The truth at last - You all love Liverpool FC

WTF..They just brought on an eleven year old. FFS

Just goes to show.

As one who watched it live, Neco, Tyler Morton especially and the right back we brought on at half time all impressed, Morton is at the very least championship ready, PNE didn't have a sniff from him. Curtis Jones couldn't get started and Ox, as ever, flattered to deceive.

Sepp impressed for PNE, had Divock in his back pocket and looked the best of that PNE backline.

It was bitty after the first goal and make no mistake PNE were up for it. Cunningham absolutely monstered Blair (of the haircut) and he didn't get a kick. Looked like a boy playing man's footy.

Then Divock decides to do FIFA in real life.

Nice to see a full Deepdale and loads of kids getting to see their first live footy fix.

Last edited:
Well 2 points dropped at home but listening to the game, it felt at times we were lucky to hold onto 1. Too many draws can be a real killer!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I did say Brighton would give you a better game than we did.
Bet you weren’t expecting that this afternoon.

This is not the stuff title challenges are made of.

Could do better, should do better.

This is not the stuff title challenges are made of.

Could do better, should do better.
Agreed, we can't be dropping points at home like that, especially when City were getting beat 2:0 by Palace. Results like this are what decide titles.

I'd hate for this result to come back and bite us in the arse come May.

Credit to Brighton though.

After the Lord Mayor's Show etc.........

Major cob on this am.
Two wagon loads of concrete to lay postponed from yesterday……

By the sound of it, drawing the short straw wasn’t the worst decision in the world.
The Lad reckoned Brighton fans felt robbed of three points at the end,he didn’t argue with em much.

( At least I got chance to watch Jos Buttler destroy the Aussies, every cloud and all that….,)

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
I think Brighton are a proper team who will surprise many this season. They're performing well and deserve to be thought of like Wolves a couple of seasons ago, rather than "bottom half fodder". They gave both us and City a fright.

(I also think West Ham are another team going largely under the radar despite performing well. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish above United this year tbh, as long as they don't fizzle out in the second half of the season.)

It wasn't a good performance against Brighton, but big picture - we are still undefeated, and Brighton will take many points off "big six" teams this season. I'll take 5-0, 5-0, 2-2 on balance.

Interesting that our away form is so much better than home form. Hoping Thiago return will help address that over coming months, as teams more willing to sit back at Anfield and he really can unpick things sometimes.

I’m enjoying this game. Great ref. Typical dirty, disrespectful Simeone side.

I’m enjoying this game. Great ref. Typical dirty, disrespectful Simeone side.
Agreed, the referee is taking no shit from anyone, yellow cards for diving, simulation, gobbing it off...I think a lot of Premier League referees could learn a thing or two from this guy.

Dunno what it looks like on telly, but it’s bouncing ( did anyone expect anything less after Saturday)

Manes on fire, Ox putting the hard yards inHendo and Fab bossing the rest.

Robbo was getting stick on Saturday,shouted “Feck off” back to a fan in front of Herr K

Tmiskas might get a prolonged run.

Ps
There are 137 AM fans here….
I’ve counted em!
( One cheeky sods flying the Saltire)

Highlight of the evening;
This very jovial foreign gentleman (surrounded by a gaggle of very pretty young Brazilian ladies, and LFC minders) posing for daughter just after half time…..

Who d’reckon his Lad might be?
37A0D465-2BA0-4458-919B-29E779F29D66.jpeg

Bobby’s had a bit of a reputation of a party animal, dunno whether Alisson’s baptism stuff has tamed him, but it’s safe to say Dad certainly kept the samba beat going( until he went off anyway)

Agreed, the referee is taking no shit from anyone, yellow cards for diving, simulation, gobbing it off...I think a lot of Premier League referees could learn a thing or two from this guy.
He's a Rotterdam police inspector in his day job, so 'heard it all before' cynicism is a given; the contrast between the phlegmatic Cloggie and the hotheaded Latins was a joy to watch. Simeone was a disappointment, though - acting almost rationally, for once.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
UP THE HAMMERS:number1:
Has Allison being studying De Geas technique on crosses?

Please don’t begrudge me this post I haven’t had much to cheer lately.

UP THE HAMMERS:number1:
Has Allison being studying De Geas technique on crosses?

Please don’t begrudge me this post I haven’t had much to cheer lately.
Yeah, we understand how traumatic the last few weeks has been for you. Having to watch Fred get in the team week in and week out must break your heart.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads