Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Trump Presidency...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it more than a little vexing that Emma Lazarus could use the term "the wretched refuse of your teeming shore" about immigrants in a piece of doggerel, and our bien pensants love it, but I use the term "trash", and all of a sudden I've been banned from commenting on a news site.

Because you are not following the correct line of political thought...which makes you a horrible man.

Obviously there is NO END to the lies that spews out of the fat ******* mouth.

Been there done that Donald, yep we do buy stuff in Florida and bring it back over the border, sometimes we might be wearing the T Shirt as well, but declare it - not a chance an it's not because of Tariffs and never has been it's because of the CDN Tax they would charge per item.

btw dummy explain how you make shoes sound OLD ??

Reality Check: No, Canadians aren’t ‘smuggling’ shoes across the border due to ‘massive’ tariffs
By Jessica VomieroNational Online Journalist Global News

Trump said Tuesday. “The tariffs to get common items back into Canada are so high, that they have to smuggle them in. “They buy shoes and then they wear them. They scuff them up. They make them sound old or look old,” the president said.

However, while many Canadians are guilty of bringing products across the border without paying the appropriate fees attached, the reasons for this have little to do with tariffs, explained Walid Hejazi, an associate professor at the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management.

“It’s incredibly misleading. It is true that many Canadians go into the U.S. to do shopping, and they do not declare these things returning to Canada for a multitude of reasons,” Hejazi explained.

He emphasizes that any products made in North America, with the exception of a few, are not subject to any tariffs at all when being brought over the border. In the case where the item purchased was not manufactured in North America, not declaring the purchase stems more frequently from uncertainty about what needs to be declared and a reluctance to go through the hassle of doing so at the border.

In addition to the tariffs on products not made in North America, Canadians would also have to pay Canadian taxes on these products, should they declare them. Hejazi explained that each set of fees would likely amount to approximately CDN$40 each.

“The vast vast majority of goods and services across the Canada-U.S. border are not subject to tariffs. If they’re made in North America, there’s no tariffs. They would just cross the border freely, but if they’re made outside, there is a tariff, but they vary by product,” he said.

The bottom line, said Hejazi, is that Trump’s claim that Canadians are smuggling shoes and other items across the border to avoid “massive tariffs,” is simply false.

“It’s not true. The statement is not true that Canadians are wearing shoes and scuffing them up and bringing them back into Canada because of the massive tariffs,” he said, and went on to call the argument “completely disingenuous,” he concluded.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

God I detest that man'baby (do ya think spanky?) it's no wonder I post ANYTHING that will drag the fat tosser down.

bbc television and bbc iplayer, or bbc website. Oh yes, your right, they are all entirely different content.
*BBC, iPlayer, *You’re.

I didn’t mention content - however you go with your reading the TV and watching the internet; it explains a few things.

*BBC, iPlayer, *You’re.

I didn’t mention content - however you go with your reading the TV and watching the internet; it explains a few things.
So, do the news media, on all sides, report the factual news?
Or, do they report feelings, rumour, exaggerate and exclude contradictory evidence, to the bias they have ?

If your answer is the second, that is my justification for saying, I don't believe anything they say. I am happy to hear or read it, but never ever take what they say as FACT.

Or, do they report feelings, rumour, exaggerate and exclude contradictory evidence, to the bias they have ?

If your answer is the second, that is my justification for saying, I don't believe anything they say. I am happy to hear or read it, but never ever take what they say as FACT.
Unlike your Russian media eh comrade?

Mildly entertaining? "Hilarious" names for Trump? Links that have **** all to do with Trump? Cut & Paste jobs, some of which are written by people who are bellthronks? Yeah that's really entertaining.

You used to be funny.

You've nothing to say, but insist on saying it anyway.

Bore off, please.

Don’t start sentences with “So”.

You’re getting very het up about this. For what it’s worth, I agree with your first paragraph - however just because they have a slant on their reporting doesn’t mean that everything they say is untrue - a healthy skepticism is, well, healthy.

Even Trump occasionally tells a truth.

On one side, you have Rachel maddow, Trudeau and others of that ilk, crying like little babies at the drop of a hat.. On the other, a man, who is prepared to deal with challenges head on, like some crazed judge dredd/trump.

Of course, Trump will inevitably get some things wrong, its what happens, when you try and overturn established ways, principles, frozen thinking.

I know which one I would prefer leading our country.

I wouldn't watch anything you post about the Child Kidnapper.

then you will never learn - very sad

the videos were from the Inspector Generals committee hearing on the outcome of his 500+ page report into the FBI/DOJ investigation into Hillary Clintons off site e-mail server fiasco - he was being questioned on his findings which found that a limited number of named (and a couple not named) FBI individuals completely failed to do their jobs properly in an effort to keep Hillary in the race to become President - his next report will cover the suspected FISA abuses of the FBI/DOJ/Obama Admin

in anyones book his findings so far have been pretty shocking and worthy of note. Ignoring it wont make it go away

On one side, you have Rachel maddow, Trudeau and others of that ilk, crying like little babies at the drop of a hat.. On the other, a man, who is prepared to deal with challenges head on, like some crazed judge dredd/trump.

Of course, Trump will inevitably get some things wrong, its what happens, when you try and overturn established ways, principles, frozen thinking.

I know which one I would prefer leading our country.
Are you American?

Status
Not open for further replies.