The Trump Presidency...

Let the spin begin.
Not sure about the spin, but looks like the wheels are starting to come off. Apoplexy on the way?

'Donald Trump is acting like a worried man. Reeling from the news that his longtime fixer and personal lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded him — and now seems prepared to co-operate with investigators — Mr Trump lashed out at the Russia investigation with renewed fury this morning.
Echoing his previous complaints, the president called Robert Mueller’s investigation a “rigged witch hunt” under the control of “13 angry Democrats”.

'At this point it is customary for us to point out that Mr Mueller is a Republican, not a Democrat. The same is true of his boss, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (who started the investigation and now oversees it), FBI Director Christopher Wray and Mr Wray’s predecessor, James Comey, whose abrupt sacking at Mr Trump’s command sparked Mr Mueller’s appointment as special counsel. While there are some Democrats working on Mr Mueller’s staff, the investigation is being run by Mr Trump’s own Justice Department.'

Trump’s most loyal protector is now his biggest threat

Just got sent this:
Picture1.jpg

Not sure about the spin, but looks like the wheels are starting to come off. Apoplexy on the way?

'Donald Trump is acting like a worried man. Reeling from the news that his longtime fixer and personal lawyer Michael Cohen secretly recorded him — and now seems prepared to co-operate with investigators — Mr Trump lashed out at the Russia investigation with renewed fury this morning.
Echoing his previous complaints, the president called Robert Mueller’s investigation a “rigged witch hunt” under the control of “13 angry Democrats”.

'At this point it is customary for us to point out that Mr Mueller is a Republican, not a Democrat. The same is true of his boss, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (who started the investigation and now oversees it), FBI Director Christopher Wray and Mr Wray’s predecessor, James Comey, whose abrupt sacking at Mr Trump’s command sparked Mr Mueller’s appointment as special counsel. While there are some Democrats working on Mr Mueller’s staff, the investigation is being run by Mr Trump’s own Justice Department.'

Trump’s most loyal protector is now his biggest threat
That is a fascinating article.
Mote revelations to come, no doubt. How long can Trump hold onto Office?
As fascinating to watch as it is, I think the sooner he goes, the better.

That is a fascinating article.
Mote revelations to come, no doubt. How long can Trump hold onto Office?
As fascinating to watch as it is, I think the sooner he goes 6' under, the better.
I think you meant the above fix really didn't you? :)

As a layman it seems pretty clear to me that the DOJ had a good case to file for a wiretap and and good reason to start a surveillance program.
Newly Released Documents Reveal Former Trump Aide Carter Page Was Recruited by Russia
While the documents were heavily redacted in places, the Times reported that visible portions of the documents show the FBI telling the intelligence court that Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.” Page has denied being a Russian agent.

After a redaction, the Times reported that the application to wiretap Page included a partial sentence: “… undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True to form the Putin office man oops, I meant to say the 'man put in office Donny Disaster disregarding the overwhelming evidence that there was Russian interference had a different take on it, tweeting a quote from the highly impartial Fox News..

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

.@PeteHegseth on @FoxNews “Source #1 was the (Fake) Dossier. Yes, the Dirty Dossier, paid for by Democrats as a hit piece against Trump, and looking for information that could discredit Candidate #1 Trump. Carter Page was just the foot to surveil the Trump campaign...” ILLEGAL!
8:56 AM - Jul 22, 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does this man NOT GET ? If the orange idiot has nothing to fear then why fear nothing ?

Exclusive: Accused Russian agent Butina met with U.S. Treasury, Fed...
Lavrov tells Pompeo: free Russian woman accused in U.S. of espionage
Lavrov wants her released in a telecon with Pompeo as the charges are ‘fabricated’ according to him:
Russia’s foreign minister told his U.S. counterpart on Saturday that a woman arrested in the United States on accusations she was a Russian agent had been detained on “fabricated charges” and should be released.

