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ok you lot don't you dare say I don't like my football, here's something for you if haven't noticed.
Set you sky +or whatever you have for BBC2 tonight at 10pm, a programme on Shankly. I might, might watch it or record it myself as I liked that era and it was about football not money.

Ok you lot don't you dare say I don't like my football, here's something for you if haven't noticed.
Set you sky +or whatever you have for BBC2 tonight at 10pm, a programme on Shankly. I might, might watch it or record it myself as I liked that era and it was about football not money.
Excellent telly. Nearly didn't get made because the arts council removed it's grant but it was crowdfunded through. Peter Hooton was instrumental in driving it through.

Great Documentary about a great man who valued honesty in all things.

Saw the result from last night - not really reading too much into it (other than chuffed to f**c we won!!) - nice to see Salah getting back in the swing of things and the new arrivals starting to gel.

Saw the result from last night - not really reading too much into it (other than chuffed to f**c we won!!) - nice to see Salah getting back in the swing of things and the new arrivals starting to gel.
I was in Charlotte for the Dortmund game, the victory last night was probably as meaningless as was the defeat in Charlotte. The entire team was rotated in the match, 10 of them at halftime. I expect much the same last night. My only takeaways really were that Origi and Karius are shite, and Robertson and VVD are excellent. Oh, and we need to sign Pulisic :)

The other takeaway was a two-day hangover from the Saturday night LFC party. We had VIP tickets for the game, but didn't realise Rush, Fowler, Hyypia and Riise were out on the piss that night too, so didn't take the game tickets with us. Bollox, could have got my shirt signed by Rushie! Still, an excellent night. It seems I haven't forgotten the words to "Poor Scouser Tommy" in 30-odd years (much to my wife's surprise) :)