The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

JP47

LE
Screenshot_20220528-110840_WhatsApp.jpg

Whatever happens tonight , it's been one of the most exciting seasons I've ever had the good fortune to have observed, I've seen a few (due credits to @brownhat) even when footy was played in b+w.

I actually found myself early April giving myself the 'calm down, calm down' treatment, because even I (glass quarter full, if anything CAN go wrong it WILL go wrong) type of bloke was getting carried away, I began to wonder last Sunday, but we were playing sh*te anyway.

I'm pretty sanguine about the result tonight;
Why?
Is he a 'proper' supporter? I hear you ask..
( A Caplitalist, landowner who certainly DOESN'T BOO the NA, sing #F*ck the Tories# or the vile # Maggie's in the Mud# there's plenty there like me, the majority even)
Who respects the opposition (watching Simeone getting 'owned' by JK was a joy)
Arsenal pushed it, Everton were despicable (fans and players).
Porto/Villareal fans were great.

Who just loves watching the best at what they do, gel to create some king of magic I can share with my Girls and Godsons, and smile inside cos I know Exactly what they're feeling, cos I felt it too at their age in the '80's....

The fact it all happens 30 minutes from home is summat too easily taken for granted, as does seeing the left back who scored 'The goal' that night, regularly pounding the local pavements and lanes, the irony of Kostas our Greek Scouser living within a mile of him (and another EC lifting Captain) flashing past in his blingy Merc G Wagon, not having a clue who the lardy lump sweating like a fountain is, and what he did, only seems amusing to me.
Daughter#2 only last week was prattling on about this bloke in our local M+S who kept smiling at her "I knew I know him,but I couldn't remember where, the checkout lad was getting really excited though..."
"His tats don't do anything for him,I thought he was just another Kethead Scally from college ,he's much smaller when you're next to him.

It's simple;
I had become used to the winning(even the Inter match didn't matter, cos we'd already won)
At Wembley I never doubted(honestly) Taki Vs Norwich it was simply the most exciting night of the season, written in the stars an all that shi*te...
FaCup was half won before the pens started.
Tonight, the people that matter don't doubt either.
All because of one man...
Stand fast JK
He has
"Turned Doubters into Believers"
That'll be his epitaph over his gates/ statue banners...

When this cycle is over, and we're at the Man U stage again (It always does) I'll be able to think back to that night in Paris against RM..
(Either, hopefully) and remember the sheer Joy of the Journey(ditto)

The most exciting recent times I've got stored in my rapidly fading grey matter are when we won nowt...
Gerrard/ Torres et al.
I'm going out on a limb here, I regularly get into bother, but the best I've seen in the flesh ..
(Georgie Best was past it but FFS...genius)
Sir KD as much of a Giant off the pitch as ever he was on it, that's all, its more than words can describe
It's;
LUIS SUAREZ...
He simply did things no-one else I've ever seen do ( Maradonna maybe, but I never saw him in the flesh/ Messi probably, but never in front of us, funny that but not as funny as Neymars' scream when Jimmy M 'welcomed' him to Anfield)

However...
Borrusia Monchengladbach
St Etienne
Lfc 5-1 Notts Forest
Olympiacos
Barcelona
Istanbul (I hated it, I was just in shock as Clive Tyldsley uttered those immortal words
"Hello, hello.." cos I 'knew' too but it simply didn't make sense against that load of Superstars, led by Hmmm? never underestimate the man.
Barry Davies telly
Peter Jones Radio commentaries..
The Heavy Metal season 19/20...

These are already 'banked'
There'll be more.
It's NEVER to be taken for granted, the Hillsborough memorial makes sure of that,
Heysel Anniversary tomorrow will never be forgotten by the Grown Ups.

So, that long rambling post is all part of 'Savouring the moment......'

The turnout tomorrow will be jubilant, win or lose, well show the Mancs how to do a bus tour;

We're owed,and we're well practiced!

I note that you don’t disown those that boo the National Anthem? Do you really mean that?

As for Maggie, she took my Sovereign’s Parade in 1980. Why would I want to shoot her?

Confused of N17.
Trust me, when HM The Queen eventually goes to the big Palace in the Sky there will be as big an outpouring of grief in Liverpool as there would be in any other city in the world.

And we don't punch horses.

Leave it.

Whatever happens tonight , it's been one of the most exciting seasons I've ever had the good fortune to have observed, I've seen a few (due credits to @brownhat) even when footy was played in b+w.

I actually found myself early April giving myself the 'calm down, calm down' treatment, because even I (glass quarter full, if anything CAN go wrong it WILL go wrong) type of bloke was getting carried away, I began to wonder last Sunday, but we were playing sh*te anyway.

I'm pretty sanguine about the result tonight;
Why?
Is he a 'proper' supporter? I hear you ask..
( A Caplitalist, landowner who certainly DOESN'T BOO the NA, sing #F*ck the Tories# or the vile # Maggie's in the Mud# there's plenty there like me, the majority even)
Who respects the opposition (watching Simeone getting 'owned' by JK was a joy)
Arsenal pushed it, Everton were despicable (fans and players).
Porto/Villareal fans were great.

Who just loves watching the best at what they do, gel to create some king of magic I can share with my Girls and Godsons, and smile inside cos I know Exactly what they're feeling, cos I felt it too at their age in the '80's....

The fact it all happens 30 minutes from home is summat too easily taken for granted, as does seeing the left back who scored 'The goal' that night, regularly pounding the local pavements and lanes, the irony of Kostas our Greek Scouser living within a mile of him (and another EC lifting Captain) flashing past in his blingy Merc G Wagon, not having a clue who the lardy lump sweating like a fountain is, and what he did, only seems amusing to me.
Daughter#2 only last week was prattling on about this bloke in our local M+S who kept smiling at her "I knew I know him,but I couldn't remember where, the checkout lad was getting really excited though..."
"His tats don't do anything for him,I thought he was just another Kethead Scally from college ,he's much smaller when you're next to him.

It's simple;
I had become used to the winning(even the Inter match didn't matter, cos we'd already won)
At Wembley I never doubted(honestly) Taki Vs Norwich it was simply the most exciting night of the season, written in the stars an all that shi*te...
FaCup was half won before the pens started.
Tonight, the people that matter don't doubt either.
All because of one man...
Stand fast JK
He has
"Turned Doubters into Believers"
That'll be his epitaph over his gates/ statue banners...

When this cycle is over, and we're at the Man U stage again (It always does) I'll be able to think back to that night in Paris against RM..
(Either, hopefully) and remember the sheer Joy of the Journey(ditto)

The most exciting recent times I've got stored in my rapidly fading grey matter are when we won nowt...
Gerrard/ Torres et al.
I'm going out on a limb here, I regularly get into bother, but the best I've seen in the flesh ..
(Georgie Best was past it but FFS...genius)
Sir KD as much of a Giant off the pitch as ever he was on it, that's all, its more than words can describe
It's;
LUIS SUAREZ...
He simply did things no-one else I've ever seen do ( Maradonna maybe, but I never saw him in the flesh/ Messi probably, but never in front of us, funny that but not as funny as Neymars' scream when Jimmy M 'welcomed' him to Anfield)

However...
Borrusia Monchengladbach
St Etienne
Lfc 5-1 Notts Forest
Olympiacos
Barcelona
Istanbul (I hated it, I was just in shock as Clive Tyldsley uttered those immortal words
"Hello, hello.." cos I 'knew' too but it simply didn't make sense against that load of Superstars, led by Hmmm? never underestimate the man.
Barry Davies telly
Peter Jones Radio commentaries..
The Heavy Metal season 19/20...

These are already 'banked'
There'll be more.
It's NEVER to be taken for granted, the Hillsborough memorial makes sure of that,
Heysel Anniversary tomorrow will never be forgotten by the Grown Ups.

So, that long rambling post is all part of 'Savouring the moment......'

The turnout tomorrow will be jubilant, win or lose, well show the Mancs how to do a bus tour;

We're owed,and we're well practiced!

I can only award one Excellent. But take another 5 virtual ones, and 6 if we win today.

Your post reminded me of this:

“Clive Tyldesley, Radio City Sport, at Anfield.”

ALLEZ, ALLEZ, ALLEZ!!!

Sure, I get all that, and I remember as a young man the 1974 FA final with the Liverpool fans in London. Both Scousers and Geordies created a day to remember and we got on great, a day I will always remember, even fifty years later. I haven't got a bone to contend here, just while the Anfield atmosphere can be fantastic, you made a claim about the best in the world. So what about Atletico de Bilbao for example? Do you actually know anything about their atmosphere?
There are other leagues, other towns, other fans who can rival you for fervour and atmosphere.

Are you streets ahead of big teams like Real Madrid and Barcelona in these terms? Undoubtedly. I've been to Camp Nou a handful of times and it's nothing like as noisy as it would be transported to Anfield or on the Tyne.

Is Anfield special? Yes of course? Is it the best? Just reeling off a list of impressed visitors doesn't back up the best in the world claim. There are others.

But good luck tomorrow. Beat those white cabrons.
Thanks for the Good Luck Wish.

Can you honestly tell me another club does stuff like this?

That was in Michigan. A day or two before, we were in Charlotte for the Dortmund game, and it was exactly the same. I found myself singing “Poor Scouser Tommy” for the first time in about 30 years and still remembered the words. Much to my wife’s astonishment :)

Morning All,
Not a scaase fan but surprised to see this front page in today's local 'comic'.
View attachment 666139View attachment 666140
View attachment 666142

View attachment 666145
Hmm, this most Cosmopolitan City that was once the Second City of Empire, portal to the New World.
The first Mosque in the Uk being established here, along with the largest Chinese community, just two examples.
Grandfather was a Bootle GP,he reckoned he'd treated every nationality he'd ever heard of in his time there.

With a team assembled from all parts of the Globe, with an higher proportion of Muslim players than any other in their starting lineups (4) is it any wonder?

As for the crowd, it's incredibly Cosmopolitan (my seat neighbours are Leicester Pakistanis,drive up for EVERY match, and alot of away games) funnily enough we were talking about Racism and 'The Knee' bollox only a couple of weeks ago...

He reckons it's simply the most welcoming and safest place they go, he's seen plenty of discrimination on his travels, but none of it here.

There's plenty of anti-establishment stuff(bit like in Belfast and Dublin I find) I wonder where that comes from?
Is that any wonder?
There's as much chance of Kirkdale/Old Swan/Toccky......voting Blue as there is of Gorton/ Rusholme/ Longsight..
If only they had a team who they could get behind!
Oh and back to 'other' crime rate...

That'll be the Bluenoses, they're more than conflicted at present...

They've hired a *spit* Tory Boy, who's
"Rescued em" (for a year)

Is it any wonder they're getting off their heads and smashing stuff up?

I'll just leave this (again)
B2F96247-0039-4903-8986-592049F579EA.jpeg

Maybe not as dramatic but one of the first things Eddie Howe did when he arrived at Newcastle was to get all the players to write down their wives/girlfriends (but not both) names and the names of any children they have together with their dates of birth. I believe, but not confirmed, he did the same for all the admin staff as well.
I don't think it was so he could colour in his wall mounted calendar.

Maybe not as dramatic but one of the first things Eddie Howe did when he arrived at Newcastle was to get all the players to write down their wives/girlfriends (but not both) names and the names of any children they have together with their dates of birth. I believe, but not confirmed, he did the same for all the admin staff as well.
I don't think it was so he could colour in his wall mounted calendar.
Eddie Howe is a good manager. You are lucky to have him. Enjoy it as long as it lasts.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Trust me, when HM The Queen eventually goes to the big Palace in the Sky there will be as big an outpouring of grief in Liverpool as there would be in any other city in the world.

And we don't punch horses.

Leave it.
Well, let’s hope so.

We don’t punch horses either as far as I know.

Latest Threads