Sergei Lavrov made the comments about Maria Butina in a phone call to U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that was aimed at improving bilateral relations, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement in the wake of the recent summit in Helsinki.
Most importantly, ‘I would’

As a layman it seems pretty clear to me that the DOJ had a good case to file for a wiretap and and good reason to start a surveillance program.
Newly Released Documents Reveal Former Trump Aide Carter Page Was Recruited by Russia
While the documents were heavily redacted in places, the Times reported that visible portions of the documents show the FBI telling the intelligence court that Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.” Page has denied being a Russian agent.

After a redaction, the Times reported that the application to wiretap Page included a partial sentence: “… undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True to form the Putin office man oops, I meant to say the 'man put in office Donny Disaster disregarding the overwhelming evidence that there was Russian interference had a different take on it, tweeting a quote from the highly impartial Fox News..
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

.@PeteHegseth on @FoxNews “Source #1 was the (Fake) Dossier. Yes, the Dirty Dossier, paid for by Democrats as a hit piece against Trump, and looking for information that could discredit Candidate #1 Trump. Carter Page was just the foot to surveil the Trump campaign...” ILLEGAL!
8:56 AM - Jul 22, 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does this man NOT GET ? If the orange idiot has nothing to fear then why fear nothing ?
Except, Carter Page was already working for the FBI:

What Really Happened Between the FBI and Carter Page | RealClearInvestigations

The quote from Cohen's lawyer was interesting "suffice to say when the recording is heard it will not hurt Mr Cohen, any attempt as spin will not change what is on the tape" there is an obvious inference.
What is the obvious inference?

I fear you’re seeing what you want to see

If Cohen is accused of conspiring with Trump to make illegal payments from campaign funds to silence a kiss and tell story, and the tape evidence will not hurt Cohen, than surely that means that it clears BOTH of them?

Except, Carter Page was already working for the FBI:
Your link extensively misquotes the Schiff report however that still doesn't escape the fact that the FBI had a solid reason to investigate him.

Intel Committee Ranking Member Schiff Releases Democratic Response Memo

f t # e
Washington, February 24, 2018 | 0 comments
Washington, DC – Today, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), the Ranking Member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, released the following statement:

“After reviewing the memorandum drafted by committee Republicans that was made public at the beginning of this month, the FBI rightly expressed its ‘grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy.’

“Here are some of the material facts the Majority deliberately omitted:

· The FBI supplied information to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court that Russia might be colluding with Trump campaign associates. DOJ provided the Court with a comprehensive explanation of Russia’s election interference including evidence that Russia courted another Trump foreign policy advisor, George Papadopoulos, and that Russian agents previewed their dissemination of information damaging to Hillary Clinton. Russian assistance would, as we would learn in the Papadopoulos plea, take the form of the anonymous disclosure of thousands of Hillary Clinton and DNC emails.

· The FBI had ample reason to believe that Carter Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power based on his history, including the fact that he had previously been a target of Russian recruitment, his travel to Russia, and other information. The renewals of the FISA were also appropriate and based on new information obtained by law enforcement.

· The FBI did disclose that those who employed Christopher Steele were likely motivated to discredit Trump’s presidential campaign. The Bureau used proper masking procedures so as not to reveal the identities of U.S. persons not subject to the FISA, but made clear that the likely purpose was opposition research.

· Contrary to the Majority’s assertions, the FBI and DOJ did not use a Yahoo News article to corroborate Steele; it was referenced alongside another article and a letter Page wrote to then FBI Director James Comey to inform the court of Page’s public denials.

If Cohen is accused of conspiring with Trump to make illegal payments from campaign funds to silence a kiss and tell story, and the tape evidence will not hurt Cohen, than surely that means that it clears BOTH of them?
Some orange buffoon talking to you about buying off a tart does not mean you want to talk about buying off a tart.

Despite labrat trying to throw a fake news spin on it.. It just doesn't seem to go the way Donny Disaster wants it to go does it ?
Lawmakers reject Trump claim that records confirm misconduct
Politics Jul 22, 2018 12:29 PM EDT
BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — President Donald Trump claimed Sunday that newly released documents relating to the wiretapping of his onetime campaign adviser Carter Page “confirm with little doubt” that intelligence agencies misled the courts that approved the warrant. But lawmakers from both parties say the documents don’t show wrongdoing.

″They did not spy on the campaign from anything and everything that I have seen. You have an individual here who has openly bragged about his ties to Russia and Russians.” – Sen. Marco Rubio

The documents have been at the center of a political firestorm for months, as some Republicans have suggested that the FBI misrepresented evidence to obtain warrants to monitor Page as they investigated possible collusion between the Russian government and a Trump aide. The documents had remained out of public view until Saturday, when they were released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Visible portions of the heavily redacted documents show the FBI telling the court that Page “has been collaborating and conspiring with the Russian government.” The agency also told the court that “the FBI believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government.”

The documents were part of officials’ application for a warrant to the secretive foreign intelligence surveillance court, which signed off on surveilling Page.

Trump tweeted Sunday on the documents: “As usual they are ridiculously heavily redacted but confirm with little doubt that the Department of ‘Justice’ and FBI misled the courts. Witch Hunt Rigged, a Scam!”

Democratic Rep. Adam Schiff of California, a ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, said the documents lay out in detail “just why the FBI was so concerned that Carter Page might be acting as an agent of a foreign power.”

“It was a solid application and renewals signed by four different judges appointed by three different Republican presidents,” Schiff said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida also broke with Trump, saying he didn’t think the FBI did anything wrong in obtaining warrants against Page.

“I have a different view on this issue than the president and the White House,” Rubio said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” ″They did not spy on the campaign from anything and everything that I have seen. You have an individual here who has openly bragged about his ties to Russia and Russians.”

Page has denied being an agent of Russia, which he repeated Sunday to CNN, saying, “No. I’ve never been the agent of a foreign power.”

In a 2013 letter, Page described himself as an “informal adviser’ to the Kremlin but now he told CNN “it’s really spin” to call him an adviser.

Judging by Trumps Tweets I'd suggest he doesn't think he's in the clear.

The FBI had ample reason to believe that Carter Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power based on his history, including the fact that he had previously been a target of Russian recruitment, his travel to Russia, and other information. The renewals of the FISA were also appropriate and based on new information obtained by law enforcement.
Wait a minute, the proof that he is vulnerable to Russian recruitment is the fact that you previously used him as an undercover FBI agent to catch Russian spies when they tried to recruit him?

Can you not see the circularity of that argument?

Wait a minute, the proof that he is vulnerable to Russian recruitment is the fact that you previously used him as an undercover FBI agent to catch Russian spies when they tried to recruit him?

To catch a RAT you watch the RAT !!

I think it was a top notch idea to be honest and let's not forget the other Indictments shall we ? Even if you take Carter Page out of the picture there are an amazing amount of connections from the Trump campaign to the Russians. Connections that you, Fox News, nor anyone else can spin their way out of.

The Truppits contention is that the FBI was rigged to enable Hilary to get elected, Trump DID get elected !

Last edited:
Wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in the 'America, it's a bit odd' thread. The USA is doomed, doomed I say!

'It’s been a disastrous week for Donald Trump, whose widely denounced behaviour with Vladimir Putin in Helsinki led to some monumental flip-flopping over his stance on Russia.

'But the former reality star’s terrible seven days have ended with surprising evidence that nothing can touch Mr Trump, as it emerged the past seven days have done little to lower his status with the public.

'The Washington Post found that despite a negative public reaction to the Helsinki summit, most Americans do not feel Mr Trump went “too far” in supporting Mr Putin. While more Americans say US leadership has become weaker rather than stronger, his ratings on this question are slightly improved from last autumn.'

Inside Trump’s disaster week

Nice sane reaction from the Bigly Brained man with All The Best Words.

Yes but just because I live in Wyoming does not mean I don’t see other parts of the country and the people that exist in them.

Yes I know his excuses all smell like his arrsehole. We talk about them here as well. Just in a more diplomatic fashion to avoid fistfights.

The question that none of you folks want to ask is what led to him being elected in the first place? Then we need to ask how the Dems lost an election that should have been theirs and how they seem to be ready to lose 2020?
I would argue that the Dems put Trump in power by fielding the godawful candidate Hillary Clinton.