The Trump Presidency...

Is it fear of admitting they're wrong or just blind stupidity I honestly don't know anymore.
Or maybe, it's just good old fashioned closing of the ranks?
You know; "he's a twat, but he's our twat?" That kind of thing?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Or maybe, it's just good old fashioned closing of the ranks?
You know; "he's a twat, but he's our twat?" That kind of thing?
Quite possibly, but as I say at what point do you think, I can't defend this imbecile anymore? Especially having no vested interest other than voting for him, although there's at least one on here who says he didn't vote Trump but gets awfully screamy over any criticism of him. That said most of them have gone very quiet after the last fiasco.

Quite possibly, but as I say at what point do you think, I can't defend this imbecile anymore? Especially having no vested interest other than voting for him, although there's at least one on here who says he didn't vote Trump but gets awfully screamy over any criticism of him. That said most of them have gone very quiet after the last fiasco.
Agreed. Trump certainly seems to be doing some very rapid back peddling now.

Agreed. Trump certainly seems to be doing some very rapid back peddling now.
Perhaps not. Looks like he's doubling-down again to appeal to his 'base'. Offence is the best form of defence, and he's certainly offensive.

'Donald Trump has launched another startling attack on an ally as relations between the United States and other world powers strain at the seams. The US President accused the European Union of slapping a $5 billion fine on “one of our great companies, Google.” He warned: “They truly have taken advantage of the U.S., but not for long!” '

World leaders struggle to explain erratic Trump

Perhaps not. Looks like he's doubling-down again to appeal to his 'base'. Offence is the best form of defence, and he's certainly offensive.

'Donald Trump has launched another startling attack on an ally as relations between the United States and other world powers strain at the seams. The US President accused the European Union of slapping a $5 billion fine on “one of our great companies, Google.” He warned: “They truly have taken advantage of the U.S., but not for long!” '

World leaders struggle to explain erratic Trump
I really must catch up with this week's bloody news over the weekend mate.

Mate, most people I meet here think he is a world class numpty. The thing is that the majority of Latino's and Hispanics would never vote for him, neither would the majority of black folk who think he is a secret member of the KKK. Yet, there are plenty of white folk who, whilst thinking and expressing he is a nugget short of a happy meal, would still vote for him. The reason being is that whilst he speaks english as if it is his second language he does make all the right noises about nation first and jobs for the people. Even though there don't really appear to be many real new jobs and it is mainly a case of "lies, damn lies and statistics".....no different to government statistical massaging in the UK.

The problem is not so much the electorate as the skewed arcane method of deciding who has won via the electoral college.

Fox News Host: Trump ‘Sounds Insane’ on Latest Russian Meddling Denial
The president left a normally supportive Fox News host baffled after saying Russia is not still trying to interfere with U.S. elections.
MATT WILSTEIN

07.18.18 1:28 PM ET
A link for the Truppits

With one simple contraction—“wouldn’t”—President Donald Trump got Fox News back on his side. And then hours later, with the word “no,” he seems to have lost them all over again.

Asked by a reporter, during a Wednesday afternoon cabinet meeting, if Russia is “still targeting the U.S.,” Trump replied: “Thank you very much, no.”

From there, with his arms folded defiantly, he declared, “There's been no president ever as tough as I have been on Russia.”

After playing that clip on Fox News’ Outnumbered, co-host Melissa Francis seemed utterly baffled as she said that when the question was asked of Trump, “All he said was ‘no,’ which sounds insane.”

Fox News’s John Roberts Reacts to Trump Tweet: ‘That Makes Me an Enemy of the State’

by Ken Meyer | 11:49 am, July 19th, 2018
Another link for the Truppit thickies that cannot do their own research

As President Donald Trump continues to hammer the press over the ongoing firestorm from his Vladimir Putin summit, John Roberts has duly-noted that he’s being lumped in with the so-called “enemy of the people.”

Trump railed against his critics today by once again decrying the “Fake News Media” for their negative coverage on his Helsinki press conference and his repeated walk backs on whether or not he accepts intelligence findings about Russia’s 2016 election-meddling. Trump also claimed that he has acknowledged Russia’s actions “MANY TIMES,” even though he’s been wishy-washy about it ever since the summit, and still thinks other countries might actually be responsible.

Several Fox News figures have offered varying degrees of criticism for how Trump handled things over the last few days, and since Roberts is the network’s Chief White House Correspondent, Trump must be calling him an enemy too as a member of the media:

President Trump doubles down on his “fake news media - enemy of the people” mantra for reporting that his meeting with Putin was widely panned by members of his own party. That makes me an enemy of the state.​
The journalists of Fox News are increasingly pushing back against the President’s tirades, though that trend has not remotely touched their more opinion-based programming.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WOW a Democratically elected President once again supports Russia, denies any meddling and calls out the US National Media as "The enemy of the State".

It really is bordering on treasonous behavior but that's OK as long as Jonesy gets another $17 dollars a week.

I think the problem is more closely linked to no-one ever having heard mention of the electoral college system until President Trump was inaugurated.
The Dem's have been trying to have it done away with for years as they would previously have had more candidates in the seat if it had purely been based on the actual vote of the people.............rather than the opinions of a few hundred, bung trousering, self-important, pompous WASP's.

I honestly don't think that the majority of the electorate realise that their vote at the ballot counts for nothing more than an indicator to their local state member of the electoral college as to which way they should vote.

Let's be realistic if Europeans had to live and work like Americans I don't think that sense of altruism would last very long.
If only Americans had some way of telling their governments what sort of society they wanted. They could live and work like Europeans if only that was possible.

Let's be realistic if Europeans had to live and work like Americans I don't think that sense of altruism would last very long.
Well if you will live in a third world toilet, what do you expect?

Western Europe and Japan would not be the way they are now, were it for not for our intervention in world affairs in 1941. The same with all the other countries as well.
Just imagine how large the US Empire would be if you'd joined in at the start. Instead of being late. Again.

It was very kind of you to help us out a bit when the Japs attacked Pearl Harbour and Hitler declared war on you (which is my definition of “worst decision making” ever).

Thanks Jonesy.
Well given that the Soviets did most of the work, they were actually helping out Russia. Some might say it's deja vu all over again.