The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

When keeping the numbers of clubs in the top comp is all about performance in Europe, which brings in the big bucks, I trust UEFA as much as Putin in the integrity stakes.

City are a quality side with genuine world class players, I just hope we stay in the match and give ourselves a chance over two legs.

I said earlier in the thread, I would fancy us against any of the foreign teams left, simply because, I think we would have been underestimated. Had any of the 4 English sides got through I would have wanted to avoid the

We can do it, it’s just going to płay havoc with my f*cking nerves again :)
I don't suppose that some clever chap has worked out the odds of the Spaniards avoiding each other and Liverpool ending up against City, two of the three teams nobody wanted to face. They must be astronomical.

Couldn't give a shite who we drew to be honest. Last of the Champions' League, it's going to be tough no matter who you draw. To win the trophy, your players and tactics have to be the best. Simple as that. We got City, but it could have been Barca. Whether we or City win the QF, the winner's going to have to see off Barca at some point. Or have it done for them, and then beat that team.

We've done it before. Five times, in fact :)

I completely agree with the EUFA manipulation comments, it's been long known here in Barçaland. Last time we won the Champions we had to beat the champions of England, Germany, Italy and France,
a Champions of merit that one.
Meanwhile up till this year Real Madid gets a coaster all the time. Check out the RM President's business and financial dealings and who he is pally with.

Semi-finals of RM, City, Bayern and Barça is what they are looking for and Lo and Behold it hath cometh about miraculously sirrah with optimum audience and income. Now how fortuitous is that?
It also gives local audiences like Liverpool-City a boost.

That said, at this level there are no easy Champions games and an upset could happen in any of the games. None of the teams are a push over. But I expect a Juve capitulation, though hoping like hell they won't like they did last year. Seville might get lucky but Bayern are Bayern, City over two legs will be strong, and Barça ditto.

Right. Now can I point out to all you ignoramuses that there are only two Spanish teams left, Barça is a Catalan team thank you very much. Or does this shortarse Geordie have to point out the territorial reality that you Scouses (and Mancs) are really Midlanders? ;)

Ed Spelling.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I completely agree with the EUFA manipulation comments, it's been long known here in Barçaland. Last time we won the Champions we had to beat the champions of England, Germany, Italy and France,
a Champions of merit that one.
Meanwhile up till this year Real Madid gets a coaster all the time. Check out the RM President's business and financial dealings and who he is pally with.

Semi-finals of RM, City, Bayern and Barça is what they are looking for and Lo and Behold it hath cometh about miraculously sirrah with optimum audience and income. Now how fortuitous is that?
It also gives local audiences like Liverpool-City a boost.

That said, at this level there are no easy Champions games and an upset could happen in any of the games. None of the teams are a push over. But I expect a Juve capitulation, though hoping like hell they won't like they did last year. Seville might get lucky but Bayern are Bayern, City over two legs will be strong, and Barça ditto.

Right. Now can I point out to all you ignoramuses that there are only two Spanish teams left, Barça is a Catalan team thank you very much. Or does this shortarse Geordie have to point out the territorial reality that you Scouses (and Mancs) are really Midlanders? ;)

Ed Spelling.
Hmm, I've never heard of The Catalan League:frustrated:.

Hmm, I've never heard of The Catalan League:frustrated:.
There is one, almost as bad as the Scottish one.

Be clear, three teams from La Liga, two Spanish one Catalan.

But a serious point is that while the Premier is more competitive, the economics of La Liga ensure that Barça and RM will always dominate like Rangers-Celtic. The share-out of TV cash is some 40-1 difference between the top and bottom teams for example. Plus the commercial clout both home and abroad maintains that gap.
It means that both teams will always have a good chance to be in the quarter-finals and almost certainly have one in the semis.
If another La Liga team gets there then good luck to them as the quality of the top six in La Liga is usually quite high.
English teams recently seem to stutter in the Champions and I'm not quite sure why.

Lovren, a bit like Mingers, has had his chance since he's been with us and just isn't consistent enough. We've little to lose with Matip, it's his chance now.
Reckon we'll look to bring a new centre back in over the summer whatever happens. Matip and Lovren are vying to be third choice I reckon (possibly fourth choice if Gomez gets a chance to play CB before then, Jurgen already sees him ending up in the middle when he's not needed to play RB).

And in regards to the game so far..... to utilise a phrase that confuses and annoys my soft Southern colleagues.....

******* Mega!!!

I'm already circumcised so can I just skip to the growing a beard bit?

What the **** is up with Mo tonight? Bugger is on fire!

Last edited:
Mo Salah has now equalled God as the highest goalscorer in a single season since the Premier League began.

In 125 years the only Liverpool players to score more than 36 in a season are Roger Hunt (37 and 42) and Ian Rush (40 and 47).

In 209 league goals under Klopp that's the first hat trick.

Reckon we'll look to bring a new centre back in over the summer whatever happens. Matip and Lovren are vying to be third choice I reckon (possibly fourth choice if Gomez gets a chance to play CB before then, Jurgen already sees him ending up in the middle when he's not needed to play RB).
Wouldn't mind seeing a top class centre back coming in. AA is a little weak at the moment with defending and Gomez is good cover/replacement. We have Clyne coming back, so more cover available. Like you said, that's going to squeeze Lovern and Matip.

Been disappointed by Matip in a way. Based on his previous form at Shalke as well as getting him for a free transfer, I'd hoped he would have turned out a class signing.

With injury and all, he's more a utility guy.