The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

Looking ahead to the summer and potential signings... what do we think of Xerdan Shaqiri?

He's creative, talented, done okay at Stoke considering he was playing with few quality players around him (particularly after Arnautovic left). With Stoke now relegated, I would be surprised to see a player of his calibre sticking around to play in the Championship.

Coming from a relegated team, he is more likely to accept being back-up option to Salah on the right. 26 years old, shows some determination (when I've watched him), and I get the feeling he would relish playing for Klopp and training every day with higher-quality players.

Caveat - I know very little about his personality, or whether he would be a good dressing-room "fit". I just get the feeling that he is better than Stoke-quality, and good enough to be a quality squad player at LFC.

And since thinking about this, I've googled him and seen rumours (unconfirmed) that he has a £12m release clause in his contract. If there are no concerns about his personality or work-rate, that signing could be a no-brainer.
From 6th May.

Good to know that Jurgen reads Arrse :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Manchester Evening Spews are bigging Fred up over Fabinho.
Fred vs Fabinho
I remember that as well. Someone's got to big him up. I can't wait for the new season to start with our new star signing from a lowly Ukranian league where he looked good but wasn't good enough to get into a a major European league or in fact the Brazilian team at the World Cup. If this is the best Utd can do then I'm sure we will be struggling to finish where we did last season.

To be honest, Fabinho is making a slow start - whereas Keita looks very lively indeed, a real livewire. He'll go straight into the starting XI at the beginning of the season, but Fabinho needs to pick things up a bit I reckon.

Rhian Brewster's signed a long term contract with the club, which is very good news. Taiwo Awoniyi has also signed a new deal.

We're apparently in talks with Roma over a £62m deal for Allison (the Brazilian goalie) and confirmation of that deal is apparently expected either tonight or tomorrow.

Rhian Brewster's signed a long term contract with the club, which is very good news. Taiwo Awoniyi has also signed a new deal.

We're apparently in talks with Roma over a £62m deal for Allison (the Brazilian goalie) and confirmation of that deal is apparently expected either tonight or tomorrow.
I'm glad we've struck early on Alisson. With Courtois agitating for a move to Real, Chelsea are keen on Alisson too. By going in with a huge bid, we've made a statement - however, I expect Alisson and his agent to try and prompt rival bids out of Chelsea and Madrid over the next few days, too.

It's not over by a long shot. But even if we had to up the bid by £10m to secure Alisson, I say do it. The cost of not securing a top-class keeper, and sticking with Karius / Ward, will likely exceed that additional sum over the next couple of years.

I like Karius and feel for him, but I suspect we will see a keeper whose confidence is shot to pieces. He may need a couple of years' respite (and possibly a loan) to rebuild his mental strength.

Apparently the Fekir deal has been revived and could go through this week too.

Bad news about Alex Oxlade Chamberlain though - the club have said today he's likely to miss the majority of the season and any competitive football we get out of him would be a bonus.

These past few months seem to indicate a seriousness in the owners commitment to the club on a scale we've not seen for a long time. Re my earlier comment...I really can't wait to see what the first eleven can achieve this coming season.